PDA

View Full Version : Decent Landclass for UK ?

guzler
December 5th, 2008, 12:20
Hi guys,

Anyone using one for the UK ? Any pictures of it ?

The scenery textures are much sharper than FS9, but not as rich in colour

lucas81
December 5th, 2008, 12:43
Hi Guzler,

I'd like to recommend you UTX Europe. It corrects the roads, shorelines, rivers and adds very accurate landclass.
Iam attaching screenshot from your home town ;)
Also Cloud9's European landclass is a good choice and it is cheap (about 10$) However, this one will upgrade your land classification and introduce new season system. No vector data upgrade (rivers, shores, etc.)

Best regards,
Lucas

PS: As for the textures, search for "Adam Mills" on Avsim. He did nice winter textures, if you don't like that desert textures ;)

IanP
December 5th, 2008, 12:46
Landclass doesn't affect the colour - only the chosen textures do that, so do you mean textures?

If so, Adam Mills European textures from Avsim are far more realistic than the brown that covers Northern Europe in MS world, so you might want to grab those - they're free! In terms on Landclass, I'm currently using the one from UTX Europe, which are more accurate than the Scenerytech one and vastly more realistic than the default. Antrim no longer surrounds Belfast Aldergrove, Wombourne isn't connected at the hip to Wolverhampton and Dudley and Shrewsbury is in the right place, if not the right shape... None of the autogen is particularly accurate, but it's a better start.

Ian P.

bkeske
December 5th, 2008, 14:10
My favorite for all of Europe is Cloud9...and I have most all of them.

And I agree with Alan's textures...much better than the defaults....but GEX Europe is coming...

guzler
December 6th, 2008, 07:58
Thanks guys,

I have UTX and adam mills textures installed, but find the bare hills not very nice, so its more the landclass, not the textures I am looking to change

bkeske
December 6th, 2008, 09:49
Look at Cloud9.

I have tried UTX's, FSGenesis, SceneryTech, and Cloud9's....and again, I think the Cloud9 product is superior (in most all areas of the world). That said, I do 'sandwich' the Cloud9 with the UTX landclass so they work together.

lucas81
December 6th, 2008, 10:29
Cloud 9 Euro is also good because it cover the "whole" region (so the Euro part of Russia is also covered), not like in the UTX, where landclass covers only the countries which vector data was improved.

Finally, you can grab freeware SbuilderX and build your own UK landclass if you are not satisfied with the existing ones. It is very simple, but powerful tool and the landclass placement is really easy.:ernae: