PDA

View Full Version : Any L-410 Flyers here?

falcon409
April 18th, 2011, 11:40
I have everything fixed except two places on the panel and I'm wondering if anyone has this airplane and was able to track down the fix. This is the Pannon Wings Design Team L-410. Really nicely done inside and out, but this could be a problem if I can't find the texture that fixes this little glitch.

thefrog
April 18th, 2011, 12:08
Hi
I recently discovered the 410 and find that the UVP model works best in FSX - with the exception of the areas just around the main instruments and the footwells, which are transparent. Otherwise it works really well.
I would like to know, though whether there are any documents anywhere which will tell me what some of the gauges, warning lights and switches do!
Dave35374

Daube
April 18th, 2011, 12:45
After having downloaded the version with the retractable gears, I recognized that almost all textures needed an inversion of the Alpha Channel, to invert their chromatic or transparency. I did that, but I failed to completely solve the transparency issue in the cockpit.

Now that I think about it, I have edited only the textures in the \texture.* folders, I didn't touch the ones in the \panel folder.... could that be the missing step ?

falcon409
April 18th, 2011, 16:30
. . . . . .Now that I think about it, I have edited only the textures in the \texture.* folders, I didn't touch the ones in the \panel folder.... could that be the missing step ?
I looked there briefly as I was leaving this afternoon, but I didn't really see anything there that would be the culprit.:salute:

Hurricane91
April 18th, 2011, 17:25
Falcon, change your panel color.

John

falcon409
April 18th, 2011, 18:55
Falcon, change your panel color.
John
I need to put a yellow sticky on my monitor and print that in big red letters and maybe I'd remember it next time, lol. Thanks John!! As many times as this has come up, I still miss it, lol.

Changed the color to 33,33,33 and it exactly matches the surrounding panels.

Daveroo
April 19th, 2011, 09:31
Hi
I recently discovered the 410 and find that the UVP model works best in FSX - with the exception of the areas just around the main instruments and the footwells, which are transparent. Otherwise it works really well.
I would like to know, though whether there are any documents anywhere which will tell me what some of the gauges, warning lights and switches do!
Dave35374

where can i find this UVP model?

thefrog
April 19th, 2011, 11:04
where can i find this UVP model?

I got it from AVSIMRUS.COM but it's also at AVSIM. The file name is pwdt_l410uvp.zip
Dave

falcon409
April 19th, 2011, 20:27
Hi
I recently discovered the 410 and find that the UVP model works best in FSX - with the exception of the areas just around the main instruments and the footwells, which are transparent. Otherwise it works really well. . . . . .
If you haven't fixed that glitch yet, and haven't read all the posts, see mine above which shows the VC with all panels fixed.

Hurricane91
April 20th, 2011, 08:57
...see mine above which shows the VC with all panels fixed.

Ed, I have been flying this model around for several months now but I still have the same "missing" Textures as Dave (see screenie above), i.e. footwells and perimeter of panels. Which texture files need to be modified to correct this? So far, I have tried to modify some panel textures with DXTBmp but either the steps taken were incorrect or I attempted to convert the wrong files (or both). Is the correct proceedure to invert the alpha, flip the image and save as .dds?

falcon409
April 20th, 2011, 09:23
Ed, I have been flying this model around for several months now but I still have the same "missing" Textures as Dave (see screenie above), i.e. footwells and perimeter of panels. Which texture files need to be modified to correct this? So far, I have tried to modify some panel textures with DXTBmp but either the steps taken were incorrect or I attempted to convert the wrong files (or both). Is the correct procedure to invert the alpha, flip the image and save as .dds?
All I did was simply go through all of the textures and where the alpha was solid black, I changed it to about a 10% gray, just enough to give a shine to the exterior. I also changed all the textures (except the glass) to 32bit. Then on your suggestion, I changed the VC_Panel color in the panel.cfg file from 0,0,0 to 33,33,33 and that took care of the last few transparent areas near the foot well and instrument panel.

thefrog
April 20th, 2011, 14:34
If you haven't fixed that glitch yet, and haven't read all the posts, see mine above which shows the VC with all panels fixed.
Yes fixed it now using grey on the L and R panel backgrounds. Many thanks!
Dave

Hurricane91
April 20th, 2011, 16:43
Yes fixed it now using grey on the L and R panel backgrounds. Many thanks!
Dave

Dave, do you still have the painted lines around the flight insturments on L and R panels? It appears to me that there is a difference between Ed's panel .cfg and yours. The instruments are different. The L-410 I am currently working on in FSX has a hybrid VC panel. In the screenshot below, the right side has the color change, the left side does not. I had to add "Background_color=32,32,32 to [Vcockpit2], and comment out "//file=$panel_R.bmp".

falcon409
April 20th, 2011, 17:28
Dave, do you still have the painted lines around the flight insturments on L and R panels? It appears to me that there is a difference between Ed's panel .cfg and yours. The instruments are different. The L-410 I am currently working on in FSX has a hybrid VC panel. In the screenshot below, the right side has the color change, the left side does not. I had to add "Background_color=32,32,32 to [Vcockpit2], and comment out "//file=$panel_R.bmp".

I'm just flying the "no frill" no "hybrid VC", nothing, just downloaded the base model and one update and that's it.

Hurricane91
April 20th, 2011, 18:28
I'm just flying the "no frill" no "hybrid VC", nothing, just downloaded the base model and one update and that's it.

Thanks for your help on this Ed, I learned a lot. The only reason it's a hybrid VC is because I couldn't get the "new" attitude indicator to work. The "old" multi color one also looks nicer.

falcon409
April 22nd, 2011, 09:19
One problem I'm having right now is that I added some new gauges, moved some around and so on, but gauges like the GPS, AP and such are inaccessible. Anyone else have a problem like this? They look great but I can't use them. My only alternative is to do pop ups so I can get to them.

Hurricane91
April 22nd, 2011, 10:29
One problem I'm having right now is that I added some new gauges, moved some around and so on, but gauges like the GPS, AP and such are inaccessible. Anyone else have a problem like this? They look great but I can't use them. My only alternative is to do pop ups so I can get to them.

Ed, I had the center panel configured for an enlarged GPS 500 on an earlier install of the L-410. A few gauges were dropped but at least you can see the GPS read outs. There is also room below your main panels to squeeze in a default B 737 AP and/or a KLN 90 which is what I am currently using (see screenshot posted earlier) .

falcon409
April 22nd, 2011, 11:25
Ed, I had the center panel configured for an enlarged GPS 500 on an earlier install of the L-410. A few gauges were dropped but at least you can see the GPS read outs. There is also room below your main panels to squeeze in a default B 737 AP and/or a KLN 90 which is what I am currently using (see screenshot posted earlier) .
Oh, I can read everything fine, especially after changing the gauge resolution for 512,512 to 1024,1024. That's not the problem, I can't get any of the buttons to function. The AP and GPS look great but they aren't clickable.

Hurricane91
April 22nd, 2011, 13:30
...I can't get any of the buttons to function. The AP and GPS look great but they aren't clickable.

I just checked the PWDT_L410UVPT version which is the one I thought you have, and all VC panels are clickable in FSX.
You might try another version of the L-410, I believe there are several floating around out there. It seems like each version is a little bit different. The one I am using now is the PWDT_L410UVP.

falcon409
April 22nd, 2011, 14:03
I just checked. . .I have PWDT_L410UVPE.

Hurricane91
April 22nd, 2011, 14:55
I just checked. . .I have PWDT_L410UVPE.

Like I said, there are quite a few different models...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?33271-Let-L410-on-Avsim

thefrog
April 22nd, 2011, 15:01
I just checked the PWDT_L410UVPT version which is the one I thought you have, and all VC panels are clickable in FSX.
You might try another version of the L-410, I believe there are several floating around out there. It seems like each version is a little bit different. The one I am using now is the PWDT_L410UVP.

This is where I got my 410-UVP from:
http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-aircrafts-40/l-410-uvp-new-build-35698.html?action=download&hl=uvp
You need to click on the Download file: HTTP (EU) (http://dl.avsim.su/dl/ticket/ZmlkPTM1Njk4JnVpZD0wJmlwPTkxLjEyNS4xNTkuOTUmaGw9dX Zw/id/29256be623c72af26b63180fc3b686c74db207cc/40/35698-L-410-UVP.zip) above the thumbnail to download the plane
Dave

falcon409
April 22nd, 2011, 15:15
Got it, thanks Dave!!:salute:

falcon409
April 22nd, 2011, 16:27
Purely by accident. . . .changing the VC panel textures in the Panel.cfg folder from 24bit to 32bit 888 fixes the transparent areas:

Hurricane91
April 22nd, 2011, 17:21
...changing the VC panel textures in the Panel.cfg folder from 24bit to 32bit 888 fixes the transparent areas:

You nailed it Ed! I have been messing with the alpha on those all afternoon but couldn't figure it out. Learned more from you today. Thank you sir.

P.S. Now to think of all the other planes with a similar problem that need fixing...

falcon409
April 22nd, 2011, 19:49
Has anyone come across any documentation for this baby? Specifically, something that explains the switches? All I've found thus far are two PDF files of an original Pilots Manual. . . .all in Russian. I want to re-label the overhead panel so that I can set the switches easily without having to try to figure them out by process of elimination. Some have tool tips, but not all and some that do are abbreviated to the point that they don't sound familiar at all.

Hurricane91
April 23rd, 2011, 13:04
Has anyone come across any documentation for this baby?

I've been looking around a bit, but so far nothing. On this one, I just turn everything on except for the autothrottle and one of the radios. I'll keep looking.

falcon409
April 23rd, 2011, 15:03
Yea, I've looked at the switches in FSPanel Studio and I don't see anything harmful in turning most of them on. I've been trying to do some translations for the annunciator panel, but since many of them are abbreviations the translation makes little sense.

Havin' a great time flying it though and it's a great short field aircraft. I did find out that UVP is the Russian equivalent of STOL.

Hanimichal
April 23rd, 2011, 17:04
WOW Airplane
I converted all textures to DDS DXT1 and with alpha channel to DDS DXT3 and added new alphachannel for 3 blade propeller DDS DXT5

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/691jpeg_2011_4_23_22_1_31.jpg
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/974jpeg_2011_4_23_11_59_0.jpg

Hurricane91
April 24th, 2011, 11:55
WOW Airplane...

Nice screenshots Hanimichal. Thanks for posting.

StormILM
April 24th, 2011, 13:20
Hanimichal, is it possible for you to upload/make available those textures & modifications ?

Hanimichal
April 24th, 2011, 14:27
Hanimichal, is it possible for you to upload/make available those textures & modifications ?

http://www.mediafire.com/?vrlt1d819vijbk3

deathfromafar
April 24th, 2011, 20:58
I've been following this thread with interest and went and got the model & Hanimichal's textures. This is a keeper! Thank you!

:salute::applause: