PDA

View Full Version : Beagle-Auster D5 Husky

RyDraiggoch
April 17th, 2011, 09:00
Dave Molyneaux and the "Auster Gang" have just released their latest Auster for FS9 - the Husky -- It was the last "true" Auster before the company was bought out by Beagle Aircraft) Dave, Brian And Martin have done it again, A bit faster than their previous offerings its a joy to fly

Available at www.britsim.com (The Pond)

http://hosted.britsim.com/?di=WNYI

http://hosted.britsim.com/?di=EGSY

Leif

Flyboy208
April 17th, 2011, 10:03
Wonderful news Leif, Thank You ! Mike :salute:

Edit : For some reson my PC tells me that the Zip file for this aircraft is corrupt ...

RyDraiggoch
April 17th, 2011, 10:37

Edit : For some reson my PC tells me that the Zip file for this aircraft is corrupt ...

Didnt get a complete download Flyboy?

papab
April 17th, 2011, 11:56

Got the same problem,mine says the folder is empty and can't unzip
I dropped a line on their forum...

Will report back
Rick

RyDraiggoch
April 17th, 2011, 12:08
As usual Im totally flummoxed by this, I just downloaded the file from the Library in 17 seconds and then loaded it to Sendspace in 29 seconds....I have NO idea what's wrong with your providers.

Anyway there is a link over in the Forum at the Pond for those who are download deprived

Leif

Oh yes , and rest assured I dont use an Adminstrative log in Both Rob and I have non admin log ins to check problems like this

racartron
April 17th, 2011, 12:25
First D/L failed even though it said it was 6.81mb. However the second try was successful.
The paint D/L succeeded the first try.

This problem happens quite often at the site. In fact, one of the earlier liveries required over ten attempts to get a clean D/L. During the same session, several other liveries came down clean on the first shot.

Desert Rat
April 17th, 2011, 13:44
Just downloaded this in a very quick time for my hideously slow broadband (distance from exchange limits me to approx 1Meg when my package is 20+, lol) in Bonny Scotland. It surprised me how quick, Opera didn't even register a time, lol. I admit that I have had about a 50% success rate with downloads from your site, but I'm more than happy to just keep trying, plus Opera allows me to resume downloads, which helps greatly. It might be worth suggesting this browser to those having problems, it's been my browser of choice for years now and I won't change any time soon. http://www.opera.com/download/

many thanks for all the Austers, Beagles next then? lol.
Jamie

RyDraiggoch
April 17th, 2011, 14:37
That's sort of up to the dev's Jamie, Im just the teaboy really......I do know there will be a rather nice Prop Provost along shortly for Fs9 and FSX (seperate models) and Dave and his motley crew will probably be giving you the only Low wing Auster built shortly...plus some other bits and bobs -- And I do not think you have seen the last of Robs meteor marques yet....There is a FSX Beverley in the pipeline plus of course Paul Gs Luton Minor for both fs9 and FSX...The thing about the Pond is no one sets deadlines or pressures people -- stuff just happens....which is rather nice. There is a really nice surprise on the horizon from one of the best painters in the Hobby -- you will find some screenies of the WIP over at the Pond, its NOT going to be one for the faint hearted, the cockpit although only 2d is very very intensive.

Leif:icon_lol:

Thinks......Well if its Beagles you want there is a nice Airedale for Fs9 and FSX over there, along with some really nice repaints of the model....Of Course Rob already did the Bassett for fSX so that leaves the one off Beagle 242 -iI would personally like one even though it was never put into production - had they built it , it might have set the American light twin market on its ear, as it predates the Seminole Cessna 303 and the Cougar.

Flyboy208
April 17th, 2011, 18:20
Download and install just fine now ... Mike :salute:

fleurdelys
April 18th, 2011, 03:53
Thanks for the HU Leif.

The plane and Portugal textures downoaded OK the first time. It flies beautifuly and the sounds are just right...

It is gorgeous !

Fleurdelys

hurricane3
April 18th, 2011, 07:28
I have had the same download problem as everyone else, on some planes I've just given up, when it says you have 3 minutes to go on your download and BAM it downloads those 3 min. in 3 sec you know your DL was no good.
I thought they had the problem fixed with the new site but guess not.
My official two cents.

dhasdell
April 19th, 2011, 05:57
"Well if its Beagles you want there is a nice Airedale for Fs9 and FSX over there, along with some really nice repaints of the model"

Still no Pup, though, and the Bulldog really isn't the same beast.

AndyG43
April 19th, 2011, 06:33
....Of Course Rob already did the Bassett for fSX ......

Mm, still leaves a need for a decent Basset in FS9 (I said decent, the Shigeru Tanaka one doesn't count!!). ;-)

johnh_049
April 19th, 2011, 10:31
that's a nice little airplane. going to really enjoy it:salute:

racartron
April 23rd, 2011, 14:09
Just noticed the flaps extend almost instantly. I think this setting yields a better effect. 'course I have't any idea as to the authenticity.

[flaps.0] //Trailing Edge Flaps
type = 1 // 1 - tail, 2 - lead
span-outboard = 0.5 // 0.0 .. 1.0
extending-time = 1.501 //.01 // seconds
flaps-position.0 = 0 // degrees
flaps-position.1 = 25 // degrees
flaps-position.2 = 40 // degrees
flaps-position.3 = 50 // degrees
damaging-speed = 100 // KIAS
blowout-speed = 90 // KIAS
lift_scalar = 2.0
drag_scalar = 1.0
pitch_scalar= 0.0
system_type = 3 //0=Electric, 1=Hydraulic, 2=Pneumatic, 3=Manual, 4=None

Update: So much for consistency. I have two other Austers on the ramp at the moment one is set at 5.0 sec and the other is set at 0.40. Guess one can set the extension type to whatever looks right.:rolleyes:

T6flyer
April 24th, 2011, 01:13
Just noticed the flaps extend almost instantly. I think this setting yields a better effect. 'course I have't any idea as to the authenticity.

Update: So much for consistency. I have two other Austers on the ramp at the moment one is set at 5.0 sec and the other is set at 0.40. Guess one can set the extension type to whatever looks right.:rolleyes:

I have to say that the Flaps do come down immediately as they are all manual and one pull with your left arm and down they come! :)

Martin

Matt Wynn
April 24th, 2011, 01:28
great work BritSim team, currently using her to create Baxterleys Charity Farm strip... she seems to blend in well with this british farm strip environment... now is there an Eggesford for FS9?

T6flyer
April 24th, 2011, 02:01
great work BritSim team, currently using her to create Baxterleys Charity Farm strip... she seems to blend in well with this british farm strip environment... now is there an Eggesford for FS9?

Yes, there is!! Created by Auster creator Dave Molyneaux and available at:
http://www.britsim.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=162&func=fileinfo&id=1952

Martin

Matt Wynn
April 24th, 2011, 02:13
excellent, thanks for the pointer buddy! :salute: time to get Baxterley finished just so you can see what us locals have to contend with ;) if you have VFR Terrain pal you should spot it, use the lat/lon from the Baxterley website and there ya go :)

molyned
April 24th, 2011, 02:47
Just a word of caution folks - I built Eggesford strictly for the default FS9 out-of-the-box setup. It won't behave correctly with certain add-ons or with FSX. I originally built it for my own enjoyment having flown for-real from there last year.
Why ? I hear you ask - because in order to reproduce the runway-on-a-hill feature of Eggesford, I had to perform a few tricks with flattens etc. and not add an FS9 runway at all.
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

Matt Wynn
April 24th, 2011, 08:07
i'm having to do the same thing with Baxterley, no AFCAD but i'm going to add an NDB or VOR somewhere nearby so it's easy to find... back on track, i'm really enjoying this Beagle-Auster... how many more models are left? only a couple surely? :icon_lol: (i know not true blood Austers, but the bloodline)

racartron
April 24th, 2011, 09:15
I have to say that the Flaps do come down immediately as they are all manual and one pull with your left arm and down they come! :)

Martin

Ahhh, words of wisdom always clear the air. I did go back into my hanger and checked all zillion of my Auster variants and they ranged from 5.0 to 0.1 seconds. The majority were 4.0 seconds.

:a1089:Command decision time: Leave 'em be. After all, the designers probably know best.

molyned
April 24th, 2011, 11:05
You're right Smoothie - not many left now, but there are plenty of equally interesting aircraft out there to keep me amused. Eggesford doesn't have the luxury of any nav-aids real or imaginary - not much point because the majority of these Austers don't have new-fangled devices like A.D.F.s etc - some don't even have batteries !.
Racartron - Martin put me straight after my early builds used the default flaps timing - so you're in good company (us Old-Timers must stick together :) ) .
They seemed to take the view ' if it 'aint broke, don't fix it'. I now know that only two deviated from the 'armstrong' flaps handle (I could be wrong?) - the A.O.P.9 had a hand-pumped hydraulic lever up in the roof (I set this at 4 secs) and the A2/45 had a hand-operated winding handle (5 secs) .
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

racartron
April 24th, 2011, 13:30
Thanks for the oldtimers support, Molyned.:wavey: So the logical thing to do, is if I see that big ol' lever over my head, go with the binary instant solution. :pop4: No problemo

Sunny9850
April 25th, 2011, 11:13
Since my Saratoga is a bit on the older side....having left the factory in '82 she does have the manual flap handle or Johnson bar similar to the Auster. Good for payload and maintenance cost as my friend Tom flying a much newer TC model can tell you where Piper went with electrical flap operation....I venture a guess it was purely marketing driving this decision. The PA28 series I think always had the manual activation.

With that manual handle extension time and to some degree angle is purely pilot controlled. Some guys rip on the bar as if they want to yank it out of the airplane..usually followed by some gyrations as the airplane re-adjusts to the new drag/lift scenario at it's current speed and the over-control of the hapless pilot pulling or pushing on the yoke as they yank on the Johnson bar.

Personally I like to do things smoothly....if the pax in the far back seat don't notice any change at all I am happy. So after making sure I am within Vfe or preferably slightly below I pull gradually up on the bar leaving the latching button free to capture the first notch with a light click as we get there. I have never actually timed it but I would say that 2 maybe even 3 seconds go by until the first notch is fully down.
As the flaps go down drag increases and speed bleeds off....and the overall pitch doesn't change much if at all.

:ernae:
Stefan