PDA

View Full Version : Oops

EasyEd
December 5th, 2008, 10:02
Hey All,

I hate it when that happens! However it is his plane and he has the right to land it any way he wants.

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/WheelsUpLandingAtPensacola_199313-1.html

-Ed-

Lionheart
December 5th, 2008, 11:18
Ouch Kabibbles.....

:banghead:

GT182
December 5th, 2008, 11:46
Ouch is right. I bet he was a bit :redf:.

srgalahad
December 5th, 2008, 14:11
Geez.. Navy fliers.. no LSO to wave him off for gear-up... tch tch... that's why they put those funny automated voices in Air Force airplanes.:costumes:

Actually not to messy considering the trauma that was possible.

Rob

ben54b
December 5th, 2008, 17:52
Not enough smoke or flame to qualify as a "PANTHER".

Thank God it was not any worse than bent metal and likely skid marks in the pilots shorts. :redf::banghead:

Ben

lifejogger
December 5th, 2008, 18:29
Looks like a big $$$$$ repair bill.

OBIO
December 6th, 2008, 00:29
I wonder....at what point did he realize his error? I am sure by the time he realized that his tires were still in the glove box, it was too late to get out of the situation.

Seeing those pics makes me feel less pathetic about the time I stepped off a ladder before my feet were close to the ground.

OBIO

WND
December 6th, 2008, 03:22
I'm actually a little surprised! Being that it was a military base, they usually ask you to call "3 green" on final!!!

Snuffy
December 6th, 2008, 05:01
You know, I have never had that problem.

Granted all I fly are flight sims, but whenever I'm anywhere near the ground on a landing approach, one of the primary things in my head is whether or not I got the gear down first.

I'm fanatical when it comes to making sure. I just don't see how people can do this.

Sucks to be him I'm sure.

cheezyflier
December 6th, 2008, 06:30
You know, I have never had that problem.

Granted all I fly are flight sims, but whenever I'm anywhere near the ground on a landing approach, one of the primary things in my head is whether or not I got the gear down first.

I'm fanatical when it comes to making sure. I just don't see how people can do this.

Sucks to be him I'm sure.

in a similar way i have always wondered how other bikers can forget to put their feet down at a stop light. i have seen it happen dozens of times over they years. however, i did once step off of my own bike without putting the stand down, so i guess it can happen to anyone :redf:

TARPSBird
December 6th, 2008, 07:25
Guess the Navy at P'cola doesn't have the funding to maintain a sailor standing "wheels-watch" at the end of the runway. :icon_lol:

airtj
December 7th, 2008, 07:51
According to another website it was a landing gear failure. Look at the last post in the forum
http://www.warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25620&sid=409e4a8936459060906e700dc103c42d

Shouldn't jump to conclusions before you get all the information. It's been reported that pilots that have retractable airplanes are so use to the landing gear warning sound that it just another sound to ignore. You can also pull the warning horn when practicing stalls and slow flight so that you don't have to listen to the horn blaring in your head set. Gear horn has certain parameter's that it has to set off the horn, airspeed and manifold pressure.