PDA

View Full Version : F-15E... TSD

krazycolin
April 15th, 2011, 05:05
Here's something you don't see everyday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlLnFAyjDwk&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

Yes.. .this is going in to the E... And yes, it's coming soon.

Daube
April 15th, 2011, 05:21
Looking good ! :applause:

Phantom88
April 15th, 2011, 05:25
WOW!! Very Cool!!:jump:

Akatsuki
April 15th, 2011, 07:29
Will it be available through the Flight1 wrapper as the Cessna 310 is or else?

krazycolin
April 15th, 2011, 07:45
F1 will be the delivery system but it will be sold exclusively off of our new (upcoming) website...

(you will have 30 days money back!)

peter12213
April 15th, 2011, 15:38
Frames are hideous, I hope this was from a low end computer!

krazycolin
April 15th, 2011, 16:41
Not sure where you saw frame rates but we're actually getting pretty good numbers, but, that said, this is NOT for a P4.

peter12213
April 15th, 2011, 17:01
Not sure what a P4 is to be honest mate lol, just thought that vid loooked a bit jerky!:salute: Does it follow the terrain in AP too?

krazycolin
April 15th, 2011, 17:23
Yes, but, as this is FSX, it can only read altitude directly below you and not ahead... something big gets in your way quickly and you are toast...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_4

SADT
April 15th, 2011, 19:35
Hi Colin,

What are the limitations for implementing this in FSX? Splendid work so far! :salute:

Craig :-)

Cag40Navy
April 15th, 2011, 19:37
Any news on the C variant?

krazycolin
April 15th, 2011, 20:04
Limitations? Do you mean machine specs? Haven't done that yet but it will surely be relatively new (last 3 years for sure...). You will, almost certainly, need Acceleration as we are using all kinds of nifty code...

The C is coming along nicely thank you. It should be ready shortly after we finish the E and the plan is to sell them separately as well as a package deal for those who wish it.

SADT
April 15th, 2011, 20:38
Sorry Colin, should have been more specific,
Why are you not able to implement proper terrain following? (You say the AP can only read what is directly below the aircraft)

Craig.

krazycolin
April 15th, 2011, 21:05
If the terrain stays approximately the same, as I understand this, then all is good. If, however, the terrain all of the sudden, as in a building, rises 200 feet (and you are at 100), you are dead.

As far as I know, (though I have been wrong before) it is not possible to know the height of where you WILL be... if you get my drift. As far as I know. Even if it was, and my coder will certainly say that it is but... (the "but" meaning it will COST YOU) it will COST me... :sleep:

So, I am sorry but, we can't do it at this time and maybe never.

wombat666
April 16th, 2011, 00:31
Not sure what a P4 is to be honest mate lol, just thought that vid loooked a bit jerky!:salute: Does it follow the terrain in AP too?

Really???
:banghead:

skyblazer3
April 16th, 2011, 11:18
That footage from the cockpit looks wonderful. Could someone please excuse my ignorance and explain what TSD means? Professor Google was not much help in this situation.

Chris

PRB
April 16th, 2011, 13:26
In the Hornet, TSD = Tactical Situation Display. It shows lots of info from many data souces (own-ship radar, AWACS, IFF, radar warning gear, etc.) in a "top down" kind of format. Often superimposed with a digital map of the terrain. Looking at this video, I'm guessing that's what TSD means here as well.

skyblazer3
April 16th, 2011, 14:07
Thank you Paul.

krazycolin
April 16th, 2011, 14:11
Paul is correct. The Super Hornets TSD is very similar to the E's as they are both made by the same company and the same software resides on it...

This particular TSD is a rehash of Bryan's F-16 TSD C++ code... (Sorry if it's only C!)

(thanks Bryan!)

skyblazer3
April 16th, 2011, 15:31
Colin,

Which F-16 was that original TSD on? I'm afraid I don't know Bryan. Was that the IRIS or Aerosoft F-16? or perhaps another?

Chris

krazycolin
April 16th, 2011, 16:06
None of them. This guy, he loves the F-16 so much, he's been doing the code base (in C++) waiting for the right model to come along... so far, it hasn't. I am, in conjunction with a team, looking at whether or not we should do one... But, like the P-51, I feel that it might be saturated already...

skyblazer3
April 16th, 2011, 16:39
It is a tough call. The P-51 is a bit saturated. And the aerosoft F-16 is 4 years old.... still a great model, and the best C model we have. The IRIS D is wonderful, but I'm a single engine, single seat kind of guy.

I think all the talk of the aerosoft Falcon being too hard on frame-rates is a bit of a bugaboo now that we all have better computers.... but I would welcome a new C model taking into account all of the advances that developers have made in the last 4 years. Something that really bugs me about the Aerosoft F-16 is its lack of a working landing-light because of the collimated HUD -- that seems to have been solved by other developers in the last few years. I think you guys at Milviz could do something very special with an F-16.... it would be good practice for making an F-100 too :jump:

I have not bought your Cessna 310 -- but I hear really good things about it from my friends who fly GA -- they were floored by it. I will most certainly buy your F-15, and I look forward to being a long-term Milviz customer.

All the luck,

Chris

Naruto-kun
April 19th, 2011, 08:52
I get pretty good frames on a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz, 2GB 400Mhz DDR2 RAM, and a 1GB video card.

Just you have to have a new Core 2 duo cuz the older ones tend to start running hot and underclocking themselves. My old one got down to 1.2Ghz at which point I started getting 1.8-5 fps...On the whole though it runs as good if not better than the VRS superbug.