PDA

View Full Version : Henry Supplies

Ickie
April 15th, 2011, 04:36
This morning I bought Henry a
Acer black 17.3" laptop PC
Logitech MKz260 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse and speakers (package)
Linksys 1000 wireles router.

Item Description

<!-- Start: Choking Hazard compliances--><!-- End: Choking Hazard compliances -->The Acer black 17.3" laptop PC transforms digital entertainment into an amazing big screen experience. But if the large screen on this Aspire notebook computer isn't enough, you can go even bigger by connecting it to your widescreen HDTV via the built-in HDMI port.

Acer Aspire Glossy Black AS7741Z-4433 17.3" Widescreen Laptop PC:
Key Features and Benefits:

<DL>Intel Pentium P6200 Dual-Core Processor
2.13GHz, 3MB L3 cache
4GB DDR3 memory
4GB of memory support multimedia videos and images, video conferencing, basic gaming and all the other simple duties
320GB 5400RPM SATA hard drive
Store 213,000 photos, 91,000 songs, or 168 hours of HD videos and more
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n WLAN
Connect to a broadband modem or a wired broadband router with wired Ethernet, wirelessly connect to a Wi-Fi signal or hotspot with the 802.11b/g/n connection built right into your Acer black 17.3" laptop PC
17.3" HD Widescreen CineCrystal LED-backlit display (1600 x 900)
Intel HD Graphics with 128MB of dedicated system memory supporting DirectX 10

</DL>Additional Aspire Notebook Computer Features:

<DL>Built-in webcam
Multi-gesture Touchpad
Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader
3 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x headphone-out jack, 1 x VGA, 1 x HDMI, 1 x ethernet port (RJ-45), 1 x DC-in jack for AC adapter
6-cell lithium-ion battery

</DL>Software <DL>Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (To learn more about the features of Windows 7, click here (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=559890))
Microsoft Office Starter 2010 - includes reduced functionality versions of Microsoft Word and Excel, with advertising. Powerpoint or Outlook are NOT included. Purchase Office 2010 today and get the most out of your new Acer black 17.3" laptop PC. (To learn more about the features of Office 2010, click here (http://www.walmart.com/cp/microsoft-office-2010/1064728))
Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011 (60-day trial)

</DL>Support And Warranty: <DL>1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty with Toll-Free Tech Support

</DL>What's In The Box: <DL>6-cell lithium-ion battery
AC power adapter
AC power cord

</DL>

johnh_049
April 15th, 2011, 05:22
Looks like a good package. I'm sure Henry will enjoy it.

Ickie
April 15th, 2011, 05:42
OK it just went out by UPS, and will arrive on Tues by 5 PM Central

Ickie
April 15th, 2011, 06:42
I just mailed him a check for $200

Ickie
April 15th, 2011, 08:48
Henry's donors
Note! I spent $925, with the purchase, taxes, boxing at UPS and 3 day shipping, plus a check for $200.
we have taken in almost this much, and paypal has taken its share.
I would still like to collect another $600 to sent him $200 per month until his disability (SSI) kicks in.

Lionheart
April 15th, 2011, 16:50
Awesome, Ickie.

Great that we got him back. He is a neat guy....

Bill

gigabyte
April 16th, 2011, 03:06
Ickie,

When Henry has things set up, ask him if he is having any problems with the mouse movement and control. I have a specially designed mouse for people with mobility problems that I would be more than happy to send him. The one I have is often used for people with restricted arm/hand movement or control and is quite large so you use your whole hand rather than just fingers and thumb, the scroll is a bit different in that rather than a wheel that tilts it is a scluputred 4 way button. I picked up a couple of these when a friend had a stroke and she was unable to control a regular mouse, this thing has been a god send for her.

The only draw back if you want to call it that is the mouse is wired not wireless, but that is not a huge issue IMHO.

If you or Henry think it will be of any use let me know where to send it and it will leave right away.

Ickie
April 16th, 2011, 03:43
I will ask, but henry is right handed and nothing is wrong with his right side, he brags how stron his right are is getting.

I ordered dragon natural speaking from the dragon website to get him the latest version.
I also ordered him a cordless mic incase the mic on the new laptop isn't powerful enough. his voice is low in volume. I cannot do anything about his English ac'sent, hehehe, he talks like Peter Noone ( I'm henry the 8th I am)