PDA

View Full Version : News of Henry

jmig
April 14th, 2011, 15:28
I received a phone call from Henry today. He was responding to a couple calls I had made recently inquiring how he was doing.

Henry told me that he had a stroke and has been in the hospital for the last four plus months. Over two-thirds of his body was paralyzed and he has been going through extensive physical therapy to try and recover functions. Currently he is in a wheelchair and has no internet coverage.

He allowed me to post this to you and tell you that he is still alive and kicking....if only with one foot. He does have function on the right side of his body and can now talk again. He is waiting for a ramp to be built so he can get in and out of his house.

Dave, he needs a 100' telephone wire or wireless router and internet card. If you can call him and go by with a wire, it would help. I am in Colorado and offered to stop by next Thursday. If you can get to help him sooner, all the better. If you buy him a wireless router and card, I will repay you.

OBIO
April 14th, 2011, 15:52
Wow....and here we all thought he was still in Britain. Will say more than a few prayers for him. Thanks for letting us know, jmig.

OBIO

GT182
April 14th, 2011, 15:59
Holy crap! Tell Henry I said Hi and am thinking of him. He is one lucky SOB. Sounds like he'll recover but it will take some time.

Thoughts and prayers have gone out for him.

Curtis P40
April 14th, 2011, 16:22
Damn. Been wondering where he's been. Tell him Hi from me and to keep working on getting better. If there's anything we can do to help...just let us know.
Curt

stiz
April 14th, 2011, 16:29
:eek:

cant really say anything that hasnt been said without sounding like an echo :frown: get well soon henry!

Kiwikat
April 14th, 2011, 16:35
Wasn't expecting this...

Get better Mr. Henry! :salute::wavey:

Ickie
April 14th, 2011, 17:01
Shortly tonight we will start a donation drive to get him set up.
If someone lives in the shreport la area let me know it will be faster to transfer money and buy it locally.
I would like to send him one of them epads ck and myself have, these would be handy to have if your in his shoes.
A wireles router from wally world is about 50 bucks, it would take 3 weeks to get him setup with an epad so a wireles device for his computer I have already. I can send monday.

Willy
April 14th, 2011, 17:04
Tell H we're all pulling for him and to just let us know what he needs.

PRB
April 14th, 2011, 17:04
I have a relatively new 4 port Linksys GB wireless router I will donate.

jmig
April 14th, 2011, 17:05
SOH Members will buy him what he needs, I'll setup a donation link. Ickie says he can still get him a Apad (Android Ipad clone), with a touch screen he won't need but one hand and won't need to use a key board.

He needs a wireless router and a internet card for his laptop. However, he doesn't know where the charger for the laptop is hiding. He can't get down and crawl around to look. He told me that if he falls out of his wheelchair or bed, which he has done, he can't get back up without help.

He had an 80 foot telephone wire running from the wall to the computer. But it got tangled in the wheels of his chair and destroyed. Which is why I think he needs a wireless router.

If we can get the stuff delivered to his house, I will be passing through Shreveport next Thursday and will set it up for him.

Ickie
April 14th, 2011, 17:05
Ok maybe a better ideal, just get him a laptop with a internet card, these usually make you sign a 1 year contract? I will look into this.
This seems like a better ideal.

David_L6
April 14th, 2011, 17:31
I live close to Shreveport. I may be able to go help next week.

Ickie
April 14th, 2011, 17:34
I just spoke to henry, he does have internet somewhat, tomorrow I will send him a wireles device and wireles router he said his laptop is almost fried but it does work.
So that is something we need to think about. maybe a dell.

He is dead broke for about 3 months till his ssi will kick in. All we collect will go to him for the next few months till he is on 2 feet.

HouseHobbit
April 14th, 2011, 17:34
I Will Keep Henry in My Prayers, I am Very Sorry I have no Money.. All I can do Is Pray..
and I shall..
God Bless you Henry
You will stay in my Prayers..:engel016:

Ickie
April 14th, 2011, 17:37
Dave L6 do you have a paypal account so i can send you enough to buy a laptop from walmarts?

Ickie
April 14th, 2011, 17:44
I got a better Ideal,
tomorrow I will go to walmarts and buy a wireles laptop, wireles router, & wireles mouse, then rush it to shreport La. By The USPS. He will have it on monday.

I would like to have someone on the ground at his house monday to set it up for him if this is possible.

Panther_99FS
April 14th, 2011, 18:12
Damn...
'Enry, prayers are definitely in order for you...

robert41
April 14th, 2011, 18:14
Quite a shock to hear of this. Thoughts and prayers for Henry.

jmig
April 14th, 2011, 18:18
I got a better Ideal,
tomorrow I will go to walmarts and buy a wireles laptop, wireles router, & wireles mouse, then rush it to shreport La. By The USPS. He will have it on monday.

I would like to have someone on the ground at his house monday to set it up for him if this is possible.

The earliest I can make it is next Thursday. What about Dave (RedRiver6)? He lives in Shreveport.

Cazzie
April 14th, 2011, 18:26
Damn John,. like OBIO, I thought he was in the old country. For sure Ickie, sticky and the SOH people will see Henry gets what he needs. :applause:to hear he's in good humour too. Prayers going out for you Henry.

Caz

Ickie
April 14th, 2011, 18:37
I am heading to bed I will be up early, see you all than.

RobH
April 14th, 2011, 18:43
Get well soon Henry, We miss having you around here!

johnh_049
April 14th, 2011, 18:46
While I can't help financially, I can at least keep Henry in my prayers.
:running: and get better, Henry

CybrSlydr
April 14th, 2011, 20:41
Get well soon, Henry!

Too bad I'm not still at Polk - Shreveport's only a few hrs away.

Chacha
April 14th, 2011, 21:09
Praying for you here!
:engel016:

txnetcop
April 14th, 2011, 21:24
Wow I'm glad we found Henry I'm not too happy about the situation he's in! Prayers being said tonight Henry. Get well soon and hurry back. You have really been missed.
Ted

FOO FIGHTER
April 14th, 2011, 22:49
Missed you Henry, wondered what happened to you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery pal.:salute:

Roger
April 14th, 2011, 23:01
A bolt from out of the blue! Thoughts and prayers with you H, my old mate and look forward to seeing you on the forums when the internet issue is sorted.

Ferry_vO
April 15th, 2011, 00:15
Get well soon Henry!

wildcat
April 15th, 2011, 01:07
Get well soon Henry

TARPSBird
April 15th, 2011, 01:29
Henry, very sorry to hear about your stroke but glad you're making progress with your recovery. Post here soon and give us an update, we miss ya. :salute:

Crusader
April 15th, 2011, 01:32
Just ask about Henry a few months ago but it sounds like he is recovering well . Henry , buddy , we all are really looking forward to having you back on the forums .

Rich

Cees Donker
April 15th, 2011, 01:46
That's a shock to me! I didn't expect that! Hope he returns to the OH soon! Get well Henry!

Cees

AndyG43
April 15th, 2011, 01:48
Damn, poor Henry, that's really rough!

My thoughts are with you mate, hoping for a thorough recovery. :salute:

Ickie
April 15th, 2011, 01:57
Biggest bang For The Buck
From Walmarts:
This morning I am buying Henry :
a acer 17.3" laptop,
A Wireless Linksys router
wireless keyboard and mouse
and a Postal Money Order for $200

Below is a list of Donations

TomSteber
April 15th, 2011, 01:57
Henry is added to my prayer list. Wish I could help financially, but will pray that the mission is successful.

Ickie
April 15th, 2011, 02:00
I would like to send him $200 monthly until he get his finances straitened out.

hairyspin
April 15th, 2011, 05:27
Get well soon, Uncle H! And best wishes from your unruly friends in the CFS3 forum. :wavey:

Yossarian1943
April 15th, 2011, 05:44
Hope he will get well soon. My best wishes. Alles Gute!:wavey:

Duckie
April 15th, 2011, 06:58
Hang in there H'! Prayers and well wishes going out.

ILLIGITIMIS NON CARBARUNDUM!

Duckie

Ickie
April 15th, 2011, 07:25
I just talked to henry again and today they are building him a ramp today, he is excited, now he can go outside.
I told him of the stuff that is a coming and he said to tell you all thankyou.

aeromed202
April 15th, 2011, 09:10
Thinking about you H. And be sure to tell those bumpkins making a ramp to plan for the worst and make it big enough for a stretcher, but also make it to be big enough for two people to stroll side-by-side during recuperation, on their feet!

PRB
April 15th, 2011, 09:38
Get well soon, Henry!

grunau_baby
April 15th, 2011, 09:56
This news really shocked me deeply, I wondered about his absence for a while: get well soon Henry, keep on rockin´

Best wishes
Alex

Ickie
April 15th, 2011, 10:09
I am planning on calling him a few times a day till we get his internet and new computer up and running to help pass his day.

When I was in the hospital he called me many times a day and boy it made my day.

Desert Rat
April 15th, 2011, 10:25
Cripes, just noticed this, what a shock, I asked about H not to long ago, wondering where he was. At least your still with us old bean, was beginning to worry. All the best for a speedy recovery, thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jamie

AussieMan
April 15th, 2011, 14:45
This is indeed a shock. I had been wondering why we hadn't heard from him. I have done my little bit to help make him comfortable and help his recovery.

Also from now on I vote that Willy takes over Henry's bar tab in the Cantina.

Anyway hurry and get well my friend.

Cheers
Pat

grizzly50
April 15th, 2011, 15:01
:kilroy:I had wondered what had happened to Henry. I should have asked, but didn't. My apologies to him.

Henry, get better soon, my friend, y'hear?:d

Ickie
April 15th, 2011, 15:15
just talked to henry, they got his metal ramp in today, he has been outside and can navagate the ramp ok. He is looking forward to using it to help him walk again. He said tell you all hi.
I going to call him in the morning

SpitXIV
April 15th, 2011, 22:35
Hang in there Henry, you'll be back on your feet in no time. We're praying for you.
:medals:

Maarten -
April 15th, 2011, 23:31
Such a shock to hear about Henry's bad health.
Henry, I send you my very best thoughts and vibes. I hope that you'll be on both legs in not too long. And am looking forward to see you back on the forum again. :salute:

Best regards,
Maarten

P.S. A big thank you to SOH for being such a great bunch! :applause::applause::applause:

italflyer
April 16th, 2011, 01:46
Ickie

Still got your adress 'round here. Is it OK to send an envelope with a little contribution for Henry to you?

Hope he's getting well very soon

David_L6
April 16th, 2011, 03:02
Ickie, sorry to be slow answering. We have a shut down going on at the plant I work at and I've been working a lot. I'm going out of town this morning. Tuesday is the earliest I can get to Shreveport.

Motormouse
April 16th, 2011, 07:55
Is there a way to donate without using Pay-Pal?

Keep your chin up Henry; get well soon mate.

Thanks

Pete

Ickie
April 16th, 2011, 08:08
here is my address
Ron Larson
2424 50Th Ave N. lot 157
St. Petersburg, Fl 33714

money orders please outside USA
Checks ok in USA
Cash OK

On the funny side, one of our members from China once sent me 2-$10 dollar yen's, lol I had to use them a a Chinese restaurant.
and this year a member from Europe sent me 2- $10 Euro's, I made a deal with a friend to cash them at 50%, my bank is 500 miles away in Pensacola.

Ickie
April 16th, 2011, 08:09
David L6 henry has a friend nearby who is a computer wiz and will be assisting him setting up his new stuff.
Thanks for the offer.

Ickie
April 16th, 2011, 08:16
Time to call henry

Ickie
April 16th, 2011, 08:50
I just spoke to henry, and he said he cannot type, he forgot how to spell, so I am buying him naturally speaking V-11 the newest version

Ickie
April 16th, 2011, 09:10
I just bought naturally speaking V-11 , the newest version and it will be delivered to him on Tuesday along with all his stuff.

heywooood
April 16th, 2011, 10:01
my sister suffered a massive stroke last spring...I thought when I saw her that afternoon that we might lose her.

She went through an intensive recovery with physical and mental aspect therapy and has had a tremendous recovery.

She can walk and speak normally to the point that no one can tell she suffered a brain injury.
She recovered her driving license a few months ago.

She says fatigue after a period of time leads to some tingling on her left side...left arm, left leg - like when a limb 'falls asleep' and sometimes she has to work to find the right word in a conversation (but then so do I usually)

Other than that she has returned to work, albeit in a limited way (she was a workaholic before) but she is a real fighter and is relentless in therapy (ongoing) and she, like every other victim of stroke, thought initially that her way of life was over - it is not over...only 'adjusted'

Hang in there Henry - things will improve even when you think they have plateaued - you will be encouraged

Ickie
April 16th, 2011, 15:42
I just got off the phone with henry, he had a great day. With the new ramp installed yesterday he managed to get outside today, it was about 80 and sunny. His wife took the convertible out and him for a drive to the yacht club . He use to be the commodore there and he got to see some of his friends, they did not have a wheel chair there, but one is coming so he had to sit in the car.
I will call him in the morning and update you again after I am through.

BTW I ordered him a wireless mic for the natural speaking program I bought earlier

Seagull V
April 16th, 2011, 16:59
Hello Ickie

Pass my regards and best wishes on to Henry. I know what its like to go through some bad situations and how much support makes with the recovery and what can happen when that support is not provided, as such find a little something in the donation tray. All of you who are also helping out with telephone calls, visits, equipment, prayers, etc "Bless your Souls". :engel016::engel016::engel016::applause:

Regards, Seagull V

Ickie
April 16th, 2011, 17:06
After talking to henry over these past few days I can tell his sprit is way high, and he is coming out of that shell. He cannot wait until tuesday so he can back online and be with us again, he is excited. Thank you all for making this possible for him.:salute:

Panther_99FS
April 16th, 2011, 18:09
Good to hear Ron! :applause:

IFlySWA
April 16th, 2011, 18:27
That's great news! :naturesm:

Cees Donker
April 16th, 2011, 23:01
Ah great to read!

Cees

Odie
April 17th, 2011, 06:03
I was saddened to hear of Henry's illness but uplifted to hear that he is doing better and that once again, SOH as it always does, takes care of someone who needs. I just donated something towards Henry and wish him a very speedy recovery.

He's a good guy and lives within driving distance of one of my favorite BBQ places in my old haunting grounds!

Henry, here's hoping you get better really soon....summer is nearly there and there's lots of Louisiana goodness along with it!

On another note, this type of thing (SOH donation to those in need) is what makes this site special and a pleasure to be a member of. We may go back and forth over FSX/FS9, types of a/c, but when it boils right down to it, I think we're here to enjoy each other's virtual company! And when the chips are down, we rally what aid we can muster. Great stuff and a great virtual home!:applause: Huzzahs !!!

Cazzie
April 17th, 2011, 07:57
That is so good to hear. I am sending a little donation too. Tried to do it Thursday and my PayPal would not except our CC card that's on there. Something my wife has probably done to further secure it. :<( So I'll send via CC and hope to hear from that ol' coot 'Enry soon.

Caz

Ickie
April 17th, 2011, 08:14
I just got off the phone with henry, I wanted to do something for his wife, she has had it rough these past 5 months, and even more now that he is home. I am sending her a check for $200 and told henry it is forbidden for her to spend it on anything but herself. Henry said she needs a haircut and a shave, lol. hehehe

he is going to a multi birthday party this afternoon and is looking forward to getting outside today. It is another nice day in La. today.

we gabbed about old ww-2 military programs on tv we both just cannot get enough of them, heck I am watching one now on the military channel.

I am going to call him this evening, I will fill you all in then.

Kofschip
April 17th, 2011, 11:13
I just got off the phone with henry, I wanted to do something for his wife, she has had it rough these past 5 months, and even more now that he is home. I am sending her a check for $200 and told henry it is forbidden for her to spend it on anything but herself. Henry said she needs a haircut and a shave, lol. hehehe

Ickie, you did the right thing. I just donated too. SOH is a great bunch and I am grateful to be able to be part of it.:salute:

paiken
April 17th, 2011, 13:48
Glad to know that Henry is doing better. Can't wait to see him back here. I wish I had the resources to donate to this cause, but my own financial situation is sketchy. I know the struggle to get Social Security Disability started up, went through that with my wife. The good news is that they will give you back payments beginning the day you became disabled. Best wishes Henry.

Penzoil3
April 18th, 2011, 16:30
:ques:Where the bleep is the donations button ? Want to, if I can find it. Prayers in the meantime...
Sue

Ickie
April 19th, 2011, 05:03
just use the donation button in nav bar.

I am sorry I haven't called henry since sunday morning, but I came down with something. I was in bed all day yesterday and this morning my whole body hurts and my nose is pooring out stuff, it is down to a slow drip now.
Well today is the day, later today henry will be among us again.
I will call him later this morning.
I will fill you in later

Maarten -
April 19th, 2011, 05:56
Get well soon Ron!

Cheers,
Maarten:guinness:

Ickie
April 19th, 2011, 07:20
Henry fell yesterday and spent the day and night in the hospital he just got home this morning, he is having spasims/charlie horses in his left leg the bad one and is in a lot of pain. He said he would call me after the UPS truck arrives.
I will keep you poated.

boxcar
April 19th, 2011, 08:52
My, have just now read this. Had no idea until now. Henry, my thoughts are with you, guy. Heap big, plentiful positive vibes coming your way.

NSS
April 19th, 2011, 09:02
Gutted for Henry.

Just tell him this Norfolk boy is thinking of him.

Kev

Maarten -
April 19th, 2011, 09:07
Aw, so sorry to hear about Henry's fall. It is the very last he can or should have.

Henry, take care and keep courage. Sending my best thoughts.

Best regards,
Maarten

aeronca1
April 19th, 2011, 10:17
Henry fell yesterday and spent the day and night in the hospital he just got home this morning, he is having spasims/charlie horses in his left leg the bad one and is in a lot of pain.

So sad to hear about this. I am one person whom Henry has helped "behind the scenes". Hang in there Henry. My dad experienced similar spasms after a stroke and it was a result of "life" returning to his limbs. Hope this is a similar sign of very good things to come.

redriver6
April 19th, 2011, 19:38
geeezzz i just saw this...and i live in the same town as Henry...i'm gonna try to get by to see him tomorrow or Thursday.

HouseHobbit
April 19th, 2011, 20:19
Hang in there Henry, I am Praying my ears off for Ya..

Please know many are dearly worried for you..
I do Pray your days are better and You grow stronger each day..:applause: :applause:

Penzoil3
April 19th, 2011, 22:56
:wavey:
Found the button, did the deed. Love and Hugs Henry! Take care, get better.
Sue

grunau_baby
April 20th, 2011, 02:07
Hope this is just a small drawback in Henry´s comeback!!! Keep hanging on H!

My thoughts are with you!

Thanks for the constant care and information, Ickie!
Alex

Ickie
April 20th, 2011, 02:30
last night henry called me and he received the packages, he was too tired to unpack them but will get to them today, I hope his computer guy comes by today.

limjack
April 20th, 2011, 07:25
Life is sure a challenge at times. Henry, keep your head high and fight. Hope you will get some good looking physical therapy gals to help you get back on your feet. Love to the family and all the support that is around you.

Jim

Ickie
April 20th, 2011, 13:11
i just spoke to henry he was in bed all day he heard the knocks on the door but could not get up. Redriver be sure to go there tomorrow, he needs help getting the new computer up and running.

he said this weekend he is getting cable run into his house and needs everything working so they can hook it up for him.

he is getting a new tele number too.

i will keep you posted

sky pilot
April 20th, 2011, 20:25
:applause:
I received a phone call from Henry today. He was responding to a couple calls I had made recently inquiring how he was doing.

Henry told me that he had a stroke and has been in the hospital for the last four plus months. Over two-thirds of his body was paralyzed and he has been going through extensive physical therapy to try and recover functions. Currently he is in a wheelchair and has no internet coverage.

He allowed me to post this to you and tell you that he is still alive and kicking....if only with one foot. He does have function on the right side of his body and can now talk again. He is waiting for a ramp to be built so he can get in and out of his house.

Dave, he needs a 100' telephone wire or wireless router and internet card. If you can call him and go by with a wire, it would help. I am in Colorado and offered to stop by next Thursday. If you can get to help him sooner, all the better. If you buy him a wireless router and card, I will repay you.

Snuffy
April 21st, 2011, 04:23
Damn! Just saw this.

H, ol' Buddy, sorry to hear this. Petitions ascending for ya. :salute:

Kofschip
April 21st, 2011, 06:33
Henry, keep a cane handy and don't move around without it. I was foolish enough (and too proud) last fall to walk around without mine and I fell flat on my nose and broke it. Learned my lesson.:running::running::running:

Ickie
April 21st, 2011, 11:17
just spoke with henry, john and dave have been there today to visit his. he has the computer setup and this weekend comcast cable will be there to hook him up. he gave baby bell the boot, only the right one, lol
he is doing well

Cees Donker
April 21st, 2011, 13:21
I hope to see him on the OH soon!

:wavey:

Cees

David_L6
April 22nd, 2011, 06:03
I'm glad to hear that Henry is doing well. I look forward to seeing him here again. Thanks for the updates Ickie.

Ickie
April 23rd, 2011, 10:48
I just spoke to henry, he is waitting for the cable guy, and said if they cannot get there today than it will be monday.

he also need a pickup stick, he broke his . It is an extend-a-arm I am not sure on its name. Anyone have one they can part with? If so let me know and I will give you his address.

redriver6
April 23rd, 2011, 11:36
i this the kind of thing yer talking about??

if it is i can make sure he gets one.35806

Ickie
April 23rd, 2011, 11:41
yep, he broke his

redriver6
April 23rd, 2011, 11:48
yep, he broke his

10-4
i'll see that he gets one.

Ickie
April 25th, 2011, 12:37
I just called but got no answer.:sleep:

johnh_049
April 27th, 2011, 10:47
any more news on Henry?:wavey:

redriver6
April 27th, 2011, 17:54
any more news on Henry?:wavey:
i went by to see him yesterday...he is still waiting on his internet cable hookup..

johnh_049
April 27th, 2011, 18:29
Dang, they're slow. :kilroy:
hope they get to it soon.
here's to henry, get feeling better soon. :ernae:

AndyG43
April 28th, 2011, 00:14
We need you back Henry, the place just ain't the same without you!! :salute:

Ickie
April 30th, 2011, 14:22
Today I got a letter from henrys wife thanking us, ut told me he isn't progressing. The Dr's thought it might be a good thing for him to be home but it is too much on his wife with her job. He keeps falling and cannot get up. He is all alone in the daytime and this is bad. He cannot get a nurse to come to his house so something else needs to be done.

Henry called me today and filled me in. Next week he is going to be in a new nursing home. He is going to get me the number and I will check on internet access for him at the home.
I will get him an internet card for the new laptop and I will pay his monthly bill. I will get him online and back with us soon. :salute:

Panther_99FS
May 1st, 2011, 11:10
Damn...

OBIO
May 1st, 2011, 11:21
While being back in a nursing home may be seen as a backward step, it is in fact a good thing for Henry. He will get therapy that will aid his recovery....after strokes, the brain has to learn to use new areas of itself to do things that the damaged parts used to do and therapy will help in that relearning process. Henry will be cared for, will not face the risk of falls or being trapped in the house by himself in the event of an emergency or disaster.

Our landlord's son had a MASSIVE stroke about 6 months ago....the stroke was so severe that some of his brain tissue actually died and had to be removed and a fairly good size piece of his skull had to be removed due to brain swelling and the large amount of blood and clots that pooled in the back of his skull. After intensive therapy, he has regained all of his cognitive abilities and is walking with the use of a walker.

Being in a nursing home will be a good thing for Henry at this time.

OBIO

gigabyte
May 1st, 2011, 12:57
I know it may seem like a setback but I am with Obio on this one, the care and therapy he will receive full time in a facility could be the best move for him right now. I know the Doctors around here do their best to get stroke patients home as soon as possible and it does do them a lot of good mentally and helps a great deal with their spirits, but they sometimes push it and if there is not the proper support and therapy available in the home setting a nursing home or care facility is probably a good thing, and if it gets him mobile and more self sufficient sooner it is a very good thing!

Maarten -
May 1st, 2011, 13:01
Hello Ron,

Thank you so much for the update.

So sorry to hear. I'm sure it must be a very hard time for both Henry and his wife. Very emotional of course.
I hope that staying in this nursing home will do him good and that he will be back on the way to recovery.
I wish him and his wife the very best. My thoughts and vibes are with them.

Cheers,
Maarten

wombat666
May 1st, 2011, 23:51
I tend to go along with a 'Care Facility' as being a good temporary solution.
It must be a good one with a full recovery program, physio is an absolute must, equally, support for Henry to 're-learn' day to day living skills, which should be possible as it appears that his cognitive brain function remains operational.

For my youngest brother this is not going to occur, he will be confined to 'High Care' for the rest of his days, as his brain was too damaged for him to recover.
In his case the only way out of care is living with a couple, both of whom need to understand his problem and one of them around at all times, with the daily assistance of a qualified carer to take care of the 'heavy lifting'.

So as long as Henry is going to be undergoing transitional care then this will be a good move, but only if it is temporary.
:kilroy:

sky pilot
May 2nd, 2011, 11:15
:salute:It sounds like they are doing the right thing for now !
My wife had a stroke two years and could not even talk but now you can not tell at all !
Just get better Henry,
sky pilot:icon_lol:

Ickie
May 2nd, 2011, 12:33
just called henry, the cable guy is coming today he thinks. He fell again and the fire dept came by and put him back in his chair and had to run down the street to catch his dogs, lol.
He has to go to the hospital friday and after that, not sure which day, he will be going to the nursing home. He is getting me the info on the place like the contact number and the name and number of his social worker. I will make sure he has internet at the nursing home.
His wireles head mic arrived and it is nice, and I will get it to him this week, but first I told him I wanted him to work with natural speaking program, this wireless mic for his new computer will be his reward for trying and working. incentive sore of speaking.
keep your eyes open because he mat be here tonight and the contest is still on (where the hell is henry) for charter members. :applause:

Ickie
May 4th, 2011, 11:02
Sometime between 11 am and 2 pm tomorrow the cable guy is going to be there, finally!

Next monday henry is going to the nursing home.

Sometime in the near future they are going to move to an apartment in a complex. I will get more on this from his wife. I will call her at work. One problen is the complex will only allow 1 pet and they have 3.

Ickie
May 5th, 2011, 14:49
For the 3rd time Comcast failed to show up at Henrys house, that must be a real crappy company. He is now looking at saturday for the house and phone to be hooked up.

Ickie
May 5th, 2011, 15:47
It took 4 phone calls and 45 minutes but I got a hold of a vice president at Comcast, I told Henry's story and all the drive by's, by their installers.
I have been given a guarantee that this Saturday Henry will be hooked up. Hell or high water! The installers are to knock hard, yell and wait for 30 minutes for Henry to answer the door..... Heads will fly if they don't! They also know that them dogs don't bite hard.
They also sell the internet cards for his laptop if he needs one and I have a direct line to them in his home town of Shreveport La.

redriver6
May 5th, 2011, 16:47
It took 4 phone calls and 45 minutes but I got a hold of a vice president at Comcast, I told Henry's story and all the drive by's, by their installers.
I have been given a guarantee that this Saturday Henry will be hooked up. Hell or high water! The installers are to knock hard, yell and wait for 30 minutes for Henry to answer the door..... Heads will fly if they don't! They also know that them dogs don't bite hard.
They also sell the internet cards for his laptop if he needs one and I have a direct line to them in his home town of Shreveport La.

i'm glad you lit a fire under em....i went by to see H today and he had the dogs put up and there was a note on the door for the comcast people to come in.....but they were a no-show today again....

aeromed202
May 6th, 2011, 05:55
Is it now beyond free installation? Does Henry get a partial refund and a massage now?

sky pilot
May 6th, 2011, 09:50
If it was up to me by Now I would be getting someone fired !:applause:

ColoKent
May 6th, 2011, 21:40
...what a LOAD of BS. Sounds like the broadband people have been di&king around for the last three weeks.

This is HENRY we're talkin' about here!

Hope to heck they get him set up tomorrow. Buffoons.

Kent

P.S. It was nice to vent....Henry deserves the best-- maybe the cable guy will taxi up in a Mossie just for him!!!!

ColoKent
May 7th, 2011, 08:50
...the Comcast guy is at Henry's right now!

Kent

Little Chacha
May 7th, 2011, 09:02
Are you back on line yet? What is taking so long for the people to connect your internet? Do you have a 3G? I have a cable with Roadrunner and my iPad has 3G. My iPod can get wifi we have wifi. When we go out I bring my iPod or iPad it depends. Then I can get wifi at Starbucks or Mc Donalds or LA Fitness. I can also get wifi at our parking lot using our neighbors wifi. Maybe you can hook up faster if you try to borrow your neighbors wifi. Then when your internet get connected, you can use yours. Thank you for helping Mr. Henry to all people helping him with his stuff. If you come to Florida Mr.Henry I can wheel you to Disney or to a restaurant. Mom said maybe you are not very heavy since you are a little skinny. I can manage to wheel you around!!!! From Hannah. :wavey:

Ickie
May 7th, 2011, 11:22
what a slip shot company, it looks like I will have to call again, the installer left and the phone don't work nor does the internet, henry is going to try to plug directly into his new computer to se if that works.

We need someone to go to henrys house and hook up the router, the cable guy wont do it.

johnh_049
May 7th, 2011, 11:37
did you say that was 'comcast' or 'concast'?

Ickie
May 7th, 2011, 11:51
Comcast, here is their # 318-213-4100 call and complain,

Henry Baker
Shreveport

robert41
May 8th, 2011, 11:11
What a bunch of crap this comcast. Will not be doing business with them.
Hang in there Henry.

Ickie
May 8th, 2011, 12:37
I feel so helpless I cannot help, but tomorrow Henry will be in the nursing home and than we can get him setup. Even if I have to hire a computer tech to go there, he will be among us soon.

redriver6
May 8th, 2011, 14:10
i went by there and tried to get his router hooked up....the internet won't even work directly from the comcast modem....the computer is not the problem because its picking up about a dozen wireless networks around his house....all of em are password protected of course..

when the comcast guy left he told them that the phone line worked....it doesn't...which is probably why the internet isn't working.

Mrs. H is calling them again tomorrow.

Henry leaves for the nursing home at 9am tomorrow.

hey_moe
May 8th, 2011, 14:25
You would think that they would at least try and do a better job for a handicap customer knowing that he is having a hard time getting around.But the tech could careless if he left it like that.

Willy
May 8th, 2011, 14:36
I'm thinking I'd be finding another provider. AT&T once had the idea that they were the only game in town and I was stuck with them. I proved them wrong.

Will the nursing home let H have internet? I've seen some that wouldn't even let the patients have access to a phone.

hey_moe
May 8th, 2011, 14:46
You can get a air card to go one line anywhere. I brought one it it cost about 25.00 a month.
I'm thinking I'd be finding another provider. AT&T once had the idea that they were the only game in town and I was stuck with them. I proved them wrong.

Will the nursing home let H have internet? I've seen some that wouldn't even let the patients have access to a phone.

redriver6
May 8th, 2011, 15:08

i think he said that it won't be wireless but he should be able to plug in with a line..

they had ATT but decided to go with comcast becasue it would be a package deal for the phone, internet and cable tv and it would be cheaper....but its turning out to be somewhat frustrating for them....cable tv works fine....but no phone or internet.

Willy
May 8th, 2011, 15:37
Just worried that H will get there and not be able to get online.

wombat666
May 8th, 2011, 18:52
Just worried that H will get there and not be able to get online.

Willy, I have absolutely no idea of how a 'Nursing Home' operates in the US but (having had more experience with them than I would ever want!!!!!!!!) Internet, cable and private phone availability is standard in Oz, at least it is so in every facility built in the past 10-15 years while older centres have upgraded as well.
The personal access is paid for by the resident, but most include several PC stations for use by all.
Obviously the 'Cable Guys' are the usual Dickheads (they seem to be 'standard' all over) so I'd be plugging for 'A. N. Other' in Henry's situation and stuff the package plans.
We use a proper ISP and Opus for my brother's connections, so perhaps we could look into that for Henry.
Hopefully the Care Facility is only short term rehab, and as Henry appears to have his cognitive functions intact (unlike my brother) the future move into a cluster group of units with supported living available will enable some decent connectivity, again, I can only base these thoughts on our 'Family' experiences.
One day at a time .................. :kilroy:

Ickie
May 9th, 2011, 04:19
If you read over this thread you will see all the missed appointments, for dates.

I think an old fashioned letter writing campaign just might get them to notice the problems at Comcast. If we can get 100+ to write letters then they would sit up and notice. Someone would have to answer these letters. And also write letters to the local press, TV and newspapers.

I will find out today the phone number to the nursing home, and we will get internet happening for ole Henry.

txnetcop
May 9th, 2011, 05:31
I think you have a great idea here Ron...I totally agree with you...let's get the ball rolling!
Ted

Crusader
May 9th, 2011, 11:45
Count me in on the letter writing campaign . I complain about Time Warner being a little pricey in my area but their product and services are very good . They always give you a time window when they will be at your house and they don't leave the house until the job is done . I know compassion is not what is part of the service techs job description but I would think a man would consider helping out the less fortunate and sick just as part of his human nature . It sounds like Com Cast sucks from the CEO down to the service techs . I'm really looking forward to hearing from Henry here at SOH . One of these days if I'm ever in his area I am going to make it a point to stop and visit .

Rich ( Henry , we will split a pint and NOT tell our doctors or better halves about it:icon_lol:)

Ickie
May 10th, 2011, 10:43
I am working on getting Henry a USB internet card with redriver6 and jimg hopefully maybe he can be with us this week.

Maarten -
May 10th, 2011, 11:24
Ron, you're the best! :applause::applause::applause:

Cheers,
Maarten

Ickie
May 10th, 2011, 16:01
it took about 6 hours and many phone calls we found the answer, Virgin Moble.
JMIG (john) it taking care of this and it should be ordered tonight and sent to the nursing home. It is a plug and play USB device. Unlinited internet and no contract, just a monthly fee. Thanks John.

Ickie
May 10th, 2011, 16:25
next I will get Dave, Redriver6 to go to walmarts and buy a USB HUB lol, and a magic jack along with a wireless phone, than he will have a private line too.:jump:

Dangerousdave26
May 10th, 2011, 17:15
I didn't know anyone did a month to month on a wireless card. That should be just what he needs.

Astoroth
May 10th, 2011, 23:36
it took about 6 hours and many phone calls we found the answer, Virgin Moble.
JMIG (john) it taking care of this and it should be ordered tonight and sent to the nursing home. It is a plug and play USB device. Unlinited internet and no contract, just a monthly fee. Thanks John.

I have an Android phone through Virgin Mobile, and I have been well pleased with the quality and speed of the data. In fact, my phone's internet is faster than my home internet, so Henry ought to be well taken care of.

Roger
May 11th, 2011, 11:33
Great to hear some real progress...and thanks to the guys making this all happen:applause:

Ickie
May 12th, 2011, 01:45
tomorrow the 13th the unit will arrive at the nursing home, I am hoping RR6 can make it there. We have a little setup to do

ColoKent
May 12th, 2011, 03:28
...awesome news!

Kent

Ickie
May 13th, 2011, 10:33
Stand By For News, it has been delivered, RR6 is on the way and soon I will activate it and presto, I hope:jump:

crashaz
May 13th, 2011, 15:20
Yea!!! Hope to see 'enry on here soon!:wavey:

Little Chacha
May 14th, 2011, 05:35
If I am not here when you arrive I want to tell you well come back and a big hug!!!!!! From Hannah. :wavey:

HouseHobbit
May 14th, 2011, 10:03
Got to Love Our SOH family.. :applause: :applause:

I am Holding all of you in my Prayers today..

Henry, as always I hold you in my Prayers and thoughts..

God Bless each of you for you kindness..:engel016:

Ickie
May 15th, 2011, 10:58
Redriver6 is going there tomorrow and is going to call me so we can fix what is broken with his new connection., RR6 is also buying henry a cordless phone.

today I set henry up with a real phone in his room and it will be installed tuesday and then I can give henry with 1 on 1 instructions on running a computer again, he has seemed to have forgotten how to compute. I plan on calling him everyday with ickie schooling, lol.

Ickie
May 16th, 2011, 11:41
Henry is in the hospital, remember when he fell at home a few weeks ago, well he has been is awful pain and his new Dr had xrays done Sat, well Henry broke his hip. I am not sure when he will be back in his room at the nursing home. They usually like to get a person out of the hospital quickly so maybe this week he will be back to his room.

stiz
May 16th, 2011, 11:55
he just cant get a rest bite can he :frown:

redriver6
May 16th, 2011, 12:17
he just cant get a rest bite can he :frown:

he is having a rough go of it...thats for sure.

Ickie
May 16th, 2011, 12:56
it is like kicking a man once he is down, wow, lightning does strick in the same spot.

Tako_Kichi
May 16th, 2011, 13:30
DAMN!!! Get well soon H.

I thought I was the only one who had nothing but bad luck. :isadizzy:

AndyG43
May 16th, 2011, 15:03
Poor ol' Henry just can't catch a break (no pun intended)! Best wishes to you mate, get better soon, we need you here!!

Ickie
May 16th, 2011, 16:55
henry is having surgery in the morning

robert41
May 16th, 2011, 17:34
Wishing Henry the best.

n4gix
May 16th, 2011, 17:45
Henry and his wife will both be in my prayers for comfort and a return to health.

johnh_049
May 16th, 2011, 19:40
best wishes to Henry.
hope your recovery is quick! :salute:

Maarten -
May 17th, 2011, 02:37
Henry, my very best wishes to you. Sending my best vibes for you. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Best regards,
Maarten

crashaz
May 17th, 2011, 11:58
Let us know when you get news of 'enry!:wavey:

redriver6
May 17th, 2011, 12:18
well Henry did not have surgery today...apparently a more pressing case flew in on the helicopter...

looks like maybe next week for the surgery to fix his hip.

he also told me that it is his left hip...the side paralyzed that is broken...not his good side.

crashaz
May 17th, 2011, 12:26
Thanks for the news RR6. If you need some manpower to help you out with something just drop me a note.... just 2+ hours away near downtown Dallas.:wavey:

redriver6
May 17th, 2011, 12:27
Thanks for the news RR6. If you need some manpower to help you out with something just drop me a note.... just 2+ hours away near downtown Dallas.:wavey:

will do..thanks for the offer.:salute:

Taco
May 17th, 2011, 14:29
Our best wishes and prayers to Henry and his wife. Hang in there Henry, need to keep up the good fight, I know it hard to do it when you are down and under, but it can be done. I am a living example.

A big thanks to all of the SOH family who have jumped into fight....! Bless you all.

Jim

Kofschip
May 19th, 2011, 10:29
My best wishes and prayers for you and your wife Henry. Hang in there.

Little Chacha
May 20th, 2011, 08:04
Mom and I are praying that you get back to your feet and that you can be with us again. If you need help I can roll your wheel chair if you do not have the electric one. But I cannot change your diaper. Maybe a nurse can help me with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We do not have plan to travel to Louisiana. Mom cannot travel much at work these days......... But if we have a chance my Mom has your address. Mr. Ickie also Mr. Ron gave it to my Mom. I am off school today. Friday. We went to the doctor to check a pimple it is called a stye on my eye it is now gone the doctor just need to see it. The stye get scared of the doctor and disappeared. Do not be scared of the doctor they will fix your hip. They will just kick it with their knee and the bone will go back to where it belong you will hear a big crack on your bone but do not be scared that is how they do it when my Dads shoulder get dislocated. At first I was scared his arm went down to his feet. After that he told me what the doctor did but he wore a sling on his neck. I do not know how the doctor will put a sling on your hip but they no how to do it. I read all about you all the time if my Mom give me a chance to go to SOH. I will be off to school on June 2. I will be allowed to go online after reading a book. I have homework at school even summer time. We kids have to read plenty of books. For every book we read the county gives us money to donate to something good. We also earn rewards. My Mom will also give me rewards. I can read books online or on iTunes. She said the reward is a secret. I am excited to know what it is. Maybe we will have a trip to the Grand Canyon again.... Mom needs help to move the sofa to the other side of the living room we need to push it. We have a coaster to put in the bottom of the sofa so it will be easy to slide it to the carpet. You know we do not have boys in here. I have to go but I will be back if I have a chance. From Hannah. Bye. :wavey:

Ickie
May 20th, 2011, 08:28
henry is still in the hospital and I left a message.

Ickie
May 20th, 2011, 09:36
I just talked to henry, he is going into sugery in about 30 minutes and will be back in the nursing home in a few days.

Cees Donker
May 20th, 2011, 21:18
let's hope all goes well this time!

Cees

Ickie
May 21st, 2011, 03:13
it was reschedule for Sunday and they are going to place pins in his hip.

Rami
May 21st, 2011, 03:40
Keeping my fingers crossed and sending out prayers. Get well, Henry!

ananda
May 21st, 2011, 07:54
it was reschedule for Sunday and they are going to place pins in his hip.

Can't they get anything right?

Roger
May 21st, 2011, 08:07
What a saga...poor Henry.
Thoughts and prayers.

AndyG43
May 21st, 2011, 11:11

The next time anybody says anything bad about the NHS I'm going to tell them Henry's story!!

Here's hoping all goes well tomorrow.

n4gix
May 21st, 2011, 16:43

Apparently the hospital is owned by Comcast...:mixedsmi:

Tako_Kichi
May 21st, 2011, 18:42
Apparently the hospital is owned by Comcast...:mixedsmi:
Jeez! I hope H's surgeon didn't work as a 'cable guy' during med school! :icon_eek::isadizzy::pop4:

ColoKent
May 21st, 2011, 21:36
...to Henry-- we're thinking of you!

Kent

stiz
May 22nd, 2011, 00:28
Jeez! I hope H's surgeon didn't work as a 'cable guy' during med school! :icon_eek::isadizzy::pop4:

EK8Hw5XVvnk

:icon_lol:

wombat666
May 22nd, 2011, 05:13

Orthopaedic surgeons........aka 'Bloody Carpenters' as Sofie puts it.
:icon_eek:

redriver6
May 25th, 2011, 19:50
Henry finally got his surgery and he is back at the nursing home.

Maarten -
May 26th, 2011, 06:05
Henry,

Don't loose courage! We're all thinking of you and wishing you the very best and a speedy recovery. Take care!

Cheers,
Maarten

Crusader
May 26th, 2011, 09:13
Henry ,

I certainly can't really add what has already been stated here but you can whip this . I have first hand knowledge of that . You are sorely missed here in the SOH family !
Anyway , who's tab am I going put all my virtual brews on ? Admin has advised me you're tab has been officially closed .:icon_lol: Oh well , I can always put it on Hey_Moe's , Roger's , Panther's or a few of the other "Long time" more familiar names here at The Outhouse .

Keep your spirits up , your attitude high and kick some butt when you get to rehab .

Rich

Ickie
May 28th, 2011, 10:30
Henry's phone is installed, and I called but got the answeringmachine, lol

Crusader
May 28th, 2011, 12:26

He's probably down the hallway checking out the nurse's . :icon_lol: Good news about the phone . I hope he can get started in his rehab soon .

Rich

Terry
May 29th, 2011, 04:24

Okay, now that you have Henry straightened away, what happened to Moe?

Willy
May 29th, 2011, 18:34
Moe is real busy with real life and taking a break. He still checks in with the staff periodically.

Ickie
May 31st, 2011, 15:26
had a long talk with henry, we finally got his phone fixed and he s doing much better. later tonight he is going to try to login to us here at soh.

Dangerousdave26
May 31st, 2011, 17:15
Good news to be sure

Maarten -
June 1st, 2011, 06:07
That is very good news indeed. :applause:
Let's make it a great welcome back for Henry. :wavey:

Cheers,
Maarten

FireStorm II
June 1st, 2011, 06:47
This is the news I was waiting to hear!
You've been missed, Henry :jump:

AndyG43
June 1st, 2011, 07:32
C'mon Henry, I can't defend the Mossie all by myself!! :wavey:

Daveroo
June 1st, 2011, 09:22
been waiting,,,hope to hear from Henry soon,,,i feel for him to have to be in that rehab home ( or whatever they are called in them parts) i hope for a speedy recovery and best wishes...dave

AussieMan
June 13th, 2011, 23:20
This thread has been quiet for a couple of weeks. Any news on Our 'enry?

Cheers
Pat

mike_cyul
June 15th, 2011, 10:31
Only discovered this thread now (shows how much free time I have these days), and would just like to wish Henry all the best for a complete recoverey. Aweful thing to go through.

Mike

Maarten -
June 16th, 2011, 07:08
Hi there,

I just wanted to say that I hope that the "radio silence" means that Henry is very busy at the rehab home and on the way to recovery.

Henry, we miss you here but we know you'll be back. Maybe sooner than we all expect. Take good care. Would like to give you a pat on the shoulder but that is a bit difficult through the internet wire.

Best regards from Amsterdam,
Maarten

redriver6
June 16th, 2011, 08:58
I just wanted to say that I hope that the "radio silence" means that Henry is very busy at the rehab home and on the way to recovery.

actually you aren't far off the mark there...his surgery is healing up well and Henry can get online although he doesn't really post much he does watch the forums a good bit.:applause:

he still only has the use of one arm and one leg but hopefully he will continue to improve....he was last online June 14th..

Kofschip
June 18th, 2011, 15:48
Thanks for the update redriver.

Henry, hang in there and good luck with your rehab.:wavey:

Rich
July 10th, 2011, 01:36
OK, 3 weeks, is there any news on Henry ???

jmig
July 10th, 2011, 05:21
Ladies and Gentlemen, Henry had a major stroke. I don't know how much each of you know about strokes? I know I knew very little. Let's just say that Henry's stroke set him back perhaps years and was a major blow, physically, psychologically, and mentally.

He is struggling with incapacitation of physical and mental functions. If you throw in his subsequent broken hip and you can only imagine the depression with which he is also dealing.

The short term hasn't been good for our friend. As with anyone hit with such a hard blow, he has his up days and his down days. David (RedRiver6) and Ickie have shown true friendship and loyalty. Dave has visited him both at home and in the nursing home numerous times. He has spent time getting Henry set up with the new computer we purchased and helped Henry in other ways.. Ickie has been working behind the scenes making sure Henry has what he needs. While the short term has been brutal, I believe in the long term our friend Henry will overcome his stroke to a remarkable degree.

I sometimes travel through Shreveport, LA in my business travels. I have stopped by and checked on Henry. The last time I saw him he looked and sounded much better. I left feeling much more sanguine about Henry and his recovery than I had in past visits.

If you are a person who believes in the power of prayer, please keep praying for Henry's recovery. If you aren't a believer in prayer, please send healing thoughts toward Henry. He will recover. It is taking a lot longer than any of us thought it would. It has to be most frustrating to Henry.

Hang in there Henry, keep working toward your recovery each day. We love you and look forward to your eventual recovery and return.

wombat666
July 10th, 2011, 07:46
John,
I know only too well how devastating the effects of a stroke can be.
My youngest brother had his in March last year, aside from the paralysis to his left side, he has permanent damage to the area of the brain that processes rationalisation.
In other words, his cognitive ability is gone.
Ed will be in high care for the rest of his time.

I gather Henry came through without a great deal of cognitive damage and we can be very thankful for that.
Having a wife and being able to recover at home is a huge plus, provided his hip heals and he gets plenty of the right physiotherapy our old friend will come through in the end.

Here's one for you H.
:guinness:

redriver6
July 10th, 2011, 08:32
i agree with jmig (John) that Henry looked and i'm sure felt much better the last time i saw him a couple of weeks ago. my own family has had its medical issues lately so i haven't been by to see H as much as i usually do.

if you check Henry's profile page you will see that he logs in almost everyday. his computer is set up with SOH as the homepage and he automatically logs in whenever he gets on the internet....

so H i'll try to get by to see you soon...:guinness:

Panther_99FS
July 10th, 2011, 08:48
RR6,
Times like this make me wish I was still at Barksdale...

robert41
July 10th, 2011, 09:23
Thanks for the news John. Prayers going out to Henry.

Daveroo
July 10th, 2011, 09:55
thanks for the update....and to Henry,if you in fact look......HI good sir,,,were all thinking of you,,but YOU need to think about you and your recovery,flight simulator will come later as will other things....get well my friend...

Dave

Willy
July 10th, 2011, 13:10
P, I wish I was still living in Texarkana so I could more easily go visit him.

Mathias
July 11th, 2011, 03:32
All the best to you, Henry, and a good recovery!
This should put a smile on your face:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?55334-What-am-I-(for-fun)

Maarten -
July 12th, 2011, 09:56
Hi guys,

Thank you very much for the update.

Henry, I'm sending my best thoughts to you and hope that you are on the mend. Take all the time for it you need.

Best regards from NL,
Maarten

Henry
July 16th, 2011, 12:23
:guinness::kilroy:sadly icannothavetheeseanymore:bump:

Henry
July 16th, 2011, 12:36
alarge thankyou toallforyourthoughts andprayers
THEY WORKED
H

PRB
July 16th, 2011, 12:38
Good to "see" you Henry! We'll have a couple of :icon29::icon29: for ya! Hang in there!!

Willy
July 16th, 2011, 12:45
H! Glad to see you posting! You have no idea how much you've been missed.

Crusader
July 16th, 2011, 13:03
H! Glad to see you posting! You have no idea how much you've been missed.

Henry , I think Willy has said it all . What a pleasant surprise to see you posting here .
You've made my weekend . Hang in there and put everything you have into your rehab .

This one is for you :guinness:

Rich

JoeW
July 16th, 2011, 13:06
Henery ........... I'm really glad to see you posting again. Keep it up.
Welcome back.

Roger
July 16th, 2011, 14:22
Great to see you H!!!
Shame about the beers that you can't have any more...but I'll have one to you:ernae:

Panther_99FS
July 16th, 2011, 14:31
alarge thankyou toallforyourthoughts andprayers
THEY WORKED
H

HENRY!!!!!!:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::ju mp:

Ferry_vO
July 16th, 2011, 14:33
:applause: :ernae: :applause:

Welcome back H.!

robert41
July 16th, 2011, 14:42
Good to hear from you Henry.

David_L6
July 16th, 2011, 14:44
Very good to hear from you Henry. I hope your recovery is full and comes quickly.

GT182
July 16th, 2011, 14:53
Great to see you posting on SOH Henry. :applause: Tho I've been a little lax on being on SOH and only heard what happened a bit ago, it's great to see you back on.

Hopefully all will go well..... just don't give up the ship. Fight for it and get well. Or I'll come down there and kick a$$. LOL

BTW... where are you in Louisianna. I hve a good friend in St. Francisville, maybe I'll send him up to see you. He can give you a ride in his 67 GTO. ;)

TeaSea
July 16th, 2011, 14:55
Henry,

The voice of reason in a troubled and distant land!!

Glad to see you back, and we need you to kick us all in the a** a bit.....

:jump:

Henry
July 16th, 2011, 15:05
iamwellhealednowexceptforanewhipi felloutofmywheelchairandbrokeit:mixedsmi:
ido missyall
h

Kiwikat
July 16th, 2011, 15:06
Hope you're hangin in there H! We all miss you! :salute: :ernae:

Henry
July 16th, 2011, 15:10
mustgonow
waiting for apretty nurse toputmetobed:ernae::icon_lol:

Panther_99FS
July 16th, 2011, 15:23
mustgonow
waiting for apretty nurse toputmetobed:ernae::icon_lol:

:bump::bump::bump:

Ickie
July 16th, 2011, 15:29
send one here too

fsafranek
July 16th, 2011, 15:55
So did anyone officially report Henry being back here yet for the prize? Don't even remember what is was now, just that you needed to report it in the NewsHawks section.

If not I will do so now. Henry is back!

Welcome back Henry.

:ernae:

Off to check my paypal balance so I can send a little money again.

Maarten -
July 17th, 2011, 01:19
Yo Henry!

How wonderful to see you're back! :jump::applause:
Will keep sending best thoughts and hope your health will improve.

Take the time for it (easier said than done, I know).

Best regards,
Maarten

TARPSBird
July 17th, 2011, 02:06
Welcome back Henry! :salute:

grunau_baby
July 17th, 2011, 02:09
Great to see you posting here, H.!!! Hang in there and keep the good spirits! Wishing you a turbo-recovery!

Best wishes!
Alex

capun
July 17th, 2011, 08:34
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Just take it easy, nothing is as important as your health.

Henry
July 17th, 2011, 11:17
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Just take it easy, nothing is as important as your health.thanks:applause:
iamslowlygettingover thestroke'and ahip teplacementisslowingme dowm
H:sleep:
slow

Willy
July 17th, 2011, 12:49
Better to be slow than stopped! You'll get there.

redriver6
July 17th, 2011, 14:07
Better to be slow than stopped! You'll get there.

yep...i think ol H has made alot progress.....hang in there buddy:salute::medals::guinness:

Islander
July 17th, 2011, 15:45
Wonderful to hear from you Henry :wavey: !!

aeromed202
July 19th, 2011, 15:45
Haven't been here long but I just about fell off the chair laughing when I saw your first utterance was lamenting the loss of suds. I deal with people in all stages of disrepair, some on the mend and and some going the other way. People like you always seem to do well. You've got what it takes, just take the time you need.

Kofschip
July 20th, 2011, 14:33
Hang in there Henry. Before you know it, you will be giving us H... again.:wavey:

limjack
July 24th, 2011, 18:14
Well, tickle me elmo!!!! Good to see ya back Henry. I know healing takes time so take it easy, listen to your therapist and do your exercises. Ouch, I sound like Mom

Jim

flyer01
July 25th, 2011, 06:26
Henry,

Good to see you back.:applause::applause::applause::applause:

I have missed your timely comments on SOH.

flyer01

crashaz
July 25th, 2011, 13:40
'enry!! Good to have ya back among us buddy.... not the same without ya!

HundertzehnGustav
July 26th, 2011, 06:34
badass.
Welcome back, man...:applause:

GT182
August 1st, 2011, 16:47
Welcome back 'enry! :salute: Hang in there. Just take it easy and give it time. You'll be good as new before you know it.