PDA

View Full Version : Runway_Lights scalar settings..where do they go?

OBIO
April 13th, 2011, 21:59
A fellow SOH FSNiner sent me a PM asking me to take a look at my FS9.cfg file and locate the runway_lights scalar entries and add them to the copy of his FS9.cfg file that he sent me. I looked in all four of my config files (one for each install of FS9...named accordingly to match the install) and NONE of them had the runway_lights scalar settings.

Here are the exact entries:

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=2.0
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.8
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=2.3
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.9

Where do these go? I would like to know myself so I can improve my runway lights...it would help the accident crew clean up the mess after I crash land all over the airport.

OBIO

I only had the list of the runway_lights scalar thingies 'cause he had them listed in his PM...otherwise I would never had known these existed. See, some of you think that I know everything about flight simming.....I really am pretty clueless!

stuartcox
April 13th, 2011, 22:14
Hi Obio,

Just add the runway lights to the end of the [terrain] section in the fs9.cfg.
That should do.

Stuart

Motormouse
April 14th, 2011, 10:39
I only had the list of the runway_lights scalar thingies 'cause he had them listed in his PM...otherwise I would never had known these existed. See, some of you think that I know everything about flight simming.....I really am pretty clueless!

s'funny ; I thought I'd posted that in the tips and tricks section..

a-ha.. I did

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?50859-FS9.cfg-Tweaks&p=561609&viewfull=1#post561609

ttfn

Pete

stuartcox
April 14th, 2011, 13:20
Now this is funny...
My runway lights cfg entry is under [terrain], and now I've changed it to [display] there is no difference what so ever!
Maybe it just doesn't matter.
Solved anyway!

Motormouse
April 14th, 2011, 14:18
Now this is funny...
My runway lights cfg entry is under [terrain], and now I've changed it to [display] there is no difference what so ever!
Maybe it just doesn't matter.
Solved anyway!

IIRC from the original source waaayy back at Netwings; lines could go in either section;
but display section has a higher priority than terrain... then again this could all be bllx
and I'm having a senior moment!!

ttfn

Pete

OBIO
April 14th, 2011, 15:12
s'funny ; I thought I'd posted that in the tips and tricks section..

a-ha.. I did

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?50859-FS9.cfg-Tweaks&p=561609&viewfull=1#post561609

ttfn

Pete

Pete

You sure did post the Light thingies up in the Tweaks section, but to be honest.....every time I see one of your posts, and see your Johnny 5 avatar, all I can think of is Ally Sheedy in the bathtube scene. "Nice hardware Staphanie!"

Tim