PDA

View Full Version : Next Aircraft??

LouP
April 13th, 2011, 15:44
So my latest stint is in carrier ops (straight decks mostly) I have the Vertigo F6 and Dauntless, and the AF Corsair. So what would be the next recomendation? I have a keen eye on the Bearcat right now :kilroy: but am also interested in the Panther. Maybe a Skyraider? Anyone?

LouP

Sundog
April 13th, 2011, 16:29
Piglet's Skyraider is free so you should easily be able to cross that off of your list. ;)

heywooood
April 13th, 2011, 16:57
definitely Piglets Skyraider Navy version - there's also an Airforce Spad of equal quality by Piglet so....

I think you need to fix the tailhook entry in the .cfg to keep the plane from nose planting in the trap...in fact - I need to get that fix myself if anyone knows what the fix is

LouP
April 13th, 2011, 19:44
Well I picked up Piglet's Skyraider and the Panther but what a bad night I had. I must of made 25 attempts at the Leyte and crashed on every single one. :censored: Most of them I could say, "yea OK" because I was just out of it, but a few I can't figure out what went wrong. And yep, in the panther i had the canopy open and the wing tips dumped.

LouP :gameoff:

Rich
April 13th, 2011, 20:33
This is what I have on Piglets Skyraider works ok for me and a few other people,have'nt got a Panther so no idea

[tailhook]
tailhook_length = 6.0
tailhook_position = -25.000, 0.000, -0.500
cable_force_adjust = 6.0

[launch_assistance]
launch_bar_pivot = 4.41,0.00,-3.5
launch_bar_lug = 10.6, 0.0, -9.50

Hitchhiker
April 14th, 2011, 00:21
The Dassault Étendard IV M by Royale French Navy: http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/<cite></cite>

Phantom88
April 14th, 2011, 13:44
Dino Cattaneo's Fantastic F-14D Tomcat and T45C Goshawk.Incredible freeware aircraft that are Definitely Payware Quality!!:jump: GoodStuff!!
http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/

heywooood
April 14th, 2011, 14:14
Thank You for putting up the tailhook and launch bar fix, Rich

vora
April 14th, 2011, 14:30
Since it's about a straight deck carrier try JustFlight's F4F.

Phantom88
April 14th, 2011, 15:04
Since it's about a straight deck carrier try JustFlight's F4F.

Ooops,I missed that! "Dooh" Thx!:salute:

Rich
April 14th, 2011, 16:35
heywooood, does it work ok ??, not difficult to fix just takes a little time it entails moving

tailhook_position = -25.000, 0.000, -0.500

back closer to the tail a little at a time untill the nose over stops, this is for tail draggers only the nose leg should be enough for tricycle

Thank You for putting up the tailhook and launch bar fix, Rich

Rich

heywooood
April 14th, 2011, 17:43
Hey Rich - it stopped the nose over...but it instead caused the tail to slam down so hard that it passes through the deck flipping the plane backwards in an epic looking crash...

I have reduced fuel load to 60% main and zero external...coming aboard at 75-80kts indicated in a 3 point touchdown in the strike zone - she catches a wire, the tail lifts even with full back pressure - and then slams down and through the deck as described above.

I moved the hook attach point back and made a few other adjustments now that I have a better idea of whats what and here is what I have that works well... -30.8 (below)

[TailHook]
tailhook_length=6 ;(feet)
tailhook_position=-30.8, 0.0, -0.6 ;(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum
cable_force_adjust=1.0

I dont know why I couldn't make your setting work....I wonder if others have different settings from these

Rich
April 14th, 2011, 17:49
heywooood, have'nt used it for some time I will have to drag it out and check but now you know basically how to do it

Rich

heywooood
April 14th, 2011, 18:09
yes and thanks Rich - your posting was most helpful

Rich
April 14th, 2011, 18:31
heywooood, this is my tailhook location using a little app that allows me to see where it is,

one possibility with your tail slamming down bit is MAX REALISM, are you using it as I think its junk and will not use it, causes to many problems35154

rayhere48
April 14th, 2011, 19:47
Hitchhiker, do can you tell me were on the site I can down load the aircraft? I sure wish there was a english manual, makes it hard to figure how to use this great aircraft. Thanks for any help.

Rich
April 14th, 2011, 22:32
heywooood, forgot to mention the blue light below the prop is where the cat hookup point is, not sure about whether the Leyte is cat equipped as most of my carrier work is on HMS Victorious.

gavinc
April 15th, 2011, 00:24
Hitchhiker, do can you tell me were on the site I can down load the aircraft? I sure wish there was a english manual, makes it hard to figure how to use this great aircraft. Thanks for any help.

Click on the link titled "Avions" (french for airplanes) which should take you to this page http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/FSX_Avions.htm
then scroll down a bit and click on the highlighted text " Etendard IV M dans sa configuration". This is a link to the latest version of the Etendard.

While you are on the page scroll down a bit and grab the Fouga Zephyr. Then click on "Navires" (ships) at the top of the page and make sure you get the Clemenceau and the Charles De Gaulle to fly them off.

good luck

Gavin

expat
April 15th, 2011, 00:36
I have reduced fuel load to 60% main and zero external

Possible your total fuel load is too high. It should be no more than 15-20% across all tanks particularly when troubleshooting trapping problems, otherwise it can be compounding another issue.

Hitchhiker
April 15th, 2011, 00:49

I believe someone has provided the answer already. It's an great plane and the quality is just outstanding. The Fouga Zephyr is nice too.