PDA

View Full Version : ALPHA/Virtavia P-2V Neptune question...

Blackbird686
April 13th, 2011, 13:15
Anyone flying the P-2V Neptune by the Alpha/Virtavia bunch? Luís da Costa Pereira & Fábio Bonoldi did an excellent panel mod for that plane and getting it to work properly is quite extensive. I have been working on a seperate version of the P-2V with the custom panel and part of the installation requires a line entry in the "FS9.Config" file within the Application Data folder on the hard drive.

While being able to easily follow a path, i.e.: C:\Documents and Settings\Users\Application Data\Flight Simulator 9, in Windows XP. Win 7 has other ideas about letting me access the Application Data folder. In short, accessing the Application Data folder in Windows 7 is about as easy as nailing "Jello" to the wall.

I just wondered if anyone knows how to access the Application Data folder in Win 7, to be able to add the lines needed for the FSSound and the SOARR.dll modules.

Thanks, if anyone can help out, I will dance at your wedding in a hog trough. Well... maybe not, I might be a bit late for some.

BB686:USA-flag:

Sunny9850
April 13th, 2011, 16:36
In W7 you mave to at least temporarily turn off the user account control or UAC. There are plenty of web sites out there that explain that process in much detail.

After that it works just as in XP......only the location is of course different.

:ernae:
Stefan

Blackbird686
April 14th, 2011, 04:13
Thanks Stefan... I compleately forgot about the UAC...

Blackbird686
April 14th, 2011, 16:43
Turning off the UAC did the trick, so now I just have to figure out the landing light, which the P-2V seems to be missing altogether.

I did notice a couple of "lights" mounted on the nose gear as well as the big search light mounted on the starboard wingtip. Is anyone using the Shockwave Lights package for this plane? I am not real swift with placing lights at different locations and me thinks I just want regular landing/taxi lights.

I reckon I can just muddle around until I get the locations right. Wonder why the landing lights were left out of the model?