PDA

View Full Version : New Shipdate for Recruit Training!

blazefox2
April 13th, 2011, 05:26
My Recruiter came up to me yesterday after PT and pulled me in his office. At first I thought i was in for another scolding over my lack-luster grades. But for once, being in the crappy school system of Springfield, I graduate earlier than 75% of the rest of the country!(May 16<sup>th</sup>)

My Original shipdate to San Diego was May 24<sup>th</sup> After a whole year of being in the Delayed Entry Program. (Enlisted May 24<sup>th</sup> :wavey:)

New shipdate is THE DAY AFTER I GRADUATE!:running::running::running:
May 17<sup>th</sup> is the day I now show up on the Yellow Footprints!

So I now have just barely over a month to mentally prepare myself for the most important 13 weeks of my life.

Navy Chief
April 13th, 2011, 05:49
Congratulations!

Your life is getting ready to change forever!

NC

beana51
April 13th, 2011, 07:25
Congratulations!..Good Luck! , God Bless!,and Thanx! :salute:

Panther_99FS
April 13th, 2011, 09:30
Congrats to ya!

rayrey10
April 13th, 2011, 13:04
Congrats! Enjoy your last month and half at school, cuz like Navy Chief said life as you know it is going to change...I mean that in a positive way....Take it from a former Marine.

TARPSBird
April 13th, 2011, 13:08
Congrats! Just stay focused and give it 100%, you'll do fine! :salute:

Roadburner440
April 13th, 2011, 13:15
Good luck at boot camp. Going to have to let us know how that new Battlestations is.. Keep hearing it is like being in a movie now. Also just try to lay low, and do what you are told! You will survive best that way as their will be idiots who will draw the attention away from you. :icon_lol:

Jagdflieger
April 13th, 2011, 15:56
Congratulations! I remember my first day of basic like it was yesterday.

Keep your focus and take it one day at a time and you'll soon graduate.

Any idea what your career field will be?

blazefox2
April 14th, 2011, 04:56
Thanks everyone!

Congratulations! I remember my first day of basic like it was yesterday.

Keep your focus and take it one day at a time and you'll soon graduate.

Any idea what your career field will be?

Combat engineer!

rayrey10
April 14th, 2011, 05:06
...Combat engineer!

Blazefox - my son is a Combat Engineer in the Marine Corps. He just finished a 2 yr tour in Iwakuni and is headed to 29 Palms. He says he loves his job, especially the demolition part of it.

papab
April 14th, 2011, 13:38
Congrats--

Spent 4 years in the NAVY-Air Wing. jet mech
I joined on a delayed enlistment program as well...
NAVY was one of the best decisions I have made in my life,same age as you are

I remember that first day in Boot-arrived in Orlando ,FL got in the rack at 4 AM and they got us up at 5 AM-longest day I can remember...

Enjoy and stay safe..

Thank you for serving our Country!

Rick

Crusader
April 14th, 2011, 16:09
Ah yes . I remember the Yellow Footprints well . I stepped on to them 1 Sept 65 . I then spent my 18th birthday(2Oct) at San Diego MCRD . It will be a life changing experience as someone has stated . Just put everything you have into it and the rewards will last you a life time . The time will pass in basic very fast .

Good luck and I will be proud to call you a Marine in a few months .

Rich

CybrSlydr
April 14th, 2011, 20:44
Congrats and good luck! Basic is an interesting experience - even more so for you Marines than us Army guys. :D