PDA

View Full Version : FYI...My health

Rami
April 12th, 2011, 17:06
Good evening,

Just to let all of you know, I had to take a one-week sick leave from my job due to health issues. I need to keep my feet up for as much of that time as possible, so I will likely not be on Skype, and my presence here will be a bit limited.

For those who don't know, I had blood clots in both my legs, one in 2001 at the age of 23 (Which did extensive damage to my lower left leg and almost killed me) and the other in 2005 at the age of 27. (Which did lesser damage to my right leg) They found out after the second blood clot that the main vein which goes from my pelvis to my heart is about ninety percent blocked and has been since birth. This caused the valves in my lower legs to be "blown open," meaning that I have to take blood thinners for life, and wear compression stockings which force the blood back to my heart.

The treatment they put on the skin ulcers which opened up on my feet is an antibiotic which burns like hell, (imagine a branding iron they use for cattle, coupled with someone pouring lemon juice on the wound while holding your wound in rock salt, and you'll being to understand the pain level I'm in) so spending more than fifteen seconds on my feet is extremely uncomfortable right now, and the pressure on my foot from even driving a car makes that impossible. The ulcers will close up eventually, especially with a series of una boot treatments over the coming weeks, but it's going to be a while before my body recovers from this. Fortunately, I am not diabetic, which would severely complicate the healing process. I haven't had a flareup like this in over two years!

Fortunately, my bosses at the school where I teach are well aware of my condition, and were not bothered by my decision to step away for a week or so. I've even gotten several e-mails from my students, asking if I'm okay.

I'll try to make the best of this...maybe I'll even work on some missions since I'll be in bed anyway!

bearcat241
April 12th, 2011, 17:21
Rami, despite the pain, i hope you can enjoy the break and get better quick. :wavey:

MaskRider
April 12th, 2011, 18:06
Wow, Rami. That is a tough row to hoe! Take good care of yourself.

Lots of folks are wishing you well.

MR

Cody Coyote
April 12th, 2011, 18:16
Thank you for sharing Rami. We wish you the best and pray for a speedy (and permanent) recovery.

Ravenna
April 12th, 2011, 18:47
All the best for a quick recovery Rami. One of the good things about this hobby is that it helps you to forget a chronic medical condition.:ernae:

Discus
April 12th, 2011, 19:54
Rami

I wish you a good recovery. Take good care of yourself, and forget about everything else strictly not essential. I canīt even imagine been in your situation. I only vaguely remember waking up covered with sweat because of pain after a major lung surgery. My blankets were so wet with sweat that the nurses had to change them more than once in a night! But that is now only a bad memory. At home I remember spoiling myself with some sims like Aces of the Pacific.

Captain Kurt
April 12th, 2011, 21:12
Well, that sucks.

Good luck Rami, and get well soon.

No Dice
April 12th, 2011, 21:57
God Speed My friend!

Dave

watchdog22
April 12th, 2011, 22:03
Crikey!! I cant even begin to imagine the pain you're going through. I hope the treatment is quickly successful and that you're back on your feet again soon

Jagdflieger
April 12th, 2011, 22:15
God's speed for a successful recovery Rami.

skylane
April 12th, 2011, 23:55
Rami, I hope the treatment works well and you have a quick recovery!

gius
April 13th, 2011, 03:26
Rami, i hope you can quickly recover, my friend!!!
Best wishes,
Gius

PomBee
April 13th, 2011, 03:31
Get well soon, Rami. I hope that the treatment takes effect quickly.

Cheers,

Paul.:ernae:

Shadow Wolf 07
April 13th, 2011, 03:34
I'm sorry to hear you are ill, my friend. I wiill pray for your speedy recovery.

Greg

rhumbaflappy
April 13th, 2011, 05:29
Hi Rami.

Keep the feet up and the chin up.

Dick

mksystem
April 13th, 2011, 06:07
You will be missed! I pray you have a speedy recovery and enjoy all the "Price is Right" you can watch. God bless you and your family. :salute:

The B24 Guy
April 13th, 2011, 06:10
Take care of yourself and get well, Rami.

Regards,
B24Guy

Rami
April 13th, 2011, 06:32
Good morning,

Well, twenty-four hours have passed, and the pain has subsided quite a bit. I called over to the hospital this morning, and they told me that the extreme pain was a good sign that the antibiotic ointment was killing off the infection.

Well, that explains to a point why my pain level was so high yesterday, but telling myself "if it burns, that means it's working" only gets you so far. The pain level yesterday was excrutiating. However, when I applied the ointment this morning and then covered the wounds, the pain was much less, so I guess the treatment is having the desired effect.

I'm still staying off my feet, but at least I'm a bit more comfortable.

baldy
April 13th, 2011, 06:36
Keep taking the tablets man - I wish you all the best for the future

baldy

Ghostrider
April 13th, 2011, 09:10
Wishing you a speedy and successful recovery, my friend! :ernae:

Jean Bomber
April 13th, 2011, 11:13
Take care of yourself and I wish a good recovery :salute:

JP

Shessi
April 13th, 2011, 12:23
Best wishes Rami,

Have a speedy recovery!

Cheers

Shessi

Hurricane91
April 13th, 2011, 14:29
Rami,
Best wishes and prayers to you for a quick recovery.

Take care,
John

Pen32Win
April 13th, 2011, 14:46
Sorry to hear this Rami;

In the best way possible, it couldn't have happened to a better, nicer guy. I hope you get the rest you need and get well soon.:engel016:

kelticheart
April 13th, 2011, 14:51
Hi Rami,

best wishes for a lightning-speed recovery from this side o' the pond.

It's amazing how it's easy getting frustated and depressed due to various life problems like a divorce or loosing one's job, while health is the most and foremost important thing we all have.

When everything works fine in our bodies, we easyly forget what really counts in life!

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

hurricane3
April 13th, 2011, 15:44
Please take care and hopeing and praying for a full recovery. Can't afford to lose such a nice and knowledable guy, as I am getting back into CFS2 I need all the help I can get. Godspeed

tonybones2112
April 13th, 2011, 16:10
Rami, my best to you buddy. :salute:

Tony

highpockets
April 13th, 2011, 17:40
Rami
Thanks for sharing the specifics so we can pray specifically.
That shall happen!
Mind the nurses, doctors and your wife--be a good boy! :salute:

_486_Col_Wolf
April 13th, 2011, 18:35
Rami

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

OBIO
April 13th, 2011, 21:05
Rami

You take it easy, rest, stay off your feet. Leave the praying to us.

OBIO

Cees Donker
April 13th, 2011, 21:11
God's speed for a successful recovery Rami. Hope your pain dissapears soon!

:wavey:

Cees

Seagull V
April 14th, 2011, 00:40
Hello Rami

Hope those feet get better as quick as they can. Look after yourself !!!!!!!
Enjoy the time out and get plenty of rest-time.

Regards, Seagull V

Rami
April 14th, 2011, 04:58
Good morning,

I am extremely grateful to all of you for all of the well wishes and prayers. My wife has also read this thread, and is extremely appreciative as well.

Shadow Wolf 07
April 14th, 2011, 11:42
Doing better today? We all hope so/

Typhoon Willy
April 14th, 2011, 11:59
Hope feel better soon, Rami.

Kind regards,

TW

Blackbeemer
April 14th, 2011, 12:54
Sorry to hear you're in pain. Hope you get well soon.. BB

Oglivie
April 14th, 2011, 16:41
Keep getting better, Rami. I hope you are up & about and feeling better soon.

GM

SgtT
April 14th, 2011, 17:56
I've been out of pocket for a while. I wanted to wish you a speedy recovery! My family and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers!

T.

Robert John
April 15th, 2011, 02:00
Sending you my wishes
to say
Get well soon.

Ali Cat
April 15th, 2011, 17:02
My heart is with you.

Sincerely,
AC

erufle
April 16th, 2011, 03:43
Lo siento mucho. I understand pain. I am looking forward to my third back surgery May 31st.

CrisGer
April 17th, 2011, 00:11
Rami I am very sorry to hear about your health challenges...and I send prayers and best wishes for a speedy improvement. I well understand such issues esp re legs and sympathize and empathize deeply. Take good care and remember you must take care of yourself first....so that you can then extend farther as you love to do. So please do exactly what the docs tell you and give yourself enough healing time. keep us posted as you can.

warmly
Chris

Kofschip
April 17th, 2011, 11:27
Rami, you have my best wishes and my prayers are with you and your family.

Cees Donker
April 17th, 2011, 21:16
How are you today Rami? Any better? Hope so!

:wavey:

Cees

Rami
April 18th, 2011, 05:25
Cees and others,

I am feeling much better...tomorrow morning I'll be put in Una boots, which will be infinitely more comfortable. Then I can go back to work. However, my dad has been in the hospital since Friday with a breathing episode, so I've gone up to see him as often as my legs allow.

stuart277
April 18th, 2011, 23:35
Good evening,

Just to let all of you know, I had to take a one-week sick leave from my job due to health issues. I need to keep my feet up for as much of that time as possible, so I will likely not be on Skype, and my presence here will be a bit limited.

For those who don't know, I had blood clots in both my legs, one in 2001 at the age of 23 (Which did extensive damage to my lower left leg and almost killed me) and the other in 2005 at the age of 27. (Which did lesser damage to my right leg) They found out after the second blood clot that the main vein which goes from my pelvis to my heart is about ninety percent blocked and has been since birth. This caused the valves in my lower legs to be "blown open," meaning that I have to take blood thinners for life, and wear compression stockings which force the blood back to my heart.

The treatment they put on the skin ulcers which opened up on my feet is an antibiotic which burns like hell, (imagine a branding iron they use for cattle, coupled with someone pouring lemon juice on the wound while holding your wound in rock salt, and you'll being to understand the pain level I'm in) so spending more than fifteen seconds on my feet is extremely uncomfortable right now, and the pressure on my foot from even driving a car makes that impossible. The ulcers will close up eventually, especially with a series of una boot treatments over the coming weeks, but it's going to be a while before my body recovers from this. Fortunately, I am not diabetic, which would severely complicate the healing process. I haven't had a flareup like this in over two years!

Fortunately, my bosses at the school where I teach are well aware of my condition, and were not bothered by my decision to step away for a week or so. I've even gotten several e-mails from my students, asking if I'm okay.

I'll try to make the best of this...maybe I'll even work on some missions since I'll be in bed anyway!

I hope that you recovery from this bit of a problem as soon as possible. If you can, don't rush back to work, remember, as a teacher, you are on your hooves all day and there is no breaks. I hear that a glass of red wine each day is good for avoiding blood clots (and recovering from class).
All the best
Stuart

Shadow Wolf 07
April 19th, 2011, 05:08
I spoke with him last night and he is doing much better as is his father! He is even getting out of the house :salute:

miamieagle
April 20th, 2011, 11:42
I wish you a speedy recovery my friend!:wavey: