PDA

View Full Version : for those who ever thought this forum was stuffy...star trek online report.

pilottj
April 12th, 2011, 16:45
trust me...this forum is just fine LOL
I was posting at the star trek online forum, and I made some a subtle joke about that planet that begins with a U between Saturn and Neptune and I got an earful from their mods. I know they are under the PG gun there but wow, they must have the CBS lawyeres breathing down their neck or somthing. The funny irony is in the game you are actually encouraged to 'melee'...use batleths and other big alien sword weapons to hack aliens and other humans to death with, but don't make any subtle off color planet humor there! :rolleyes:

That and naming my ship the USS Suppository didn't help either...well it was kind of shaped like one.

I guess if I put 'Uranus' in the 'From' section on the profile I probably would be banned there. Quite funny for a game that deals with space travel.

For those who were thinking of trying out Star Trek Online, I tried it out for 2 months, it is ok, it is kind of like a star trek theme park put into an MMO. There is certianly a lot of room for improvement. Looking foward to Star Trek Excalibur even more now.

Cheers
TJ