April 12th, 2011, 14:58
http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Dynamic

Wing_Z
April 12th, 2011, 17:25
SimMarket is not yet active, however...

Lionheart
April 12th, 2011, 17:58
Hey all,

SimMarket was already contacted. Their time frame is opposite ours in America. It will be active first thing in the morning.

Bill

racartron
April 12th, 2011, 19:15
Every thing I need to know about the beauty is on the site EXCEPT the $$$. Please let me know so I can begin the process of scrounging up the necessary funds to add her to my collection of Lionheart stuff as soon as the proper sites are active..

I'm on fs2004 and have every thing y'all have put out -- both payware and freeware. This one will be mine soon.:wiggle:

Edit: Never mind. I found the answer on the bottom site in the list (Payloadz.com). While not familiar with them, I trust the fact you deal with them so I'm off to add to my mounting fiscal debt.

Felixthreeone
April 12th, 2011, 19:28
$24.95 usd....worth every penny. I picked it up for FSX and it is spectacular...I would assume the FS9 one is even better! Very nice job Bill!!

Lionheart
April 12th, 2011, 22:13
Every thing I need to know about the beauty is on the site EXCEPT the $$$. Please let me know so I can begin the process of scrounging up the necessary funds to add her to my collection of Lionheart stuff as soon as the proper sites are active..

Goodness.....! I forgot to put that in at the website.. (smacks self on forehead)...

$24.95 USD and or 17.29 Euros...

I'll fix that on my website now.

Sorry

Bill

Felixthreeone
April 13th, 2011, 04:37
IMHO, the price is horrible for this plane. Horribly low. It should be $34.95, not $24.95. Kinda angers me that other products I have purchased recently costing almost twice as much don't deliver half of the quality this aircraft addon does. My hat is off to you Bill...not only for making a great rendition of a VERY badass little plane, but for making it for FS9 as well as FSX. If the FS9 crowd don't jump all over this plane and buy buy buy, I will be STUNNED. It is really nice, and affordable. Ok, I'm done.

racartron
April 13th, 2011, 05:53
IMHO, the price is horrible for this plane. Horribly low. It should be $34.95, not $24.95. Kinda angers me that other products I have purchased recently costing almost twice as much don't deliver half of the quality this aircraft addon does. My hat is off to you Bill...not only for making a great rendition of a VERY badass little plane, but for making it for FS9 as well as FSX. If the FS9 crowd don't jump all over this plane and buy buy buy, I will be STUNNED. It is really nice, and affordable. Ok, I'm done.

As Billy Quinn said in the movie "Chicago"; "I'm glad you got that out of the way." :icon_lol:

Been flying it most of the early hours and it is truly awesome. It does make my PC set up and take notice, but not enough to require any reduction in settings(I run everything at full bore).

As I said earlier in this thread, I have everyone of Bill's prodigious planes and love 'em all. Kudos to the Master:monkies:

Lionheart
April 13th, 2011, 07:26
Thanks guys. Glad you are enjoying it.

Felixthreeone

The world economy, especially in America, isnt doing that well. Keeping it affordable makes it available to most all.

Remember, this has the new FS9 'Unlimited Export' technology. Where once we only had a limit of 65,000 Polygons for the ENTIRE plane (interior and exterior models combined), now we can have as much as we need and want. This one is at just over 1/2 Million, setting at 564,000 Polygons. And super precise, small controls and knobs, perfectly shaped with no crumpling from auto-weld....

:d

Below, on those screenshots, note the tons of details, from the high mesh (crazy) headphones, to the engine (which hides when the cowling is back in place to reduce computer rendering), and the panel with full 3D bits, including screw heads, just like FSX has....

Milton Shupe
April 13th, 2011, 09:56
Stunning! :applause:

MIKE JG
April 13th, 2011, 10:36
Is that Bono sitting in the pilot's seat???

BTW, beautiful model. :jump:

Wing_Z
April 13th, 2011, 12:40
...note the tons of details...
I am, I am...and have yet to fly it, so much am I enjoying all those hi-res bits!

William, you are a scholar and a gentleman for doing this in FS9

phantomx1
April 13th, 2011, 14:17
Very nice looking composite.

graemeb
April 13th, 2011, 14:30
Bill,
Thank you very much for continuing to support FS9, and this new super-poly method is amazing!
Since you don't seem to have a support forum as such, I wanted to raise once minor issue, which is the sound of the engine while idling. It could be my poor ears, but I seeem to hear a regular tick/click noise, and I am not sure if that is a realistic part of the sound or an artefact in the WAV file that needs correcting. Has anyone else noted this?

Cheers,

Wing_Z
April 13th, 2011, 17:44
but the wind loop sound when you slide open the little window sounds like my old coffee grinder, no matter the aircraft speed! I am searching as we speak...
Also - no biggie, I am just interested - what causes the large flap gap in the shadow?

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/Flightsim%202/DynamicFlap.jpg

I'd love to own a real one of these, the model is a wonderful advertisement.

Tom Clayton
April 13th, 2011, 18:23
what causes the large flap gap in the shadow?
I'm guessing it's just the angle of the sun through the gap. Try setting the time to Noon to put the sun more directly overhead and see if the gap doesn't close up. If not, there might be an issue with the shadow model.

I haven't played with this one yet, but I did get to play with a very early beta (late alpha?), and it was a pure joy back then!

Lionheart
April 13th, 2011, 18:54
I think Tom is right. The Shadow model is the same as the actual model, and there is a good amount of gap in the flaps. The angle of the sun must be making it look radically off.

On the sound file having a tick. Oddly, I think some graphics cards (sound cards?) play sounds differently then others. Mine for instance has no tick in it.

Also, the wind noise from the mini vent windows is like air, like at 120 MPH in the car, not a coffee grinder. Also, the wind noise is one sound, not with the ability to climb or descend in sound rate or pitch, just an effect sound that was linked to the animation. (If you are shut down, cold and dark, and open that little window, 120 MPH wind sound! heh heh). I may be able to code that to deactivate at a certain speed (like 1 KPH).

So.... No one has detached the wings and done high speed driving in it yet around the airports? Man....! That is the funnest part.

Wing_Z
April 14th, 2011, 00:33
...so of course I cut 'n paste stuff on it, just to see.
Looks like a pretty competent model, to me

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/Flightsim%202/DynamicRealvSim2.jpg

Wing_Z
April 14th, 2011, 00:59
So.... No one has detached the wings and done high speed driving in it yet around the airports?

No...and with good reason!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/Flightsim%202/DynamicNW.jpg

Wing_Z
April 14th, 2011, 01:15
Something strange...the manual is not available in the RG model?

Wing_Z
April 14th, 2011, 01:39
Just in case it sounds like I am nit-picking, I don't mean to.
I've been playing with this all evening, and it's brilliant.
Took it over to one of my all-time favourite GA sceneries, Jesenecko in the Czech Republic...

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/Flightsim%202/Dynamic3.jpg

The attention to detail is a given, but every now and then you get a little kick:
the way the instruments light up in spot view when you've switched them on in the VC, the fineness of that ventral antenna, the list is a long one.
This is really great

Lionheart
April 15th, 2011, 10:03
Awesome scenery Wing_Z. I must find that.

I forgot about the wings hiding in the FS2004 model... arrgh... Shadow model will need a tweak.

Bill
LHC

Wing_Z
April 15th, 2011, 12:41
What I especially enjoy about the plane, is that you can take it to the best sceneries you can find, and it can hold its own...
it's a genuine modelling breakthrough.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/Flightsim%202/Dynamic4.jpg

Lionheart
April 15th, 2011, 16:43
This tells you... God heard my prayers about this 'unlimited export' technology. Everyone was telling me it was impossible. A way had been rumoured to have been found with the FSDS design engine, but not Gmax.. When I tried it with Gmax, it didnt work and we found that Gmax has different X files, different phrases in the code from what FSDS uses.

After searching and PropTrash's amazing discoveries, we got it working. Found more bugs, but figured out how to bypass those too...

Figure the limit for interior and exterior planes combined was 65,000 polygons, and this thing is at 564,000 Polys. Over half a Million......! And it flies nicely. :d

Bill

Lionheart
April 15th, 2011, 16:44
Hey all,

Build 1.01 is released, fixing a few of the tidbits that we have found.

Fixes include;
* Missing AP switches and bits in the RG 2D panel
* FG now starts properly
* RG now has the manual properly appearing
* Landing lights now fixed on FSX models

Bugs that still exist;
* High engine temps
* Pink triangle on top of the HS34 when at zero speed in the popup
* Need to fly toooo long late at night, causing extreme drousiness the next day at work.. (Cant seem to fix that... )

If you dont want to reload the entire model for the landing lights, then you can update with this simple manual install kit;

http://lionheartworld.net/dyn/Dynamic_Updates_Kit.zip

This little kit includes the 'aircraft.cfg's' and the RG panel folders only, for both FS9 and FSX planes. This will not repair the landing lights.

EDIT: Germany was contacted concerning the update, but I believe they are fast asleep, so figure it will be active for reload in the morning.

Enjoy and happy flying,

Bill
LHC

Lionheart
April 15th, 2011, 17:44
We have just fixed the overheating problem with the FG version plane and I am running the compilers. The process takes a couple of hours, so if you all hang tight, when you reload the package, it will have that fixed as well.

Bill

Wing_Z
April 15th, 2011, 17:45
On my system, you would not know you were carting along an extra half million polys...
I'll just keep on with my Czech outing, most of which can be found at
http://www.flightsim.cz/fsitem.php?act=show&menu=1&gr=7&lan=0&sor=3&od=48

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/Flightsim%202/Dynamic5.jpg

Exactly what this little bird is best for.
It also somehow adds to the experience to have a seatcover - oops I mean nice lady companion - along for the trip.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/Flightsim%202/Dynamic9.jpg

Lionheart
April 15th, 2011, 21:32
Whats really unique about the Dynamic, the modern versions, is the FlyBox computer controlled prop pitch and engine RPM. You just turn a knob to adjust the RPM. Go to full throttle, on takeoff, and after you are airborn and nicely climbing out, you adjust down the RPM to say 5200 RPM, (cruise RPM) and the prop pitch changes to that requirement and the plane will actually accellerate slightly to the cruise speed, which at 5200 RPM is 136 Knots in the RG, and 120 Knots in the FG.

Neat planes..

There are quite a few videos on these in YouTube, by the way.

Bill
LHC

Wing_Z
April 15th, 2011, 22:10
Having the manual available in the VC is more of a plus than you'd think...it becomes a fully interactive tutorial!
Haven't figured out how to lock a GPS track yet though.

The landing light is pretty good too: while it doesn't actually light up scenery (fs doesn't do this) the 3D cone washes out the centre, and so gives that effect. Nice.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/Flightsim%202/Dynamic10.jpg

It's also a workhorse, it turns out

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/Flightsim%202/Dynamic11.jpg

Lionheart
April 16th, 2011, 08:42
Wing_Z,

How did you do that glider tow???

mgr
April 16th, 2011, 08:50
Hiya,

Hope i am not the only one but i have major framerate issues with this plane. Not so much a drop but little freezes and constant frame-rate drops. If i select another plane the problem is over, so fear it's related to this plane.

They happen both in spot-view as in VC-view.

Have a good system, also have no problems with the framerate (locked at 30) with for example the following planes:
- Lionheart's, Stearman D75N1
- A2A/Shockwave Spitfire

Systems specs:
Intel Core Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00 Ghz, 2GB RAM
NvidiA GeForce 8800 GTX, 768 MB

Also installed the performance pack, DXT3 textures, made no difference. :kilroy:

Any advise?

Marcel

racartron
April 16th, 2011, 09:14
Okay, I confess. I'm having a senior moment here. Where the devil is the VSI adjustment thingie? I get air sick when doing 4,000fpm in a small prop plane.:isadizzy:

racartron
April 16th, 2011, 09:23
Hiya,

Hope i am not the only one but i have major framerate issues with this plane. Not so much a drop but little freezes and constant frame-rate drops. If i select another plane the problem is over, so fear it's related to this plane.

Have a good system, also have no problems with the framerate (locked at 30) with for example the following planes:
- A2A/Shockwave Spitfire

Systems specs:

Also installed the performance pack, DXT3 textures, made no difference. :kilroy:

Any advise?

Marcel

Remember this sucker is carrying around over 1/2 million polys. She is gonna hit ya to some degree.

I have a little bigger box also set at 30fps and she will smack it down to the 15-16fps range with a few occasional stutters. However, I can still land it from the VC without any issues. I also have every "cottin-picking" slide slammed to the right. I imagine I could improve the fps a bit but not worth the visual sacrifice -- IMHO.

BTW, I'm still using the "Big" livery bmps.

Lionheart
April 16th, 2011, 09:34
Hiya,

- A2A/Shockwave Spitfire

Systems specs:

Any advise?

Marcel

Hello Marcel,

Did you install the Textures Performance Pack? That takes all the 32bit textures out of the texture folders. That is the main thing I can see that will stumble some computers.

The TPP's for FS2004 are here;
http://lionheartworld.net/dyn/Dynamic_Performance_Pack_textures.zip

Bill

mgr
April 16th, 2011, 10:08
Hello Bill,

Hello Marcel,
Did you install the Textures Performance Pack? That takes all the 32bit textures out of the texture folders. That is the main thing I can see that will stumble some computers.
The TPP's for FS2004 are here;
http://lionheartworld.net/dyn/Dynamic_Performance_Pack_textures.zip
Bill

Yes i did, did not seems to make any difference sadly.

How must the framerate be compared to your Stearman D75N1? The mdl-file is about the same size (22 Mb). Have no issues with the Stearman even with 32 bits textures.

Big difference between the 2 (Stearman and Dynamic) framerate wise.

Marcel

Lionheart
April 16th, 2011, 10:21
Hey Marcel,

I didnt do the Stearman. That was Dougs jewel. What an incredible creation he made.

Mine could be all the instrumentation. I have functioning instruments in the 'exterior' plane. That could be doing it. I have a TON of textures in this thing. It is nothing but a gigantic package...... Half a million Polys and some 32bit textures to boot...

If I can think of a way to make it faster though, I will let you know Marcel. It runs brilliantly on my ole Apple iMac, 2008 version, single core processor, 3 gigs of Ram, 42" LCD HD monitor.

Lionheart
April 16th, 2011, 10:22
Painkit is up.

Download here; http://lionheartworld.net/dyn/Dynamic_Exterior_Paintkit.zip

* Fuselage
* Left Wing
* Right Wing
* Center Section

In this, you can hide/unhide the 3 various prop paint schemes; nice wood color, carbon fiber, and white composite.

Bill

Wing_Z
April 16th, 2011, 15:30
FWIW I haven't noticed a performance hit - which is to say, I haven't been driven to monitor the fps because the thing drags the sim down.

Interesting to see in the video clips, they taxi with the lid open.
A combination of stout canopy hinges and a lot of heat inside the fishbowl I suppose!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/Flightsim%202/Dynamic12.jpg

Lionheart
April 16th, 2011, 18:36
Yes, they do that often I guess, taxiing with the top up like an F-16. Safe if there are no bumps which might explode or bend a nitrogen cylinder.

Fun to do that when taxiing around in the sim.

Tom Clayton
April 17th, 2011, 06:04
I finally had a chance to take this one up, and she's a sweet little plane! Just one question though - who was the model for the female pilot!? :salute:

Wing_Z
April 17th, 2011, 14:53
When avionics are on, you see them light up in spot view too.
When they are off, they are off.
All adds to the experience...

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/Flightsim%202/Dynamic13.jpg

EDIT: Oops I've already mentioned that in this thread...well it just strikes you again!
A small bug: the FG nosegear dives underground under braking.

What's this you ask?

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/Flightsim%202/DynProp.jpg

Well it's what you see when you walk right up to that lovely wooden prop!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/Flightsim%202/DynProp1.jpg

And this is FS9!
Wonderful to see what is possible.
Oh and this is the DXT3 texture set which I'll stick with, textures load faster.

Wing_Z
April 17th, 2011, 22:07
Wing_Z,
How did you do that glider tow???
A little Recorder Module vnciLHOR7nc
and a little sleight of hand on the towrope in the screenshot!

Lionheart
April 18th, 2011, 02:02
That is pretty cool. I remember making a glider for the Bucker Bestmann, a towing package. I key would bring up the glider, and it was animated to swing about slowly. The problem was when you were taking off, sometimes the glider went into the ground momentarily. Too bad FS9 didnt get a glider tow setup like FSX did.

That recorder module looks pretty cool.

Bill

Txmmy83
April 24th, 2011, 04:59
Hello Bill,

Yes i did, did not seems to make any difference sadly.

How must the framerate be compared to your Stearman D75N1? The mdl-file is about the same size (22 Mb). Have no issues with the Stearman even with 32 bits textures.

Big difference between the 2 (Stearman and Dynamic) framerate wise.

Marcel

that should help more :)
what you can try is to reduce pixel size of VC textures

in each of the Vcockpit entries
pixel_size=1024,1024 -> to pixel_size=512,512

Best Regards
Thomas