PDA

View Full Version : Lionheart Dynamic released

euroastar350
April 12th, 2011, 14:58
http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Dynamic

warchild
April 12th, 2011, 15:00
Congrats Sensei :) :) :) ... been watching her and shes a beautiful bird..
Pam

flaviossa
April 12th, 2011, 15:02
Nice! Thanks for the HU!

peter12213
April 12th, 2011, 15:14
Looks great guys!

Felixthreeone
April 12th, 2011, 15:14
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Cag40Navy
April 12th, 2011, 15:21
Thank you Bill!

CodyValkyrie
April 12th, 2011, 15:44
Bill, another successful contribution to the great inventory of planes you already have. I wish you the best success! Cheers mate!

OleBoy
April 12th, 2011, 16:17
Seeing this posted in the FSX area is a surprise!! I (mistakenly?) thought Bill was modeling this for FS9 only. After reading his previous postings, I was under the impression there was troubles getting it into FSX. Nonetheless, Bill must have overcome this hurdle.

This is most excellent news :ernae:

doublecool
April 12th, 2011, 16:31
Looks Sweet Lionheart :jump: All the best :applause:

Roger
April 12th, 2011, 16:33
Lovely job Bill:applause:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/adyn-4.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/adyn-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/adyn-2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/adyn-3.jpg

euroastar350
April 12th, 2011, 16:33
Bill managed to get it FSX native:ernae:

Lionheart
April 12th, 2011, 16:46
Thanks gang for the kind words.

Seeing this posted in the FSX area is a surprise!! I (mistakenly?) thought Bill was modeling this for FS9 only. After reading his previous postings, I was under the impression there was troubles getting it into FSX. Nonetheless, Bill must have overcome this hurdle.

This is most excellent news :ernae:

Yep.. I had to leave all the pilots out but one, and get rid of the nap sack in the back. I export a version with a male pilot, and then a version with the lady pilot. Gets me past the limitation. Seems to crash the FSX Compiler, something to do with Memory. (not mine... ) ;) The original plan which the FS9 version uses, is activatable pilots in loadouts; male, female, couple, and unladen. The FS9 version handles it pretty well.

The manual is located in the left side pocket in the cockpit, approximately 40 pages total, lots of screenshots. So now, you can read it 'in the plane' and the blink of an eye... er click of the mouski...

Chacha
April 12th, 2011, 17:13
Great job!
Congratulations LHC and Team!

:ernae:

skyhawka4m
April 12th, 2011, 18:44
Roger what airport you flying out of?

I'm downloading this beauty as I type!! I have a feeling the next few weeks will be nringing us some great stuff and this is the first of those things! Thank you Bill!:salute:

SirBenn21
April 12th, 2011, 19:08
I can't see a price?

Ben

Felixthreeone
April 12th, 2011, 19:26
WOW this thing was totally worth the wait!!!!! SOOOOOO much fun to fly....it is like a baby Lancair...or a mini SR22...love it!!!

Vitus
April 12th, 2011, 19:30
Hey Bill,

congrats to this release! She is a real beauty! :applause:

skyhawka4m
April 12th, 2011, 19:37
WOW this thing was totally worth the wait!!!!! SOOOOOO much fun to fly....it is like a baby Lancair...or a mini SR22...love it!!!

Yep...I agree totally. only issue is I can't get the canopy to stay open.

Vitus
April 12th, 2011, 20:06
....are you parking at a refuel spot by any chance?

Felixthreeone
April 12th, 2011, 20:56
I believe shift+4 is the visual editor panel....there is a selection for the canopy...i used that to open the canopy and it stayed open...

skyhawka4m
April 12th, 2011, 21:41
ya...I tried it and no joy...it opens and then slams shut......hmmm

falcon409
April 12th, 2011, 21:49
ya...I tried it and no joy...it opens and then slams shut......hmmm
Was that a reply to felix or Vitus? The immediately slamming shut sounds like the problem displayed when you are parked at a fuel pump.

Gdavis101
April 12th, 2011, 21:53
Nice looking bird!!

Lionheart
April 12th, 2011, 22:10
Thanks guys for the kind words.

I have no idea what could be causing your door to close. None of us had that in testing.

Try booting up at a different airport. Also, alot of people make the mistake of doing a cold/dark save over another plane that had a bunch of switches and valves that other planes dont. That always gets them into trouble and they cant start, etc. Try a default flight, default airport, on the tarmac and see if the door opens there.

Bill

Roger
April 12th, 2011, 22:45
Roger what airport you flying out of?

I'm downloading this beauty as I type!! I have a feeling the next few weeks will be nringing us some great stuff and this is the first of those things! Thank you Bill!:salute:

It's Darrington, one of Bill Womack's strips for PNW.

jpmouse
April 13th, 2011, 03:29
She looks great, loads fine. A Real beauty!

No manual when I click on the brown manual in the VC. Don't know where it is located, and Shift-9 is not assigned. Search of my hard drives don't show the manual anywhere. I can figure out how to fly it, but the manual would help. Tried re-installing. (Running a Windows 7 Proffesional 64Bit with FSX in the F:Program Files (X86).) Is the manual only for the FS9 version?

"The manual is located in the left side pocket in the cockpit, approximately 40 pages total, lots of screenshots. So now, you can read it 'in the plane' and the blink of an eye... er click of the mouski...[/QUOTE]"

skyhawka4m
April 13th, 2011, 05:38
Was that a reply to felix or Vitus? The immediately slamming shut sounds like the problem displayed when you are parked at a fuel pump.

I believe thats what it was...I parked near a pump. I tried just now at another spot and its fine.

Thank you!

Lionheart
April 13th, 2011, 07:15
No manual when I click on the brown manual in the VC. Don't know where it is located

JP.... And I placed it right there beside you....

Look to the left, there is a pocket in the cockpit, and in it is a brown thing that looks like a small wide book. Click on that. Click one time, and wait about 3 long seconds, and the manual will popup. I'll take a screenshot.

Bill

spotlope
April 13th, 2011, 07:28
It's Darrington, one of Bill Womack's strips for PNW.

I'd love to take the credit, but Darrington's not mine. Twin Oaks is my only ORBX work, at least until Cushman is released soon. I believe Darrington was done by Heiko Glatthorn and Andreas Hegi.

Francois
April 13th, 2011, 07:40
Looking very sporty Bill. Added it to our news ;-)

Felixthreeone
April 13th, 2011, 11:03
Only found two things that could use a tweak...the seating position is set too far back, and I cant seem to get a landing light to show up...

Roger
April 13th, 2011, 12:11
I'd love to take the credit, but Darrington's not mine. Twin Oaks is my only ORBX work, at least until Cushman is released soon. I believe Darrington was done by Heiko Glatthorn and Andreas Hegi.

Sorry Bill,
I was sure it was yours...anyway it's a great field:engel016:

jpmouse
April 13th, 2011, 14:59
Gonna try it again. I found that it popped up OK in the FG model but not the RG. Also when I loaded the FG it would not start. It may be that I have to exit the simulator to switch aircraft. I will experiment again.

I love the quality of your aircraft, Bill. Magnificent!
JP.... And I placed it right there beside you....

Look to the left, there is a pocket in the cockpit, and in it is a brown thing that looks like a small wide book. Click on that. Click one time, and wait about 3 long seconds, and the manual will popup. I'll take a screenshot.

Bill

Lionheart
April 13th, 2011, 18:46
Hey JP,

Roger that and thanks.

Someone else reported an inability to start up the FG after shutting it down. Mine works great. I cant seem to duplicate what they are experiencing. This is the second report now. It would be interesting to know what this is.

Lionheart
April 13th, 2011, 18:48
Looking very sporty Bill. Added it to our news ;-)

Many thanks Francois!

I have been so busy that I didnt have a chance to send out press releases yet..

Bill

adambar
April 13th, 2011, 19:44
I want to say what a great job LHC did on the Dynamic,i'm really enjoying the heck out of her.:jump:

I just have one question,is there a way to make the view from the cockpit clear,something like Carenado did recently,so i or anyone else can get a clear view of the great ORBX PNW scenery.:)

Never mind Bill,i found the button for clear glass.:rolleyes:

Thank you Bill,and keep up the good work.:)

Adam

Lionheart
April 13th, 2011, 22:31
Hey Adam,

Yep, the hidden button, lower left of the instrument panel.

Bill

jpmouse
April 14th, 2011, 02:33
Hey JP,

Roger that and thanks.

Someone else reported an inability to start up the FG after shutting it down. Mine works great. I cant seem to duplicate what they are experiencing. This is the second report now. It would be interesting to know what this is.

OK. Tried several scenarios and situations and here is the result for my machine.

First the simple one. No manual in the RG model. Manual OK in FG

Second, and more problematic, The FG will not start. Tried closed throttle, 10% & 20%, One and both magnetos, Fuel selected to left and right ("All" is not available), Pump on, pump off.

I could load the RG, start it, switch to FG and it was running. Shut down the FG and she will not start. (BTW, the Green FG is my favorite one <G>). Thats what I've got, Bill. Also the aircraft were always loaded from a default FSX situation at a "Virgin" airport, i.e. no addons

Let me know what I can do to help find the solution. My info is below

JP :running::salute:

Rodger Butler
jpmouse@ix.netcom.com
360-527-2651 (I'm on PST)

bpieke
April 14th, 2011, 15:24
One more thing to tweak..

In the Fixed Gear model, the nose wheel burrows into the runway
when braking, and the plane subsequently bounces when releasing the brakes.

The RG model is quite OK.

glennc
April 14th, 2011, 16:53
I haven't tried tonight, yet, but I couldn't get the FG to start last night using the usual VC piston procedure or external start or the dreaded Ctrl-E. The RG is one sweet airplane.

Glenn

bpieke
April 14th, 2011, 21:11
Only found two things that could use a tweak...the seating position is set too far back, and I cant seem to get a landing light to show up...

A better seating position is:

eyepoint= -1.16, -0.85, 1.9

bpieke
April 14th, 2011, 21:13
First the simple one. No manual in the RG model. Manual OK in FG

<g>

Fix: Copy Window08 to 11 from the FG model to the RG model

</g>

bpieke
April 14th, 2011, 21:15
Has anyone figured out where the autopilot readout is, other than in the popup?

What about this:

[Vcockpit01]
gauge06=LHC_WT9!LHC_AP, 18,6,400,36

or better

gauge06=LHC_WT9!LHC_AP, 190,515,400,34

teeboy
April 15th, 2011, 02:12
+1 can't start the FG model here. Loading it from any other addon that is already running and it runs fine except for the following -

I have a problem with the CHT on the FG. After start it climbs rapidly into the green then the red. Cowl flaps has no effect. It will stay there for the duration of the flight. The digi readout for under cowling temp reads 20 on ground and drops as you climb (what I would expect). Interestingly the RG does not exhibit this behaviour and seems to run a lot 'cooler'. I have switched between the two while airborne and the FG overheats while the RG will cool down! Both use the same gauge according to the panel file.

No landing lights here either - I edited the cfg file to add the effect to the two lights below the prop but there is no beam on the ground - no light attached to the model? I doubt a lot of these are flown in the dark, but it would be nice..

Last point - at dusk the transponder switches to its dark texture and the readout window goes black. It seems to change much earlier than the other instruments so it stands out (or rather, doesn't). Is there a switch for the internal panel lighting or is automatic?

Other than that, lovely - looks very wierd and flat though, was it still soft when it came out of the mould :icon_lol:

bpieke
April 15th, 2011, 10:07
Has anyone found out what the knurled knob on the left window sill does?

Lionheart
April 15th, 2011, 16:33
Has anyone found out what the knurled knob on the left window sill does?

That is the adjustable airflow knob for that swivel airvent its next too. Turn it all the way and it stops the airflow.

Lionheart
April 15th, 2011, 16:38
Hey all,

Build 1.01 is released, fixing a few of the tidbits that we have found.

Fixes include;
* Missing AP switches and bits in the RG 2D panel
* FG now starts properly
* RG now has the manual properly appearing
* Landing lights now fixed on FSX models

Bugs that still exist;
* High engine temps
* Pink triangle on top of the HS34 when at zero speed in the popup
* Need to fly toooo long late at night, causing extreme drousiness the next day at work.. (Cant seem to fix that... )

If you dont want to reload the entire model for the landing lights, then you can update with this simple manual install kit;

http://lionheartworld.net/dyn/Dynamic_Updates_Kit.zip

This little kit includes the 'aircraft.cfg's' and the RG panel folders only, for both FS9 and FSX planes. This will not repair the landing lights.

EDIT: Germany was contacted concerning the update, but I believe they are fast asleep, so figure it will be active for reload in the morning.

Enjoy and happy flying,

Bill
LHC

Roger
April 15th, 2011, 16:40
Thanks Bill...your efforts in creating the best always amazes me:ernae:

Felixthreeone
April 15th, 2011, 17:10
GREAT customer service, as usual. Thanks, Bill!

Felixthreeone
April 15th, 2011, 17:13
Although I was wondering....When do you think the V1.2 which will include the 'please someone help me all I want to do is stay up until the wee hours of the morning and fly this plane despite the fact that I have to go to work and pay a mortgage and such' will be available?:icon_lol:

Lionheart
April 15th, 2011, 17:43
I heard that A2A were working with a prototype system that enabled brain wave patterns to alert the mind of the person flying too excessively. Through SimConnect, it connects to the neural lobes via a gauge, and causes you to land and go to bed.

I hope they release the information to the public as it would help us out with alot of our customers world wide...

(Though when I want to stay up and fly, I want to stay up and fly... arrghh... )

Bill

Lionheart
April 15th, 2011, 17:44
We have just fixed the overheating problem with the FG version plane and I am running the compilers. The process takes a couple of hours, so if you all hang tight, when you reload the package, it will have that fixed as well.

Bill

Bomber_12th
April 15th, 2011, 17:47
Hey Bill!

I just want to say job well done on another very fine-looking production! You've really captured the WT-9 superbly well (as one would expect!). I hope to build up an FS budget again soon, and hopefully actually get a turn at flying this great aircraft in FSX!

bpieke
April 15th, 2011, 20:30
Hey all,

Build 1.01 is released, fixing a few of the tidbits that we have found.

Fixes include;
* FG now starts properly

LHC

Sorry, but on my system, the FG still does not start..

SADT
April 15th, 2011, 20:42
Same here, FG does not start, and the pitot cover/red tape on pitot does not come off.

Apart from that, a magnificent aircraft! Great work Bill! :-) Will future LHC aircraft have this level of detail? And the sound gauge that adds switch noises? :salute:

EDIT: Canopy handle tooltip reads: Fuel gauge light..... or something like that. But it does not read "Canopy Handle" ;-D

Craig :-)

Lionheart
April 15th, 2011, 21:22
EDIT: Canopy handle tooltip reads: Fuel gauge light..... or something like that. But it does not read "Canopy Handle" ;-D

Well, if you bang your head on that T-handle, you 'do' see lights... :S

Sorry guys. It is something else then if your planes still arent starting with increased starter torque. I would really be interested to know what this bug is... I hate bugs... The worst part is mine starts without issue...

As for the red 'remove before flight' flag, it stays on until you switch on the engine.

Bill
LHC

PRB
April 15th, 2011, 21:33
Bill, you've outdone yourself yet again. A fine aeroplane this is. Thanks!

Lionheart
April 15th, 2011, 21:48
Thanks Paul! Great screenshots.

For those that have starting issues on the FG variant, increase your starter torque to 0.8 and you should be good to go.

Bill
LHC

SADT
April 15th, 2011, 22:26
O.K. Bill,

I'll try that when I can next get on the FS 'puter. BTW, Bill it would be good to see the whiskey compass functional, it sticks out like a sore thumb not being operational on the panel. Also, to answer my previous question, will future LHC aircraft have the interactive sound system that the dynamic previewed?

"Well, if you bang your head on that T-handle, you 'do' see lights... :S" - Ha-Ha ;-D

SADT
April 16th, 2011, 01:12
Hi Bill, (Sorry for awful forum etiquitte; replying to my own post.)

One more little request, more than a niggle: Could you possibly include your IPhone gauge with this model in an update? Being able to listen to some good music while flying would be quite nice, in an aircraft like this....

EDIT: The panel lighting can only be activtaed by using the "L" key, and it has a funny effect - some parts are not illuminated - that does NOT look like the screenshots... The same goes for the landing lights, the landing light switch moves, but the lights do not turn on. the only way they turn on is with Shift + L or L .

jpmouse
April 16th, 2011, 04:36
Thanks Paul! Great screenshots.

For those that have starting issues on the FG variant, increase your starter torque to 0.8 and you should be good to go.

Bill
LHC

OK...it's 5:30 am. I guess I'm gonna have to stop playing with it and go to bed. Just want to say thanks to you Bill. She's a lot of fun to fly around the great Northwest's many small airfields. Some one was saying your aircraft are underpriced. I would agree. All of your models are fun to look at and fun to fly . My Quest Kodiak now has over 350 hrs on it and the Dynamic has 12 just in the last 24 hours. Now that is entertainment value. Again....Thanks

JP :applause: :jump: :wavey:

grunau_baby
April 16th, 2011, 05:37
Why is it your releases are always so tempting, Bill?:ernae:

http://www.grunform.de/sim/asp_1.jpg

http://www.grunform.de/sim/asp_2.jpg

http://www.grunform.de/sim/asp_3.jpg

http://www.grunform.de/sim/asp_4.jpg

Great work!
Alex

Lionheart
April 16th, 2011, 08:33
EDIT: The panel lighting can only be activtaed by using the "L" key, and it has a funny effect - some parts are not illuminated - that does NOT look like the screenshots... The same goes for the landing lights, the landing light switch moves, but the lights do not turn on. the only way they turn on is with Shift + L or L .

I duplicated this from the actual plane. Its panel lights are apparently wired into the Nav lights. No panel light switch for the instrumentation could be found.

The screenshots were taken of the same plane you have, so I dont know what to tell you. FSX at 'dusk' has wierd effects with instrumentation. Perhaps you were at dusk and not night.

Bill

Lionheart
April 16th, 2011, 08:33
Why is it your releases are always so tempting, Bill?:ernae:

Great work!
Alex

Hey Alex!

Many thanks Sir.

Bill

Lionheart
April 16th, 2011, 08:35
OK...it's 5:30 am. I guess I'm gonna have to stop playing with it and go to bed. Just want to say thanks to you Bill. She's a lot of fun to fly around the great Northwest's many small airfields. Some one was saying your aircraft are underpriced. I would agree. All of your models are fun to look at and fun to fly . My Quest Kodiak now has over 350 hrs on it and the Dynamic has 12 just in the last 24 hours. Now that is entertainment value. Again....Thanks

JP :applause: :jump: :wavey:

Sleeeeeep JP.....! Sleeeeeeeeeeep........

Goodness, thats a huge amount of hours man!

There is a Rotax engine 'time' gauge on the far right, lower row, larger gauge, which also has a hours meter log down at the lower center. Nice to watch the time grow on it.

Bill

Lionheart
April 16th, 2011, 08:39
This is something I wanted to add to it and hopefully still can in the near future is a 'Maintenance System'. This flags when you have to change the filters, plugs, oil, etc. I was hoping to squeeze it into this one, but the technology is still new. The way of logging multiples of time logs, in both FS9 and FSX has only just been discovered perhaps 2 months ago (60 days) so getting everything working as well as this entire plane project proved to be too much.

This was a 'possible' draft of what the interface would have looked like.

Bill

Lionheart
April 16th, 2011, 10:17
Painkit is up.

Download here; http://lionheartworld.net/dyn/Dynamic_Exterior_Paintkit.zip

* Fuselage
* Left Wing
* Right Wing
* Center Section

EDIT: I didnt know that PNG would be that huge! ack!

Bill

ryanbatc
April 16th, 2011, 10:24
How fast does the RG version go? Rough estimate of TAS at altitude would be fine ;)

bpieke
April 16th, 2011, 11:37
How fast does the RG version go? Rough estimate of TAS at altitude would be fine ;)

According to the official handbook, cruise speed is about 180-220 km/h which is about
110 to 120 knots. Max speed is about 250 km/h.

BTW, the official company documents can be found inside the LCH_WT9.cab folder.

Lionheart
April 16th, 2011, 12:55

It cruises at 136 knots at 5200 RPM cruise setting using the FlyBox prop pitch computer. It will overspeed. Max RPM on the Rotax 912 UL is 5800 RPM for 1 min.

Cruise on the FG is 120+ at 5200 RPM. You gain about 15 knots with the RG.

An sales group outside of the factory say that the RG does 178 MPH.

Bill

ryanbatc
April 16th, 2011, 14:22
Thanks!

SADT
April 16th, 2011, 15:00
That maintenance module would be a great idea. Would say, not changing the oil have any effect on the aircraft? Such as a seized engine?

I'll get a screenshot up at night, to show you what I mean, Bill. I was testing at mid-night, so dusk was not a problem, me thinks. Also, the landing lamps do not come one, on the switch, only by "L" .
This is what I mean:
The first image shows the VC with the nav, strobe, and landing lights turned off, though, as you can see, the landing lights are on - the switch is non functional. The 2nd image shows the strange effects that the panel lights have. The ONLY way I can turn them on is by using Shift+L or L . The only way I can turn on the landing lights is by using L . Not even control L works. I hope this illustrates my problem for you. These screenshots were taken at midnight.

Craig

Lionheart
April 16th, 2011, 18:32
Thanks Craig.

Bill

flaviossa
April 16th, 2011, 19:28
Mr. Bill,
Thanks for the very nice aircraft! Itīs a pleasure to fly with it over pnw. Thanks!
Just a little question: With ver. 1.01, any of the patches available thru this topic is necessary? Or it contains all the tweaks shown in here?

Thanks again! :applause:

SADT
April 16th, 2011, 20:23
Thanks Craig.
Bill

Do you have any idea what the problem might be? Or is it only fixable at your end? :-)

Craig

italoc
April 17th, 2011, 06:07
Hi everybody

am I the only one not capable of flying her in DX10 compliance ???:isadizzy:
Never had any such problem with all other Lyonheart models !!!!

My sys is W7 64K -FSX Accel
Italo

Lionheart
April 17th, 2011, 07:58
Hi everybody

am I the only one not capable of flying her in DX10 compliance ???:isadizzy:
Never had any such problem with all other Lyonheart models !!!!

My sys is W7 64K -FSX Accel
Italo

I dont know what to say on this. Its fully and completely pure FSX, from the MDL to the textures which are all DDS format, DTX5.

Lionheart
April 17th, 2011, 08:00
Do you have any idea what the problem might be? Or is it only fixable at your end? :-)

Craig

I have found the issue. Yes I can fix that. Its a flipped light map for those instruments. You can see that the lights are misaligned. When doing the final textures before launch, I must have left one unflipped. Bad me. I'll have that fixed on the next release.

Lionheart
April 17th, 2011, 08:05
I will join in and bring a fault forward. Even with the switches properly wired via FSX stock switches, they still do not illuminate the Nav and Landing lights. I will do all that I can to repair them and get them properly working. In the mean time, using Shift-L and Control L to switch on/off the NAV and Landing lights.

Grumble grumble......

Now, to go back to hidden features built into the Dynamic package, note that the RG is designed for belly landings! Yeah! You can belly land this jewel (if you are crazy enough). It must be a soft touch down or it will jump into the air. I do this via using a Float contact poing which enables this feature. Only on the RG model though. You'll have to knock the gears off on the FG to get that feature to work.

A small note. Most of the Dynamics that are out there do not have the rear windows or winglets. That is why I included their tradeout feature with the changeable wings and fuselages. Alot of people will train in the sim for those models and I felt it was good to have both.

Bill
LHC

OleBoy
April 18th, 2011, 14:12
This one has my name on it, Bill. I'm just waiting for you to pick the rest of the bugs off. It looks great!!

SADT
April 18th, 2011, 14:17
Trust me, Oleboy, even with the bugs, I can highly recommend this aircraft - you will have much, much fun with it!

It is well worth the $24.95 that Bill wants for it. :salute:

clmooring
April 18th, 2011, 17:47
Bill

I downloaded the plane last night. I really enjoyed it for the few minutes I had to use it.

great frame rate performance. great model, lots of neat features to explore.

I did notice that in the rg blue with lady model vc, part of the nose gear seems to enter the cockpit near the foot pedals when giver right rudder; maybe it was left rudder.

chuck :applause:

EasyEd
April 18th, 2011, 18:27
Hey All,

Great addition to the FS world!

Couple questions. Do the page and enter keys on the AVMap do anything? Should the AVMap do/show everything (all the pages) the default GPS does?

The gear switch doesn't do anything.

Great plane though once the bugs are worked out.

-Ed-

Lionheart
April 18th, 2011, 21:08
Hey All,

Great addition to the FS world!

Couple questions. Do the page and enter keys on the AVMap do anything? Should the AVMap do/show everything (all the pages) the default GPS does?

The gear switch doesn't do anything.

Great plane though once the bugs are worked out.

-Ed-

Hey Ed,

Those buttons on the AVMap rotate left/right the OBS when you have a VOR Freq. selected. They are non-active otherwise.

The Gear switch will work if you mouse drag the switch high/low enough. Seems to take the entire screen distance. I didnt design it that way, its a stock FSX mouse grab thing. Should just be clickable.

Bill
LHC

clmooring
April 19th, 2011, 15:07
So I have read that the dynamic is pretty aerobatic. When I try to execute a roll, she pretty much does an inverted nose dive. In addition she rolls pretty slowly. Has anyone else tried any aerobatic manuevers?

Also, the user manuals shows an "iphone" type user interface...I can't find it or cause it pop up. I am sure I am missing something obvious.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

warchild
April 19th, 2011, 15:21
I'm getting about 1.5 seconds for a 90 degree roll.. Thats about the same as a P-51 or a stunt sukhoi if i'm correct.. Also I'm not seeing any inverted dives either, and i've done aileron and barrel rolls..

clmooring
April 19th, 2011, 15:33
Thx warchild. I have no problem rolling other planes like ants little sport plane.

warchild
April 19th, 2011, 16:59
Welllllllllllllllllll,, ya see, i did the flight model for it, so i guess if anyone is to blame, its me.. I dint know if we can compare the plane to anyone elses or not though as its a thousand pound ( read feather weight ) composite. Pretty much in a class all its own there.. If i got it wrong, then i do apologize, but basically, i matched roll and pitch rates to the available videos..

clmooring
April 19th, 2011, 17:56
I am not blaming anyone. I am just trying to figure out if what I am seeing on my PC matches what was expected by Bill, and you. Or, if I need to see about some setting or other issue on my rig.

Thats all.

I am a big LHC fan.

clmooring
April 19th, 2011, 18:05
So I have read that the dynamic is pretty aerobatic. When I try to execute a roll, she pretty much does an inverted nose dive. In addition she rolls pretty slowly. Has anyone else tried any aerobatic manuevers?

Also, the user manuals shows an "iphone" type user interface...I can't find it or cause it pop up. I am sure I am missing something obvious.

OK I found the AP popup. I must have been tired last night when I was playing with it. :redface:

SADT
April 19th, 2011, 19:14
I get exactly the same behavior as Clmooring when trying to barrel roll. It is quite slow to roll over, and then, once inverted, wants to nosedive rapidly :running: . Apart from that, Pam, I want to congratulate you on you FDE work. It is a true masterpiece, and does feel like "a thousand pound featherweight" in the air! :-D If only I could begin my flight training on one of these...... No, no, no, just a boring old C152 for Craig :-/

warchild
April 19th, 2011, 20:42
ok guys.. no worries.. If bill Ok's it, I'll modify the roll rate so it rolls faster.. Not sure what i can do about the inverted nose dive.. those wings have a lot of lift to them, and when your upside down the lift is well, downward.. But at least i can fix one shortcoming :) ..
Pam

teeboy
April 20th, 2011, 04:51
I had a similar slow roll response when I first downloaded the Dynamic. Also the cruise speeds were way out - FG model would not hit 110kts and the RG was a rocketship, easily reaching 144kts (both at the specified 5200rpm at 2500ft). I downloaded the 1.01 version and all that looks fixed - roll rate is much improved and the cruise speeds are correct to within 2kts. very strange as none of these seems to have been affected by the revisions.

I do find the on ground behaviour very twitchy though - really responsive to the slightest rudder input. And the FG needs more throttle to get moving than the RG (at least on my PC at Darrington Muni..). Oh, and the RG is still a rocketship on the runway. Rotate at 55kts, retract gear and flaps straight away and she must be hitting 160kts at 150ft - no time to think about whats coming next. I've got 25 tonne thrust military jets that go slower!

Otherwise, lovely little thing :icon_lol:

clmooring
April 20th, 2011, 09:42
Pam

I appreciate your time on this. Just to let you know I have the update.

I am not experiencing high spends or ground handling issues.

Thanks

warchild
April 20th, 2011, 10:28
Thanks clmooring. All i can ask is hat folks bear with me as people describe their experiences and i sorta wade through them and fix the ones every one has in common.. Please everyone, accept my apologies that you are having these experiences at all..

Lionheart
April 20th, 2011, 10:41
Hey guys,

My apologies. Pam is not to blame. I ended up making my own airfiles. I am paying Pam for her hard work she did, but she didnt make these. I did start with the Cessna airfile templates so that is why it reminds you of that.

Sorry about the misunderstanding Pam. My fault.

Oddly though, the Test Pilot who writes off the new Dynamics in Slovakia said it flew perfect.

Bill

SADT
April 20th, 2011, 13:35
Hey guys,
My apologies. Pam is not to blame. I ended up making my own airfiles. I am paying Pam for her hard work she did, but she didnt make these. I did start with the Cessna airfile templates so that is why it reminds you of that.
Sorry about the misunderstanding Pam. My fault.
Oddly though, the Test Pilot who writes off the new Dynamics in Slovakia said it flew perfect.
Bill

LOL,
Though does this mean we will get Pams airfiles in the next build?
Craig.

clmooring
April 20th, 2011, 15:05
Bill

The factory test pilot probably doesn't roll them. :-)

Chuck

Lionheart
April 20th, 2011, 15:54
Hey guys, keep in mind that the airfiles are totally tune-able. If you think something should be more or less on a setting, change it! I do this with payware often. I do it on some Carenado's. Some people thought the Epic LT shouldnt have a kick in it when it spools up, but the owner and test pilot at Epic (at the time) both said its dead on! I had so many people write me saying thats crazy, but they hadnt flown a TP before. Who do you go with, the owner and test pilot, or virtual flight sim people.

;)

I have tamed and redone airfiles though in the past. This one we really worked hard on. It should do speeds and endurance all by the book to the T. I tested it and tested it, tuned and tuned it. Its quite a bit of work. This has a engine with water cooled heads, aircooled cylinders, a gear box, going to a variable pitched prop that is managed by a prop pitch computer that also manages the engine RPM. How we got all those variables to work amazes me....

But, there it is. :d

dvj
April 20th, 2011, 22:29
After all the great freeware recently, I took the plunge on this one. One niggle. The landing lights are not visible from the front of the aircraft. I can only see them by looking directly down from the top. I then added the sound set from the A2A Spitfire for shear sillyness. Quite a different experience.

The fixed gear model and wood prop is quite stunning. There is a pilot who has a lot of different aloha shirt's too! He must shot at Tommy Bahama's

d

teeboy
April 20th, 2011, 22:43
My comment about ground handling in my post above may not be anything to do with the Dynamic - Using FTX Darrington Muni there are places where I seem to need 4k revs to move on the taxiway, then she shoots forward and I need to back off to 3k immediately. Getting strange results at a few other fields too. Other than those wierd moments, taxi behaviour is ok - except for the braking in the FG - she still pushes the nosewheel through the ground! I have been watching some videos from the Aerospool US sales site and noticed you have the 'pogo' behaviour well done when braking.

She's great fun. Now we just need some more functions on the AvMap - the actual unit has some nice features and very different from Garmin (hint, hint :icon_lol:).

jpmouse
April 21st, 2011, 02:23
I had a similar slow roll response when I first downloaded the Dynamic. Also the cruise speeds were way out - FG model would not hit 110kts and the RG was a rocketship, easily reaching 144kts (both at the specified 5200rpm at 2500ft). I downloaded the 1.01 version and all that looks fixed - roll rate is much improved and the cruise speeds are correct to within 2kts. very strange as none of these seems to have been affected by the revisions.

I do find the on ground behaviour very twitchy though - really responsive to the slightest rudder input. And the FG needs more throttle to get moving than the RG (at least on my PC at Darrington Muni..). Oh, and the RG is still a rocketship on the runway. Rotate at 55kts, retract gear and flaps straight away and she must be hitting 160kts at 150ft - no time to think about whats coming next. I've got 25 tonne thrust military jets that go slower!

Otherwise, lovely little thing :icon_lol:

Just to chime in...I have noticed that the FG needs almost half throttle to get moving . Not a problem as long as I remember to ease the throttle down as she begins to roll. The RG throttle response is a lot more linear and seems more what I woud expect. Love 'em both. Great fun to fly!

JP :salute:

clmooring
April 21st, 2011, 15:21
I have tamed and redone airfiles though in the past. This one we really worked hard on. It should do speeds and endurance all by the book to the T. I tested it and tested it, tuned and tuned it. Its quite a bit of work. This has a engine with water cooled heads, aircooled cylinders, a gear box, going to a variable pitched prop that is managed by a prop pitch computer that also manages the engine RPM. How we got all those variables to work amazes me....

So... It sounds like tweaking the flight model to roll a little more crisply is a task beyond the abilities of a mere mortal like me. :-(

Lionheart
April 21st, 2011, 16:00
Hey Guys,

Build 1.02 is now up and ready for download.

Fixes rectified;
* Light switches in FSX models repaired
* Dome Light switch added to all models
* RG front gear dive illiminated
* Flipped lighting textures in FSX models repaired

See your local Aerospool dealership / Vendor for updates and enhancements.

Bill
LHC

Lionheart
April 21st, 2011, 16:06
So... It sounds like tweaking the flight model to roll a little more crisply is a task beyond the abilities of a mere mortal like me. :-(

To simply make the aircraft able to roll faster is extremely easy. This is only for making it more 'snappy' and responsive in a turn/roll.

* Open your 'aircraft.cfg' file in your Dynamic of choice with Windows Notepad
* Navigate down to the [flight_tuning] section
* Adjust the aileron_effectiveness=1.0 to something like 2.0
* Save and flight test. Add or lower as you like, such as 1.5, 2.2, etc.

If you want to do some aerobatics in it, then 2.0 should probably do it, giving it a Pitts aileron performance range.

Now this is a quick tune. I prefer the way the Dynamic handles presently. The factory liked it. If they say 'Bill, make it snappier in the ailerons', then I will as they know how it flies in the actual plane, but so far, they have liked it and approved it.

Bill

SADT
April 21st, 2011, 16:13
Bill,
Is there a way to get the airfiles that Pam (Warchild) made? :salute:

Craig

warchild
April 21st, 2011, 19:18
They wont work Craig.. I designed them in FS9 for FS9 and in FSX, the plane wont ev3en stay running.. I tried.. It would require a complete rework of the dynamics in order for it to work in fsx.. sorry..
Pam

SADT
April 21st, 2011, 19:55
OK, thanks Pam.......... :salute:

Craig

Lionheart
April 22nd, 2011, 07:07
Pam is right Craig,

The engine runs for a moment and stalls out.

I think I still have them if you would like to try them though.

Bill

clmooring
April 22nd, 2011, 13:35
Bill

Perhaps I have another "DUH" Question here. But how come I don't see the fuel computer guage ? I have not tried all the different versions.

Also how does the flyobox guage pop up? Shift 9 pops up the manual?

Finally the right strope light shines through the wing from the VC. That must be a ticky issue because I see in planes from other developers.

Thx for a grat add-on.

Chuck

clmooring
April 22nd, 2011, 13:57
Sorry Bill

It is the right Nav light that shines through wing from the VC.

Chuck

clmooring
April 22nd, 2011, 17:37
Bill

Perhaps I have another "DUH" Question here. But how come I don't see the fuel computer guage ? I have not tried all the different versions.

Ok found it on the FG versions..... sorry, I have been flying the RG models. I should have known since it in the gear switch position. I'm embarrassed.... :-[

EasyEd
April 22nd, 2011, 18:42
Hey All,

Is there a plan to finish the EKP-IV? Linking the autopilot and EKP-IV and GPS 500 is confusing.

-Ed-

Lionheart
April 22nd, 2011, 22:46
Bill

Also how does the flyobox guage pop up? Shift 9 pops up the manual?

Finally the right strope light shines through the wing from the VC. That must be a ticky issue because I see in planes from other developers.

Thx for a grat add-on.

Chuck

Hey Chuck,

The FlyBox does not have its own popup.

The green NavLight does have that flaw. My apologies.

Bill

Lionheart
April 22nd, 2011, 22:48
Hey All,

Is there a plan to finish the EKP-IV? Linking the autopilot and EKP-IV and GPS 500 is confusing.

-Ed-

Hey Ed,

The EKP-IV was never intended to be 'fully functional' as well as the fact that we didnt have a way to study one. We had decided to make the basic function version and include the Garmin base 500 unit for people to input in their FP settings. I didnt want to put the Garmin base 500 unit in there. That would have been horrible, so we did up a sharp looking rendition of the EKP complete with some basic functionalities.

The cost and man hours for creating another fully functioning GPS is a bit high as well as not having anything to go by.

Bill

jpmouse
April 23rd, 2011, 02:35
Hey Guys,

Fixes rectified;

Bill
LHC

Installed 1.02 and I've been having a lot of fun. If you didn't change a thing I would be ecstatic with this aircraft. I bet she will be world class when some of the niggling details that others have discovered are ironed out. I'm just gonna fly and enjoy. Also, although I didn't have any problems with framerates, due to having a machine that is a screamer, I installed the high performance textures and response when shifting views was much snappier. Thanks Bill.

JP :jump:

P.S. I did get caught up on my sleep after my flying marathon after I first installed it. LOL. :sleep:

dvj
April 23rd, 2011, 08:57
Hey Guys,

Fixes rectified;

Bill
LHC

Bill, do we just re-download the whole file? My vendor does not show an update. I'll try this and see what the version is.

Thank you for another great aircraft.

dvj

italoc
April 23rd, 2011, 09:54
Hi guys
does anybody can explain to me a couple of things:
- all of you are so happy of the Dynamic, so are you all using her in DX9 ????
- if some are flying her in DX10, can you figure out why I have to switch to DX9 to enjoy her like everybody else?????
I have all Lyonheart planes (Viking, Kodiak, Tailwind, Skylark) and all of them are at ease in my DX10 compliant FSX Accel !!!!!
I'm sure somebody, a lot more knowledgeble than me, will give me some light on this matter:wiggle:
Thanks in advance
Italo

Lionheart
April 23rd, 2011, 10:09
Bill, do we just re-download the whole file? My vendor does not show an update. I'll try this and see what the version is.

Thank you for another great aircraft.

dvj

DVJ,

By chance is that FlightSimStore in Australia?

Bill

EDIT: I have re-emailed Adrian at the FSS in Oz to let him know about Build 1.02 on the Dynamic. I imagine he is swamped with business with the latest releases...

Lionheart
April 23rd, 2011, 11:35
OH, the Whiskey compass was fixed. I had accidentally left it linked to the one in the Kodiak. People without the Kodiak had no WC. That is now repaired also in Build 1.02.

(I was wondering why mine worked fine and some people had issues with it... All the things that can go wrong.. ack! ).

warchild
April 23rd, 2011, 12:06
I'm making a "quick" fix on my dynamics for both planes.. I'll upload them to Bill later on this afternoon or tomorrow and if anyone wants them please contact him..
Pam

dvj
April 23rd, 2011, 16:30
DVJ,

By chance is that FlightSimStore in Australia?

Bill

EDIT: I have re-emailed Adrian at the FSS in Oz to let him know about Build 1.02 on the Dynamic. I imagine he is swamped with business with the latest releases...

Yes it is. Thanks. I tried another download this morning and it came up 1.01.

d

Lionheart
April 23rd, 2011, 19:13
Hey DVJ,

I communicated with Adrian today, he says he has the 1.02 now on his servers.

If you run the Installer, it should say 'Build 1.02'. He may still have it marked as Build 1.01.

Bill

Lionheart
April 23rd, 2011, 19:41
Hey all,

I have the Special Edition Warchild Airfiles here if anyone wants to try them out.

I will upload them and send the link out in just a moment. I just took the FG up with them and it handled very sporty! Loved it!

Bill
LHC

EDIT: Here is the link. These are for the FSX version only, not tested for FS9.
http://lionheartworld.net/dyn/Dynamic_Warchild_Airfiles.zip

Bill

dvj
April 23rd, 2011, 21:17
Hey DVJ,

I communicated with Adrian today, he says he has the 1.02 now on his servers.

If you run the Installer, it should say 'Build 1.02'. He may still have it marked as Build 1.01.

Bill

The installer window shows "build 1.01". I'll wait and try again tomorrow.

d

Lionheart
April 24th, 2011, 07:31
Roger that.

I'll email Adrian and see that the newer Installer is put up.

Wait till I get back with the news that its online.

Bill

Lionheart
April 24th, 2011, 18:06
Adrian thought he had the correct files up. He missed one. My email may not have gotten to him about the second update. He is uploading now.

Bill

bkeske
April 25th, 2011, 14:08
Hey Bill,

Finally decided to pick up a new payware aircraft over the weekend, and after much consideration, (as I told myself a few months ago...'self', you don't need any new aircraft....then remembered I've been into FS for over 16 years, and there has never been such a thing as 'enough' :icon_lol: ), I chose the Dynamic.

What a cool little bird. Got my mug on the pilot, repainted a few things to my liking, found out I could utilize some of the RG repaints on the FG models, yadayadayada....and took my first flight last evening. I do believe this may be one of your best yet in terms of the complete package, but maybe that is just me. Everything seemed to be 'right'; the sounds are very neat, the avionics, (although simplistic in some respects), are different than anything else I have, thus refreshing. And dang it, this thing simply flies great. I used the AP for a while, but this aircrfat is really easy to handle 'by hand'.

Just a great job. I'm glad I picked the Dynamic :salute:

Brian

dvj
April 25th, 2011, 14:15
Adrian thought he had the correct files up. He missed one. My email may not have gotten to him about the second update. He is uploading now.

Bill

Bill, the file download still shows 1.01 version in the installer as of this writing.

d

Lionheart
April 25th, 2011, 18:37
Bill, the file download still shows 1.01 version in the installer as of this writing.

d

dvj

Man.. I wonder whats going on?

I'll see how everything is going over there.

Bill

Lionheart
April 25th, 2011, 18:37
Hey Bill,

Finally decided to pick up a new payware aircraft over the weekend, and after much consideration, (as I told myself a few months ago...'self', you don't need any new aircraft....then remembered I've been into FS for over 16 years, and there has never been such a thing as 'enough' :icon_lol: ), I chose the Dynamic.

What a cool little bird. Got my mug on the pilot, repainted a few things to my liking, found out I could utilize some of the RG repaints on the FG models, yadayadayada....and took my first flight last evening. I do believe this may be one of your best yet in terms of the complete package, but maybe that is just me. Everything seemed to be 'right'; the sounds are very neat, the avionics, (although simplistic in some respects), are different than anything else I have, thus refreshing. And dang it, this thing simply flies great. I used the AP for a while, but this aircrfat is really easy to handle 'by hand'.

Just a great job. I'm glad I picked the Dynamic :salute:

Brian

Many thanks Brian.
:ernae:

dvj
April 26th, 2011, 08:30
Man.. I wonder whats going on?

I'll see how everything is going over there.

Bill

Thanks Bill. Like everyone else has said, this is one cool little aircraft. Although the UV exposure from that bubble canopy has got to be brutal. SPF 80 required.

Lionheart
April 26th, 2011, 08:37
Thanks Bill. Like everyone else has said, this is one cool little aircraft. Although the UV exposure from that bubble canopy has got to be brutal. SPF 80 required.

You've got that right.

Some install a neat little fold forward sun shield thing in the canopy, but its only so wide, kind of narrow. It doesnt do much. Painting the top area with white would help out alot in the actual plane. Wearing hats, putting foil over your arms would also help cut down on UV exposure. ;)

Bill

dvj
April 26th, 2011, 14:45
Wow, Bill's simulation is so real.....:mixedsmi:

mikew
April 26th, 2011, 15:33
Okay... Sorry if this has been asked, but how do I access the latest update through Payloadz?

Thanks,

Mike

clmooring
April 26th, 2011, 16:02
Funny thing :-(

All of the sudden the fg engine stops just moments after loading it. Then I can't get it started again. Have build 1.02 loaded.

I even ended the flight and restarted my pc. I am loading my basic flight with the default ultra light and then witching to the fg. I can switch to the rg with no problems.

I had seen others with similar problem but i. had not experienced it. And I thought 1.02 fixed anyway.

Help?

warchild
April 26th, 2011, 16:09
clmooring..
open bothe the rg and fg config files side by side..
in the general engine section, check to make sure they both have the same fuel rate. if one is higher, raise the other one to match..
Now, scroll down to the turbine engine section on both and make sure they both have the same Max rpm friction and min rpm friction. if theyn dont, lower the higher values..
Let me know ok??

Lionheart
April 26th, 2011, 19:20
Funny thing :-(

All of the sudden the fg engine stops just moments after loading it. Then I can't get it started again. Have build 1.02 loaded.

I even ended the flight and restarted my pc. I am loading my basic flight with the default ultra light and then witching to the fg. I can switch to the rg with no problems.

I had seen others with similar problem but i. had not experienced it. And I thought 1.02 fixed anyway.

Help?

Sounds like a battery switch. Make sure you didnt save a flight in a bird with a battery switch and then switched into the Dynamic over it.

Also, make sure you have the 1.02 LHC 'air' file. The Warchild airfile pack has a different setting for section 510 I think it is. That will cause engine stall.

Pam, that is engine drive shaft friction if I am correct. With lower CUI in the cylinders (Rotax) it had to be lowered (section 510) to keep the engine running.

What a monster this dang Rotax was to program... . Water cooled heads, aircooled cylinder walls, drive transmission to the prop, prop pitch computer! The Space Shuttle isnt that sophisticated!

ok, maybe it is... but not my far!

Lionheart
April 26th, 2011, 19:22
Okay... Sorry if this has been asked, but how do I access the latest update through Payloadz?

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Mike,

Just fill out the Reload request card. Also, you can send me your email address via IM here and I can push the link through to you.

Bill