PDA

View Full Version : sentimental journy B17 at mather field in sacramento

Daveroo
April 12th, 2011, 10:15
i think its senimental journal....anyway doesnt one of our SOH members have something to do with that plane?...only two people with the plane...according to yesterdays interview which is on www.gooddaysacramento.com in the videos...the pilot said there was no ground crew..just he and the co-pilot...the pilots name has a "whitt" something...is it our whittpilot?

fsafranek
April 12th, 2011, 11:04
There's a different B-17 (red tail stripe) down here in San Deigo this week. Out at Gillespie Field. For $465 you can go for a ride. :salute:

Wittpilot
April 13th, 2011, 10:23
Yep, that's me...

Liberty Belle is at Mather Field this weekend. I think we have both our P-40 & B-17 there for the weekend. Actually, I think they are doing flights @ Sonoma County Airport on the 16th, & Mather on the 17th. Stop by on the 17th and visit and watch..... and IF you can, BUY A RIDE!!!!!

Seriously, I say it every time, but you can't say it enough.... It is worth every penny... I just added up how many times I've gotten the change to fly on her, ~ 19 times.... and it is just always an adventure.... I've helped take up a lot of passengers over the past couple of years, and not once have I heard someone say, "Gee, That wasn't really worth the money"..... I've never met a soul who didn't leave w/o a smile on their face. As I always say, think of it as more of an investment.... an investment to yourself....:mixedsmi:

I will try & keep the forum updated on our schedule... I get so damn busy sometimes w/ my normal crummy job, building a B-17, and helping with operations of a flying B-17!! Yeah, it gets tough trying to explain to people sometimes.....

Check us out, enjoy!

-witt

Daveroo
April 13th, 2011, 13:15
liberty belle...sorry that was my mistake ....ive been sick for awhile and things are messed up forme....but i saw ya on the news...cool....

Allen
April 13th, 2011, 13:50
Too bad your not stopping at Redding Municipal Airport. If you did I would stop by and see you!

Smashing Time
April 14th, 2011, 05:05
In Santa Rosa now
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20110412/NEWS/104121075

Wittpilot
April 14th, 2011, 08:53
Lines like this really makes me wonder about what you read in the news.....

The "Liberty Belle" was among nearly 13,000 Boeing B-17 Warhawk fighter aircraft built during the war.

Plus, I believe technically it should read... Liberty Belle.... A writer should have learned that in Freshman English!!!!