PDA

View Full Version : UFOs in FBI's Vault....

Cloud9Gal
April 11th, 2011, 17:45
See the original document...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20110411/od_yblog_upshot/ufos-in-fbis-vault

So do you believe in UFOs?

RKinkor
April 11th, 2011, 17:55
I believe that it is possible but that on the other hand you have to be carefull what and who you listen to for info.

Wing_Z
April 11th, 2011, 19:12
So do you believe in UFOs?

Every time something flies by, and you don't know what it is, it's a UFO.
Aliens? Of course they're here!
They tend to be a bit smaller than we would think, and survive deep space and fiery atmospheric entry - boy, they are also tougher than we thought!

Did a larger alien impregnate my neighbour's wife all those years ago, to produce Gregory?
My neighbour thinks so...

Is Elvis alive, and how about Adolf Hitler?
These are all fun questions, please let us know when you find out.

Tom Clayton
April 11th, 2011, 19:27
"You do know Elvis is dead, right?"
"No, Elvis is not dead. He just went home."
:applause:

Naismith
April 11th, 2011, 19:54
Poll: Do you believe in UFOs/Aliens?

Is two questions in one and are mutually exclusive. The chances of UFO's being occupied by aliens imho is virtually nil however the chance that aliens exist has a probability factor of 1.

If UFO's were real I would venture that we would not exist. My reasoning is that any alien race capable of getting here at all would view us as a threat and destroy us. Heck we can't even get along amongst ourselves never mind with aliens.

Lionheart
April 11th, 2011, 20:54
Thanks C9G.

:salute:

I have heard alot of similar stories pertaining to the same alien born 'airframe'. But.. I thought there was only one. This changes things.

Bill

Lionheart
April 11th, 2011, 20:58
Just voted... Hilarious how most all of us beleive.

HouseHobbit
April 11th, 2011, 22:05
Aliens NO WAY, they are lost Hobbits..

Took a wrong turn at Mordor that is all..

:a1451: Should at least release the bodies, so I can give them a proper burial..

Piglet
April 11th, 2011, 22:52
We Piglets are here and watching.
Once I give the signal, Earth is spacedust!
(After we off-world all the dogs and piggys)

norab
April 11th, 2011, 23:53
definitely interesting stuff, Welcome back Piglet :wavey::jump:

Matt Wynn
April 12th, 2011, 01:25
ok who voted no to believing in Aliens? you guys must not have heard of the 'Drake Equation' (Also called Green Bank Formula or Green Bank equation)... roughly it reckons that PER GALAXY there are 2 communicative Civilizations, and a possible 20,000 civilizations, remember the nearest could be 1500 Light Years Away... and given the fact that modern planet searching (seeing if a star wobbles etc...) has upped the chance percentage of a star to have planets etc. to 40% (put simply theres billions of stars in our galaxy alone, 40% may have planets, call it another 1% of them having a form of life etc...... man we are not alone, and i strongly believe that...

as for captured UFO's, Extra-Terrestrial Craft well.... seen a few odd things in my time so far, but until i can see solid cast iron (or whatever they're made of :icon_lol: ) proof, i'd have to say not so certain about them...

Clarke123
April 12th, 2011, 04:57
ok who voted no to believing in Aliens? you guys must not have heard of the 'Drake Equation' (Also called Green Bank Formula or Green Bank equation)... roughly it reckons that PER GALAXY there are 2 communicative Civilizations, and a possible 20,000 civilizations, remember the nearest could be 1500 Light Years Away... and given the fact that modern planet searching (seeing if a star wobbles etc...) has upped the chance percentage of a star to have planets etc. to 40% (put simply theres billions of stars in our galaxy alone, 40% may have planets, call it another 1% of them having a form of life etc...... man we are not alone, and i strongly believe that...

as for captured UFO's, Extra-Terrestrial Craft well.... seen a few odd things in my time so far, but until i can see solid cast iron (or whatever they're made of :icon_lol: ) proof, i'd have to say not so certain about them...
I voted no. I believe that there has to be life out there whether it be a microbe, martian geranium or a flesh eating killing machine. In the infinity of space, similar conditions that produce life must have occured somewhere. However the question of conspiracies and kidnapping and anal probing hillbillies I find laughable. It's very interesting as a subject and produces fantastic stories and ideas but I just don't believe we've been "visited".

alain95
April 12th, 2011, 04:59
And I'm an Alien for many reasons
- I'm french - I have no cell phone - I have no car - Sometimes rayrey10 call me Alian

My friends are looking for me because I'm a renegade, I felt in love with a human being.
They send space probes to find where I'm hidding, but they are afraid to encounter humans because you are carnivorous and make dangerous and sutpid use of nuclear fission, when it's so easy for us to... well it's a secret. I well tell you if you really try turning vegetarians !

PRB
April 12th, 2011, 05:34

I voted "no way 'Jose'" ... The problem is that the pole has two separate and barely related questions rolled up into one. Questions to which I would answer "yes" to one and "umm no" to the other. If the question is "do I believe there is life elsewhere in the universe?" I would answer "yes". If the question is "do you belive alien ETs are hiding behind the bush observing us?" I would answer "no", or at least, "there is no evidence to support such a claim." And photos of flares dropped from a plane do not constitute evidence, sorry! :)

ThinkingManNeil
April 12th, 2011, 07:26
An odd question since belief is subjective and often not reflective of reality. However, do I think extraterrestrial life exists? Almost certainly, although I think it's probably mostly simple life forms (eg., bacteria and single cell organisms), complex, multi-celled animals less likely, and intelligent, technological species rarer still, and even if there are civilizations out there comparable or even far more advanced than us it's quite possible we'll never know they're there do to the vast distances between the stars.

Do I think there are UFO's? Yes. The vast majority of people being untrained observers and unfamiliar with the night sky, meteorological phenomena, and many types of aircraft and their flight characteristics thus making many Unidentified Flying Objects identifiable with proper and thorough investigation. Other harder to explain cases remain unexplained simply due to lack of reliable testimony, data, and evidence while there remain a few cases that are widely witnessed or well supported by physical evidence that defy explanation by any known means. I myself clearly saw an object during daylight hours some years ago that I could not identify as any conventional aircraft, balloon, dirigible, blimp, or helicopter, nor was it a meteorological, optical, or astronomical phenomenon. It was a solid, metallic disc-shaped object under apparent control of some sort following a straight line course on a very windy winter day moving at aircraft speed just below solid overcast. Was it some advanced, earth-borne technology or an alien spacecraft? Did anyone else see it or did it show up on radar? I just don't know; all I can say is I saw it...

N.

pfflyers
April 12th, 2011, 08:09
I guess I feel the way many of the other posters do:

Yes, life probably exists elsewhere in the universe;

No, most UFOs are not alien spacecraft.

As far as Drake's Equation goes; when one looks at the history of Earth and the rather brief time our "intelligent" species has existed, one has to wonder how long an advanced civilization could last.

Between natural/ecological disasters, disease, warfare, and our own careless use of technology it seems the average civilization doesn't last too long. Could we ever last long enough to develope the ability to visit the stars? I'm not optomistic.

Lionheart
April 12th, 2011, 10:09
I hadnt known they found '3' of the 3 passenger discs... That is pretty wild. And the information on the radar causing them to crash was also pretty wild. I 'think' they were using a radar system then that was for detecting incoming bombers or the like (from Russia) as like a early warning system. It would make sense that it might have shut down the onboard systems on these craft.

I had read (many books on these) long ago. One such disc craft that was taken apart had no wire-looms going to the various flight systems. It was wireless. If the wave length that they use was the same as that radar, or was a jammer, then that explains how they fell out of the sky. Shear accident.

Another thing. The disc hull had a perimeter 'tube' that ran along the interior edge which had 3 large ball bearings, about 1 feet in diameter approximately. They 'think' it acted like a gyro race, for stability. Who knows.. But...! It explains why they are round and not some aerodynamic shape.

Supposedly, after disassembly, they couldnt figure out how to put it back together again. Perhaps damaged it? Again, who knows..

Bill

WiFi... BlueTooth.. eeks...

kilo delta
April 12th, 2011, 10:23
I too am sure that we're not the only species in the universe.:)
And I'm pretty certain that most of the genuine UFO's are man made...if the SR-71 could have been designed in the 50's I'm sure that the technology is already in operational existence today to make Blackbird look like the Wright Flyer!:icon_lol:

Naismith
April 12th, 2011, 12:33
Isn't it interesting that the amount of sightings of UFO's has not increased given that there are more cameras than ever these days ranging from traffic ones to the ones in the ubiquitous cell phones.

Kiwikat
April 12th, 2011, 13:58
I chose "yes".

When I was 7 or 8 years old, I saw a flying saucer. I still remember it very vividly. I can still draw a relatively detailed picture of it too.

Dunno what it was, but I certainly did see it! :mixedsmi:

alain95
April 12th, 2011, 14:26
We Piglets are here and watching.
Once I give the signal, Earth is spacedust!
(After we off-world all the dogs and piggys)

Would you be as kind to call me before, now I know
I have to care about some cats and birds friends...

Thanks

aeromed202
April 12th, 2011, 15:42
I am warmed that so many of you conceed that I may actually be here. Guess I'll stay a while longer. I find you all interesting and wonderfully complex.

OBIO
April 12th, 2011, 15:50
I pulled a UFO out of my belly button last night. An Unidentifiable Fuzzy Object. While it did not show any evidence of intelligence, it did smell strongly of old cheese and wood putty. I can't recall exactly the last time I ate cheese while building a cabinet...but it has been a number of years ago. I really need to clean my belly button out more frequently.

OBIO

Clarke123
April 12th, 2011, 15:52
Aliens, hobbits, talking typing dogs and cats. It don't get more diverse than this place. ;)

warchild
April 12th, 2011, 17:18
Hell, now that i live out in the boonies, I see UFO's every noght.. Since i'm no near a large airport, i couldnt tell you what was what up in the sky.. But ive seen some damned strange things over the last fifty years. Things not easily explained, and some unexplainable.. Do i think little green men were /are here?? i dont know.. but theres certainly plenty of evidence to support the history of them being here..
We want to think ( like every generation ) that we humans are the penultimate of knowledge and capability in the universe, and ignore the fact that most likely, we're probably not all that smart or capable.. Its not much of a stretch to believe that some civilization somewhere, has developed the ways and means to perform interstellar travel.. Just because we havent done it doesnt mean it cant be done... where theres a will, theres a way..

Toastmaker
April 13th, 2011, 05:25
I voted "no way 'Jose'" ... The problem is that the pole has two separate and barely related questions rolled up into one. Questions to which I would answer "yes" to one and "umm no" to the other. If the question is "do I believe there is life elsewhere in the universe?" I would answer "yes". If the question is "do you belive alien ETs are hiding behind the bush observing us?" I would answer "no", or at least, "there is no evidence to support such a claim." And photos of flares dropped from a plane do not constitute evidence, sorry! :)

yes, what he said. . . :running:

beana51
April 13th, 2011, 06:20
The Concept of just what is an alien is a mystery?...is it HALAVOODS versions?..biblican Versions.? Or Some scared drunk alone in the dark!....."Take me To your Leader " would be the only real proof. But if its a microbe,new germ, or unknown materials,then its possible Like if Neil Armstrong,met the man in the MOON?..would he eat him?,Deny ever seeing him,or would he invite the guy for a drink.....Who believes a secret can be kept in the US??.....Democracy leaks like a sieve...and thats good1....So between the man on the moon,and sasquash, and tomorrows lottery winning numbers,some things are beyond our control,.......However ,saying this,yes There has to be life out there. Its the Trip to get to it....All Life operates in the laws of physics.........Not Yet WARP speed,or beam me aboard Scotty.....do we have!....

Stephen William Hawking, CH, CBE, FRS, FRSA is an English theoretical physicist and cosmologist said this sobering comment!,

"Hawking has indicated that he is almost certain that alien life (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_life) exists in other parts of the universe and uses a mathematical basis for his assumptions. "To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational. The real challenge is to work out what aliens might actually be like." He believes alien life not only certainly exists on planets but perhaps even in other places, like within stars or even floating in outer space. He also warns that a few of these species might be intelligent and threaten Earth. Contact with such species might be devastating for humanity.<sup id="cite_ref-31" class="reference">[/URL]</sup> "If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Columbus"]Columbus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hawking#cite_note-31) landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans," he said. He advocated that, rather than try to establish contact, man should try to avoid contact with alien life forms."......Da Man Say stay! away! <label for="rb_iconid_15">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon28.gif</label>

Roadburner440
April 13th, 2011, 17:52
I must say I agree with most that life has to exist somewhere in the universe, but the UFO's we see are most likely of our own creation.. The Nazi's while crazy had been working on UFO technology back in WWII. With flying disc's and the like. To my knowledge none made it to being operational as the tech obviously didn't exist at the time. One of their more interesting experiments is commonly known as the Nazi Bell.. There is a UFO crash that happened in Pennsvylania, and the "witnesses" conjured up some drawing that looked essentially like the Bell did. Not to mention we have had flying wings and such since the mid 1940's. Although it would be pretty cool if an alien UFO did happen to stop by. Granted if any civilization advanced to that point I doubt they would be interested/care about us and what we do. If anything would probably be like Independance Day where they just come to kill us all and take our resources. :icon_lol:

warchild
April 13th, 2011, 18:38
uts true, we dont have warp speed, but in kind, the people in the eighteen hundredds didnt have a land speed record that broke the speed of sound.. How much more capable could a civilization be that was hundreds or even thousands of years older than us// As i said, we tend tosee ourselves as the pinnacle of understanding and knowledge, and quite frankly, thats most likely nothing but our own arrogance talking..

HouseHobbit
April 13th, 2011, 19:50
Aliens, hobbits, talking typing dogs and cats. It don't get more diverse than this place. ;)

UFO's, and Hobbits, Typing Dogs and Ickie's drunk squirrel..
Who, I will add still gets into my Mead...Going to get that squirrel one day..:tgun2:

Next will be Pixies and Orcs..:applause:
Got to love this place..:icon_lol:

Lionheart
April 13th, 2011, 19:56
Well put, Warchild.

My thoughts are that they definately exist. I have seen many things.

My thoughts also are that I believe that we do have technologies that are 'possibly' including of 'warp' as you all put it. The President of Boeing once told a person 'You know about Star Wars and all those Science Fiction movies, right? Well, we done that and got the t-shirts'.

President Reagan also talked on the threat of an alien invasion once in a famous speach, as most of you remember.

Finding the right race to be friends with is the new target. Realizing who is a threat, who is friendly...

And to be careful with our planet and not mess up our own home world with radiation catastrophies..

Imagine, going back in time, speaking with the King of England in the hay day of inventions, back in the Victorian era, telling him 'Yes Sir, we travel to other continents in these gigantic metal ships that fly faster then great winds, where in hours we can arrive on a continent in what presently (in Victorian days) took months.'

Then show him your iPhone and a cool gaming App, lol....

Bill

OBIO
April 13th, 2011, 21:01
I saw a flying saucer once. Saw it about a millisecond before it hit me in the forehead. I learned never again to insult my Mom's cooking.

OBIO

GT182
April 14th, 2011, 16:07
Voted yes. Sure they're real, they put us here. Now they know it's an experiment that failed, and is the reason they won't contact us. Once we smarten up, stop all wars, and stop destroying this world they might just say Hello.

andersel
April 14th, 2011, 17:23
UFOs? Without a doubt. The wind was gusting up to around 50/60 mph in Anchorage the other day. LOTS of UFOs. Many of them resembling garbage can lids. But who can be sure?

Aliens? I can accept that. Given the current state of things on earth, though, why would they want to come here?

LA

beana51
April 14th, 2011, 18:48
Hi Lionheart,You may add an other acknowledgement by another great man.On May 1962,at West Point ,addressing the cadets,in his Famous Speech,Duty,Honor Country...General Douglas McArthure said these words,in his farewell speech.....Very old,no notes,but a clearity of thought,and use of the language!!

"We speak in strange terms: of harnessing the cosmic energy; of making winds and tides work for us; of creating unheard synthetic materials to supplement or even replace our old standard basics; to purify sea water for our drink; of mining ocean floors for new fields of wealth and food; of disease preventatives to expand life into the hundreds of years; of controlling the weather for a more equitable distribution of heat and cold, of rain and shine; of space ships to the moon; of the primary target in war, no longer limited to the armed forces of an enemy, but instead to include his civil populations; of ultimate conflict between a united human race and the sinister forces of some other planetary galaxy; of such dreams and fantasies as to make life the most exciting of all time.".

When this subject comes up,I ask my self,even POO POOing this...Could it be these great men know the truth??/ FASCINATING!.....

If interested ,the entire address here.

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/douglasmacarthurthayeraward.html

Lionheart
April 15th, 2011, 16:56
Thats pretty cool Beana. I hadnt heard of that.

One famous test pilot, I want to say it was Chuck Yeager, but I could be wrong, was a pilot at area 51, back in I think 47, or later, and was in a plane running it through its paces when a round craft appears, and hovers, then slowly lands, way out accross the airfield. They had some people drive out to it in a couple of jeeps, and they had a conversation with some aliens, took pictures, then it lifted off and was gone. This pilot was in charge of taking the photos by plane to Washington DC in person. He couldnt figure out why no one ever talked about it. He was the only one that came forward out of that entire base.

Bill
LHC

Pauke! Pauke!
April 15th, 2011, 17:25
Himmel! Not many people knew it but Der Führer was an alien, ja!....not a very capable one because he lost the war... but an alien none the less. You were not aware of this because you were with the Allies then and Churchill made every effort to cover up the fact that Hitler was an alien in the Allied media. Ach! Mein Gott, Churchill...... immer Churchill! Win with Winnie and that verdammt V for victory sign with his fingers. Churchill.....with his rotten paintings and his rotten cigars. Hitler! Now there was a painter. He could paint an entire apartment in one afternoon......two coats! Der Führer could hang the wallpaper also in one afternoon and this with no bubbles and matched patterns. This! This, I say is the proof he was an alien. Aber Churchill....Churchill always he was calling us Naaahhwzzeees.......Naaaaaahhhwwzzzeeeees. We weren't Naaaaaahhhwwzzzeeeees. We were Nazis! Errrr....hmmmm....Sorry I blew up. I got a little carried away I quess. I don't get much company here in the bunker. Based on my experience I had to vote, yes.
:jump::jump::jump:

beana51
April 15th, 2011, 19:34
Yes lionheart,not too long ago I would have great fun with this subject.but now close to 80yrs old,not so sure anymore..The World Seems to be something we cannot see!...It begs the question of what really are these people seeking?..is it a yearning for something better in life?..is it also a vacuum some have that needs to be filled?, something in their minds,and hearts not fulfilled?!....I know other people find the mysteries of who am I?,Why am I'm here? and Where Am I going! Many find Answers and the truth in traditional areas!..I wonder about that?.Since our earliest times,from Neanderthal,to modern man,Millions of years of seeking,seeing,believing, and if not found ,Creating what they seek!And so it continues to be!....Always interesting..thanx, Cœur de Lion,stay well,....Vin!<label for="rb_iconid_24">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon23.gif</label>

beana51
April 15th, 2011, 19:39
Yes lionheart,not too long ago I would have great fun with this subject.but now close to 80yrs old,not so sure anymore..The World Seems to be something we cannot see!...It begs the question of what really are these people seeking?..is it a yearning for something better in life?..is it also a vacuum some have that needs to be filled?, something in their minds,and hearts not fulfilled?!....I know other people find the mysteries of who am I?,Why am I'm here? and Where Am I going! Many find Answers and the truth in traditional areas!..I wonder about that?.Since our earliest times,,years of seeking,seeing,believing, and if not found ,Creating what they seek!And so it continues to be!....Always interesting..thanx, Cœur de Lion,stay well,....Vin!<label for="rb_iconid_24">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon23.gif</label>

Lionheart
April 19th, 2011, 08:31
Anyone have any cool UFO stories?

:jump:

boxcar
April 19th, 2011, 09:13
Whatever we believe will never change truth.
Where I am in this does not require any belief.
Yes, they are here & have been a long while... & likely long before we were.
Exactly where do you think that "angels" & "demons" tales/myths/stories come from?

And before someone asks for proof, it doesn't work that way.

p.s.- Welcome back, Cloud9Gal. http://clicksmilies.com/s1106/cool/cool-smiley-004.gif Keep that data-mining vault a-growing. http://clicksmilies.com/s1106/lachen/laughing-smiley-016.gif

heywooood
April 19th, 2011, 09:17
yes - you need to watch Dan Ackroyd unplugged on the UFO phenomena...great documentary as you will see if you ermmm see it.

I saw one a few years ago over my house - I live near KSAN Lindberg field in San Diego.
It was just around 9:pm...there was a partial lunar eclipse and that is why I was outside looking up at about 1/4 elevation from the horizon. Just then a Southwest 737 was taking off and on departure they fly almost directly overhead...

I began to track the 737 when I saw movement above it at a right angle - I switched to the object and could just make out a large, perfect black wedge...there were no appendages visible at all...just like a giant old fashioned wedge shaped door stopper. Perfectly Black, no nav lights - no lights on it at all....and it was MOVING FAST.

If I were to estimate speed, I would say mach 6 or 7....as it was at unknown altitude and of unknown size I can only support that by saying that from directly overhead to the point where it disappeared from view took maybe 3 or 4 seconds. I think that had more to do with altitude than anything else, but because I had no way of knowing how big it was its hard to say. But - using the 737 for reference, and assuming the wedge was at 20,000' (there was a cumulus layer broken 2/8 at about 4,000' (the 737 was below that and the wedge was well above it) I think the wedge was much, much bigger than the 737...maybe 3-4 times larger as the wedge's length was roughly equal to the span of the much lower 737.

I tracked the wedge and then wondered at it flying over tower controlled airspace during normal operational hours at an international airport with lights out and decided to call KSAN tower to see if they saw it or tracked it on radar - I had the exact time and the Southwest flight, the course and estimated speed and estimated altitude to give them.

It took some time to locate a phone number for Lindberg tower - but I found it and called them - I got a feller on the phone who said he was the supervisor and gave him the information (this was after 9/11 and air traffic of this nature over controlled airspace at a large intl' airport would cause a scramble of F-18's from North Island or Miramar at least)

The man on the phone says no one in the tower observed any thing unusual - I heard him ask around...then he paused and asked me for my name ad phone number which I gave him. I hung up and called Tracon which is located on Miramar Rd a stones throw from MCAS Miramar and asked the supervisor there if they tracked the object...no was the answer. But the guy said he wanted to contact another Tracon and call me back, so I gave my name and number to him.

About an hour later I get a call - *Mr Scott? - speaking - *did you report an aircraft near Lindberg field this evening? - yes, thats right...who am I speaking too? - *Mr Scott can you describe the aircraft to me please? - Black, wedge shaped, large, clean with no appendages, no lights of any kind, traveling from northeast to southwest at approx. 6-7 mach and at unknown altitude but well above the cumulus cloud layer...
*Mr Scott we did not track any aircraft at the time or in the location you reference.
Ok, but where there any military flights scheduled at the same time? could it have been an SR type?
*Mr Scott - we did not track any aircraft at the time or location you reference.
Ok - but who am I SPEAKING TO?

*click*

that was it - at a time in our lives when air traffic was and still is under intense scrutiny and tight regulation and restriction, this unknown machine waltzed across the sky directly over a major commercial airport either completely unseen....or

heywooood
April 19th, 2011, 09:27
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/dan-aykroyd-unplugged-on-ufos/

Bill - if you haven't seen this - I assure you - it is well worth watching

heywooood
April 19th, 2011, 09:34
Thats pretty cool Beana. I hadnt heard of that.

One famous test pilot, I want to say it was Chuck Yeager, but I could be wrong,
LHC

it was Gordon Cooper...Gordo from the Right Stuff

kilo delta
April 19th, 2011, 11:40
bMGatrWkG2c
:icon_lol:

NWarty
April 19th, 2011, 12:18
Very cool story heywood! :salute:

heywooood
April 19th, 2011, 12:39
yeah it was an interesting night...I picture a couple of USAF types sitting around a desk in some generals office wondering how in the feck did some guy actually see their precious new SR75 in the sky, at night, with no lights on.

or what?

BtW - did you look at the documentary?

It is also available as an instant view from Netflix.

NWarty
April 19th, 2011, 13:00
I'll check it out on Netflix tonight since I'm at work right now.

My best friend works at a major TRACON, I should pick his brain as he loves UFO-type stuff too.

Major_Spittle
April 19th, 2011, 14:44
I assumed the poll was for intelligent life that created a spacecraft to travel millions of light years to end up here but were then "afraid" to let their presence be known or forgot to put brakes on their spaceship and then "crashed" into the planet right next to a "secret" military airforce base.

Well, doesn't sound completely logical to me but I will be sure to sign up to believe in that right after I decide to believe in a God that is afraid to let his presence be known but seemed to be pretty active in the past turning people to salt, flooding the planet, turning rivers to blood, parting seas..........

Not sure why my thought process deviates so much from the rest of societies?

heywooood
April 19th, 2011, 15:45
most of my interest comes in the form of entertainment...why couldn't a sentient person entertain the possibility of either scenario?

I have seen another object in the sky...thought it was a satellite.

in the neighborhood of Tierra del Sol Ca. in 1989

If you have ever seen a satellite in the night sky you will know that it looks like a star that sails across it in a straight line at a constant speed...slower than a shooting star or meteorite, and it has no tail.

We were where the university has an observation platform, a concrete pad with power outlets, for the use of the very powerful but portable telescopes one would use in an astronomy class.

anywho - one of the people in our party was looking up and saw one of these objects sailing across the sky and pointed it out...Just as I looked at it long enough to recognize it as a satellite I began to say it - "oh thats a satellite" but I didn't finish the sentence because as I said "oh"...it turned to an oblique angle (about a 60deg instant pivot) without slowing down at all...and accelerated away at more than twice the rate it had been moving before the course change.

non - geosynchronous orbiting satellites can be re-tasked but I know for a fact that that manoever is a gradual adjustment such that it takes several orbits of the earth by the satellite to achieve position over its new target. They do not just "hang a left" at Alba-koiky

NWarty
April 19th, 2011, 21:34
When I'm at Yakima Training Center, out in the field training, it's VERY easy to see all the satellites flying overhead (I sleep next to my HMMWV). It's pretty cool to see the sun glint off of them at times too.

heywooood
April 20th, 2011, 09:21
yeah - its pretty cool to look up and see one and know that there is an object that is useful on some level that we, as native to this planet, were able to put there...

the glinty-ness is cool too,

Lionheart
April 20th, 2011, 10:27
I had a older friend that was in the radar room of a base (I have no idea what kind, etc) but had to do with the Minete Man missles. They monitored for any incoming objects into American airspace, and this base watched for incomings along the East Coast.

He said many a times, they watched craft fly around at like 23,000 to 25,000 MPH. Couldnt trace them, couldnt intercept them, but there they were. They all knew what they were.

Edit, this was probably back in the early '60's.

Lionheart
April 20th, 2011, 10:35
Ok, here is one my my personal sightings.

I worked as a test driver, and sometimes on nightshift, out in the middle of no where, you see crazy stuff happen. One night, a friend and I were driving along, separate test cars, its about 9PM at night, and off to our left about 50 miles away is Sedona. Nice quiet evening, clear. Suddenly a 'very' bright falling star descends out out of the sky and a 'very' high rate of speed. Very bright, 'white' and extremely fast. I watch it and I dont know how to explain it, but it stops, no nothing visible. Normally a falling star turns into some debris, has some odd colors, like blue and green. This was pure white, and I swear it stopped.

I thought, 'they are never going to believe me, lol' and shrugged it off. My friend in the car in front of me radios back, 'Bill, did you see that?' I say 'yes..' He says 'did it look like it stopped?' I said 'yes...' lol.. that was it. I quiet drive home.

There was rumors of a secret base in Sedona in a place called Mystery Canyon or something similar. Hikers that got in there would drop and fall asleep, wakened up by armed military with black suits (Majestic?) and they were questioned why they were there. I have looked all over the area in GoogleEarth but cannot find roads that go to 'no where' where a underground base might be. Who knows....

I did get to see Majik Hummers once. Couldnt believe it. That morning, a reporting of a UFO landing in the median at I-40 near Flagstaff had been reported on the news. I get to work and we are assigned to drive a route that goes through Flagstaff. We are all cruising along in a row in test cars, and Voila, 4 black Hummers with M plates parked at a rest stop, lol... rare....

That program with Dan Ackroyd is pretty interesting.

beana51
April 20th, 2011, 11:15
This still is not explained,used in many ways, wrung out thousands of times,but never really interpreted!..Seems more than a leap of faith here,when modern thinking is applied!!!

http://www.bibleprophecyrevealed.us/main/ezekiel.html

heywooood
April 20th, 2011, 11:39
Ok, here is one my my personal sightings.

I did get to see Majik Hummers once. Couldnt believe it. That morning, a reporting of a UFO landing in the median at I-40 near Flagstaff had been reported on the news. I get to work and we are assigned to drive a route that goes through Flagstaff. We are all cruising along in a row in test cars, and Voila, 4 black Hummers with M plates parked at a rest stop, lol... rare....

That program with Dan Ackroyd is pretty interesting.

I thought that all the NASA STS (space shuttle) footage and audio was really interesting.
A lot more sightings than I was aware of are represented in the Dan Ackroyd doc.

I especially like the infra red camera footage...whats up with that??!

heywooood
April 20th, 2011, 11:51
This still is not explained,used in many ways, wrung out thousands of times,but never really interpreted!..Seems more than a leap of faith here,when modern thinking is applied!!!

http://www.bibleprophecyrevealed.us/main/ezekiel.html

yes Ezekiels writings and the book of Enoch have all been pored over, what is left of them that is - many believe that more of those texts have been lost or destroyed (by the various iterations of the followers of the accepted faith dealers of the period and since) due to their non conformity to the teachings of those churches both then and now.

this world is far older than we are currently led to believe, and a great number of civilizations have come and gone - just look at PumaPunku at Tiahuanaco and wonder at the machining of those incredibly huge diarite blocks....one look and you can see they were never chiseled.

They were machined - and manipulated with equipment we do not yet possess..and done thousands of years ago...

beana51
April 20th, 2011, 18:45
Very true Haywoood...Manchu Picchu.,the great pyramids,Lascaux,France,The great Cave paintings! is the settings all Representative of great knowledge ,skill,and power.We tend to marvel so much ,we give some other entity credit...I do not believe that.I think every generation has its great men,and has from the beginning!...the dreamers,the Planners,and the doers....Greece,Rome,the wall of Chinia,and so much more.....Like after Rome fell,the rural shepherds of Spain though only the devil could have constructed the Aqueducts,which still stand.....I like to look around me,and marvel at what we take for granted.Its Man ,and man alone who invented ,and are still doing wonderful things..I do not believe some "MONOLITH like in 2001 move,spurred man on...This computer,this very Flight Sim,unknown only a short time ago...which begs the question ,WHATS THE FUTURE TO BE??..Tomorrow??..what new marvel will we at first,attribute to mans genius,and then ask is that all there is.??...always Wanting , and creating more....That is if our evil Genius does not end us in nuclear annilation!.....Something which is mind boggling to think of...have other forms blown themselves up? This after reaching their zenith?And is that why the heavens are a loney place of extraordinary violence? and is that whats in our future?..CARPE DIEUM !...Wonder who told a deaf Beethoven.to compose the 9th Symphony. "The Ode to Joy.".....And Da Vinci to say so long ago.."For Once you Have tasted Flight you will walk The Earth With your Eyes Turned skyward,for there You have been,and there you long to return"..What did he mean??...was it "GOD SPEED JOHN GLENN"??

Thanx for letting me Bloviate with you.Its late now!..its Fun..Vin!!<label for="rb_iconid_20">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon22.gif</label>

Lionheart
April 20th, 2011, 19:53
yes Ezekiels writings and the book of Enoch have all been pored over, what is left of them that is - many believe that more of those texts have been lost or destroyed (by the various iterations of the followers of the accepted faith dealers of the period and since) due to their non conformity to the teachings of those churches both then and now.

this world is far older than we are currently led to believe, and a great number of civilizations have come and gone - just look at PumaPunku at Tiahuanaco and wonder at the machining of those incredibly huge diarite blocks....one look and you can see they were never chiseled.

They were machined - and manipulated with equipment we do not yet possess..and done thousands of years ago...

If you 'really' study Holy Scripture, you begin to see the big picture. You realise that the Angels (and there are many kinds, such as the Cherobum and Saraphum) are different races that are 'not' Human. Humanity was created 'after' the Angels. It talks about many races in the Bible, from the Neophalum (I think that is spelled wrong) to the 'stars that looked down upon Earth and saw it was good' in Genesis when Earth was finished.

The Neophalum were a race of giants dispatched to Earth to show Humanity how to live. The scouts under Moses/Joshua reported beings so tall as that humans looked like grasshoppers in comparison. Several giants lived past that party that were in Goshum. One descendent was Goliath who staved off the Army of Israel for perhaps 3 days, until a young boy filled with faith took him out with a slingshot. (I love that part).

Some eye-openers when you draw back and look at the big picture.

I forget where it was in the Bible, but it speaks of an Angel taking 20 min's to get to Earth from Heaven. I always think of that, how Angels can come and go, from the Garden World (I call Earth that) to HQ. Must be a wild flight.....

EDIT: A small tidbit of information from Scripture. Joshua, after Moses had passed on, was granted permission to come and go into HQ (Heaven) as when he needed. A human, allowed to go to Heaven when ever he needed.......

Something to ponder.

heywooood
April 20th, 2011, 21:32
our human history is fraught with huge, missing pieces and lost records - or records kept that can no longer be accurately deciphered...what is left is hazily misinterpreted at best..and intentionally misrepresented to support whatever religious fervor is the cause du jour at worst...until no one knows the true meaning anymore.

such is life so long after the Sumerians have come and gone

beana51
April 21st, 2011, 06:52
All very interesting....mans beliefs in something ...the after life...differant worlds or states of mind...like the purpose of the great Pyramids! a Vehicle to the after life!..And most of the great religions.. promise an after life......it can get carried away however..to the extreme...Virgins in heaven...all sitting on a cloud gazing at some super entity for ever ..or as shown not to long ago....Comet Hale– Bopp....Watching that for some time one can get caught up into some serous interpretations ......a hint of the unknown,a sign not to be discounted..the bringer of life or death.......This what some people thought...as they prepared themselves to make that journey... A Saturn-like object" following Hale–Bopp. UFO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unidentified_flying_object) enthusiasts, such as remote viewing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing) proponent Courtney Brown (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtney_Brown_%28researcher%29), soon concluded that there was an alien (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraterrestrial_life) spacecraft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacecraft) following the comet........A few months later, in March 1997, the Heaven's Gate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven%27s_Gate_%28religious_group%29) cult chose the appearance of the comet as a signal for their mass cult suicide (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_suicide). They claimed they were leaving their earthly bodies to travel to the spaceship following the comet...these not stupid people..there believe was strong

The Plausible Impossable, has done many people in since time began....Sorry for my typing...CHEERS Vin!!

Lionheart
April 22nd, 2011, 07:10
Ok, I finished watching the Dan Ackroyd interview.

Goosebumps!

The story of his show, all the episodes, taken down, cancelled by the Discovery Channel, right after seeing that super tall guy get out of the Ford sedan and staring him down, and then vanishing into thin air.... He was close enough that Dan should have seen the license plate, but couldnt make it out as it was 'fuzzy'... which also caught his attention.

Men in black...

Crazy...

heywooood
April 22nd, 2011, 18:18
one of the best documentaries on the phenomenon I have ever seen...and it features Dan Ackroyd...never expected that.

Who new he had so much interest and knowledge on the subject.

I thought the encounter with MIB was remarkable also

Lionheart
April 22nd, 2011, 20:24
So many people that have met MIB say they were just utterly 'really' wierd, like non Human. One person said that it was as if the person was running out of energy after the interview and was barely able to leave, like he was getting sick. Said he just didnt look human.

Who knows..

heywooood
April 23rd, 2011, 15:26
what did you make of the infra red video shot from the shuttle mission?

for those who have not seen the vid, there is a section of tether from a NASA shuttle EVA spacewalk - about 12' long that floats out of the shuttle bay...with the infra red camera filming, a large saucer shaped vehicle pops out of Earth atmosphere and passes behind the tether.

Using the tether for scale, and knowing their own (shuttle) altitude above the Earth...they estimate the diameter of the disc @ 3 miles.

that's a 3 mile diameter space ship disc saucer thinger...captured on NASA's own equipment and defying all conventional explanation....:kilroy:

SpitXIV
April 23rd, 2011, 15:41
My Father was having a company picnic in Casper Wyoming, this was in 1961.
I had just finished eating and was throwing my trash away. I walked to the N.W
corner of the eating area, about 8:30 I to the N.west and within 3 minutes the
craft was hovering over me. There were people all around the place, and the area
was all lit up. The craft had red, green, blue, and white lights going aroung the edge
of the craft. Another thing that got my attention was that there were trees all around this place. and not one leaf or branch was moving. The whole sighting lasted to me about
5 minutes total. Then the craft tilted forward and left going S. East as fast as it arrived.
It made no noise coming or going. I didn't tell anyone about it, for the same reason no
one else does. Then when Close Encounters came out. that's when I started telling
people about my sighting. I asked my brother if he remembers seeing anything strange
back then, he didn't. You'd think with that many people there someone would have seen it. Well there's my sighting experience. Once you see one like i did you never Forget it.
Sooo, if you ask me if I believe in UFO's or seen one, the answer is a resounding yes.

Lionheart
April 23rd, 2011, 19:07
what did you make of the infra red video shot from the shuttle mission?

for those who have not seen the vid, there is a section of tether from a NASA shuttle EVA spacewalk - about 12' long that floats out of the shuttle bay...with the infra red camera filming, a large saucer shaped vehicle pops out of Earth atmosphere and passes behind the tether.

That wasnt 12 feet long, it was many miles long. It was designed to capture/scoop Ions with in the Ionosphere while in orbit to gather huge amounts of electricity, but it became unstable and broke off.

The vehicles (giant mother ships) showed up several orbits later. Yep, huge discs and with dark centers. What was cool was how it came out of a portal opening. Literally like it came through a door, and many more were already there, like they were checking out something that happened.

How many were there?

How do you mass produce that many Mother ships????? Do you know how much materials and things you would need for one that huge? Goodness.. And we complain about the cost of the space shuttle, lol...

Lionheart
April 23rd, 2011, 19:11
My Father was having a company picnic in Casper Wyoming, this was in 1961.
I had just finished eating and was throwing my trash away. I walked to the N.W
corner of the eating area, about 8:30 I to the N.west and within 3 minutes the
craft was hovering over me. There were people all around the place, and the area
was all lit up. The craft had red, green, blue, and white lights going aroung the edge
of the craft. Another thing that got my attention was that there were trees all around this place. and not one leaf or branch was moving. The whole sighting lasted to me about
5 minutes total. Then the craft tilted forward and left going S. East as fast as it arrived.
It made no noise coming or going. I didn't tell anyone about it, for the same reason no
one else does. Then when Close Encounters came out. that's when I started telling
people about my sighting. I asked my brother if he remembers seeing anything strange
back then, he didn't. You'd think with that many people there someone would have seen it. Well there's my sighting experience. Once you see one like i did you never Forget it.
Sooo, if you ask me if I believe in UFO's or seen one, the answer is a resounding yes.

Very cool story SpitXIV!

Its funny how some people react when they see something that incredible. Some just refuse to believe it anyways, even if its right there in front of you.

Whats really freaky is if you were looking into the eyes of an alien with eyes the size of grapefruit, and you can 'hear' it talk to you in your mind! Now that must be a bit 'disconcerting?'

heywooood
April 24th, 2011, 09:25
thanks for the correction on the tether, it has been a while since I watched the documentary...

have you seen the film " The Fourth Kind" yet?

this is about encounters where people are in direct contact with one or more ET

the people only remember vague 'dreams' with 'owls' and a sense of fear or terror related to the idea that these owls are looking at them...only under hypnoses do the people see what the owls really are - and you get the sense that we, or most people, would take something impossible or difficult to grasp - and filter it into something familiar...so they could handle it.

large eyed, short in stature, leathery skinned other worldly looking critters might be recalled as owls for the sake of ones own sanity...

it is an interesting film in that it was taken from the writings and actual recordings of a real psychologist who interviewed and recorded the sessions she had with a handful of folks - not to give away too much of the story

Lionheart
April 24th, 2011, 12:36
thanks for the correction on the tether, it has been a while since I watched the documentary...

have you seen the film " The Fourth Kind" yet?

this is about encounters where people are in direct contact with one or more ET

the people only remember vague 'dreams' with 'owls' and a sense of fear or terror related to the idea that these owls are looking at them...only under hypnoses do the people see what the owls really are - and you get the sense that we, or most people, would take something impossible or difficult to grasp - and filter it into something familiar...so they could handle it.

large eyed, short in stature, leathery skinned other worldly looking critters might be recalled as owls for the sake of ones own sanity...

it is an interesting film in that it was taken from the writings and actual recordings of a real psychologist who interviewed and recorded the sessions she had with a handful of folks - not to give away too much of the story

Yep! Scary movie. Makes you think. There are some that think or believe and or heard that the United States made a deal with the grays that they could 'experiment' on citizens in exchange for technology, so long as no one was hurt, but that it has become out of hand, with people actually disappearing, etc.

There is also talk that scientists work with these aliens at a couple of bases, and at once base, 50+ scientists were 'taken' or siezed (we decided we want your scientists now) and the marines (or some delta group) tried to take them back, and there was a LOT of bloodshead, and a break down in the treaty and now, after several years, the treaty is 'slightly' back in place.

That is only hearsay though from a large number of people. No 'evidence'.

Bill

heywooood
April 24th, 2011, 16:56
Black Mesa..? lol

anything is possible Bill - that's the intrigue I guess...all the cards are in play

Clarke123
April 24th, 2011, 18:20
Sorry but it was all made up for the film. There was no real psychologist or interview recordings and the hypnosis sessions were concocted from other stories.

beana51
April 24th, 2011, 19:46
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fourth_Kind Tells a lot here!

For me ,there was one story of alien abduction that has stuck with me..they in there testimony were ,in 1961,far too advanced in what they related and reported.to have seen.....The concept in the movies then was totally devoid of any believability!...they were devoid of any knowledge we take for granted today!

Betty and Barney Hill were an American (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States) married couple who claimed to have been abducted by extraterrestrials (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraterrestrial_life) on September 19–20, 1961....again this is a fair account of this....This couple were very believable. I think their story set the pattern of forgers,wannabes, Copycats,and dam liars!.....<label for="rb_iconid_17">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon27.gif</label>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_and_Barney_Hill_abduction

heywooood
April 24th, 2011, 22:21
Sorry but it was all made up for the film. There was no real psychologist or interview recordings and the hypnosis sessions were concocted from other stories.

its all disputed...there are always two sides to a story like this one...

if the video taped interviews were faked it is still a good story...a lot of people in that region at that time disappeared or killed themselves and it is still unsolved

either way it is a decent film

Clarke123
April 25th, 2011, 02:46
its all disputed...there are always two sides to a story like this one...

if the video taped interviews were faked it is still a good story...a lot of people in that region at that time disappeared or killed themselves and it is still unsolved

either way it is a decent film
Not really disputable in that everyone in the film was a paid actor. The "real" Dr. Abigail Tyler for example is an actress called Charlotte Milchard. I agree it's a good story and the people behind it used things like the spate of real deaths in Nome, most were attributed to weather conditions, alcohol or both and several people are still unaccounted for. The production team were subject to a lawsuit for the use of faked newspaper headlines and universal pictures admitted they created and spread faked online news stories and obituaries to add to the "realism" and hype the movie. I'm not arguing the alien case I'm just saying the movie is just a movie.

warchild
April 25th, 2011, 04:11
I dont know about abductions.. I suppose another race would look at us no differently than we look at animals, or perhaps because some "humans" mated with Seraphim ( what we know read as "giants" in the book of genesis ) which means something like people from the sky, then perhaps they are checking back on their progeny... Who knows.. I do know that in my lifetime, i have seen a lot of inexplicable aerial phenomena, and at least a couple times it was too close for comfort.. The tether in the video was indeed several miles long, but the puoported UFO's gracefully floating about it could be ( and have been ) proven to be nothing more than particles of dust floating around in the vacuum between the two panes of glass on the window. A far more significant moment of that film is when you see what could be a meteorite moving towards earth from the left side of the screen, when it makes an abrupt 90 degree turn towards the camera. Some may argue that that is a meteorite skipping off the atmosphere and taken from an odd angle,but i personally dont believe it is..

Lionheart
April 25th, 2011, 10:16
I dont know about abductions.. I suppose another race would look at us no differently than we look at animals, or perhaps because some "humans" mated with Seraphim ( what we know read as "giants" in the book of genesis ) which means something like people from the sky, then perhaps they are checking back on their progeny... Who knows..

Hey Pam,

That was actually the Nephelum, not the Seruaphum. ;) The Seraphum have 3 sets of wings, also large, but fly. The giants in Goshem didnt fly. Well, they couldnt fly on their own. It is written that the Nephelum did come from the sky though.

Lionheart
April 25th, 2011, 10:20

Why would they say that it was based on real story? If they make a movie and say its based on a true story, I can see them going outside of the lines a bit, but not totally...

Oddly, many (many) airliner sightings of UFO's come from over Alaska, and oddly, they are all the size of 747's or larger, and flying several times faster then the 747's reporting in the sightings; vehicles flying next to them, then shooting far into the forward distance and stopping, playing chicken with airliners filled with innocent people.

And this is not fake, this is actual reports and recordings from ATC.

Terry
April 25th, 2011, 11:09
And this is not fake, this is actual reports and recordings from ATC.

But perhaps ATC personel were sleep walking and talking!:sleep:

pfflyers
April 25th, 2011, 14:33
To those who think UFO's are alien spacecraft I would ask "what do you suppose is the reason they like to play chicken with airliners over Alaska?"

Seems to me there must be some explanation closer to home.

heywooood
April 25th, 2011, 15:34
ok - as I have said, my main interest in this stuff is the controversy itself, as well as the fact that the nature of some of what you see - or read - defies explanation or dismissal

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/18/the-jfk-ufo-connection-bogus-documents-or-unanswered-questions/

read the article or don't - respect the credentials of the investigators or don't

I found it interesting as it covers the 'majestic 12' documents and refers to the 'association' behind the misinformation machinery...

more Black Mesa stuff lol..

beana51
April 25th, 2011, 16:42
With due respect,...its hard for me and others ,that any Seceret can be just that ..a SECRET?....In the USA? A free society?.the Freedom of Information Act.I doubt if there are any secretes at all left...We could not keep "DA BOMB" secret!...the whole cold war was Finding out what the other guy was doing!.What with satellites that can read your license plate from space,.. they,and we knew!!...the HUBBELL Scope ,by now could have detected stuff,but there is the secrete thing again! Other than ideological reasons,its MONEY! and that opens any door,unlocks any secrete!.....One can only be staggered as to the amount of it a verified leak is worth!...Any body with proof of any verifiable incident,will be a ZILLIONARE ...the biggest story since creation,Mind-boggling in its effect.and impact on world governments,and religions!..IT WOULD REALLY BE THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL!....Again ,no disrespect to the interesting diversity of ope-ion,and stories here,..Great Stuff!..Entertaining!..But there has to be PROOF!.a nut ,a bolt,a bone,proven,physical to be verified alien ,and not part of this world!!.picture,sightings,stories, are not doing it!....this is not a leap of faith! but has to be BIG scientific reality!..........Cheers all.,Have fun!.Vin!!<label for="rb_iconid_17">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon27.gif</label>

Lionheart
April 26th, 2011, 08:34
No more cool UFO stories?

Terry
April 26th, 2011, 08:39

Just keep an eye on West Mesa!!!!

heywooood
April 26th, 2011, 08:58

here is some stuff....be sure to click on the links within the main article...fascinating

http://dsc.discovery.com/space/qa/alien-ufo-edgar-mitchell.html

another NASA astronaut with an interesting foundation

SpitXIV
April 26th, 2011, 09:01
To those who think UFO's are alien spacecraft I would ask "what do you suppose is the reason they like to play chicken with airliners over Alaska?"

They do it because they(UFOS) can. Also ufos hang aound military bases that's my closer to home theory. Who's going to challenge them?

heywooood
April 26th, 2011, 09:09

I can imagine some pacific islanders out near the coral reefs one day in 1940 doing what they do in their outrigger canoes, when along comes a Navy PT boat..

lets assume these islanders had never seen anything so machined and manufactured before, or heard an internal combustion engine before....can you imagine the crew of the PT boat gunning the engine? running up and overtaking the natives at high speed just to see their reaction?

do you think that would be purely a human interaction?
I think it has been established that most intelligent life forms "play"
Dolphin play, large apes play, dogs, (not often considered intelligent but I have a royal standard poodle that would argue that point)...play

why wouldn't others also play

warchild
April 26th, 2011, 12:51
I think, sifting your way through the ufo conundrim is never going to be a simple matter.. Of course in part UFO's are closer to home.. A picture exists and was seen on national television showing a pulsed vapor trail stretching a quarter of the way across the atlantic, that was taken from an orbiting satellite. Whatever plane it was, was moving faster than anything we currently and publicly know about. However, Aurora doesnt exist..
We seek a truth, but we base our judgement of that truth on words and pictures, and yet, a truth within itself is neither words nor pictures, but rather a fundamental element of existence. Judgements can be flawed. They are easily influenced by ones peers, ones passions and even ones prejudices.. but they are only judgments none the less, and are not related to the truth. We have to accept that all we see, are glimpses of pieces of that truth: that the CIA has and is using the UFO phenomena as a general screening manuever to hide their advanced aircraft behind, that not all abducties are telling the truth, and that on a fundemental level, all civilizations share a common set of drives and motivations. We also have to accept that in any given dimension or universe that there will be those who would destroy and those that would construct, and the difference between the two is no broader than the viewpoint of the observer and their judgment.
UFO's from somewhere other than this world exist. How and why they got here, i dont know, and until we can do it ourselves, none of us will, however, that does not change the fundamental truth that we are not the only civilization in the universe, and we are very young in our development, and very precocious . Hell, we just learned how to get into the air and we think we can determine the validity of someone elses ability to transcend space time and whatever.. Arent we being just a wee bit arrogant??

Lionheart
April 26th, 2011, 19:10
Hell, we just learned how to get into the air and we think we can determine the validity of someone elses ability to transcend space time and whatever.. Arent we being just a wee bit arrogant??

Warchild

Well put!

Lionheart
April 26th, 2011, 19:11
Just keep an eye on West Mesa!!!!

Where is this at?

warchild
April 27th, 2011, 03:35
I forget which state but its in the middle of a reservation if i'm thinking of the correct mesa.Hell on earth is closer to the truth if rumors are correct.Asrumored,its an underground complex where in joint research and development of a hybrid human species is being developed by a joint effort between the american military and alien scientists.. Theoretically, investigation into the site by the UFO Hunters team and they're purported discovery of evidence from within that site is the reason behind the cancellation of the History Channels UFO Hunters television series. Although the episode was never aired, its available on the web, and some may find it worth watching ( if only for entertainment value ). Since none of the local tribal residents will say anything at all out of fear for their lives apparently, everything about the place is questionable speculation at best..
Personally I'd be more interested in Mexico's Roswell, where an alien craft crashed in northern mexico. The Mexican government sent a team out to investigate it and retrieve it if possible, but reportedly, an american military team also arrived on the scene, and found all the mexicans dead or something like that, then loaded the craft onto their truck, and came back across the border.. the video of it is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwdXw2Rbv38 and is somewhat more believable than Bill Barnes..

beana51
April 27th, 2011, 09:12
Looking for something that's not there???..Or is it??....now like our Space program,that seeking falling victim to that insidious aliment, LACKAFUNDS!.....unfortunate!!<label for="rb_iconid_15">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon28.gif</label>

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_alien_center_shutdown

Lionheart
April 27th, 2011, 22:32
One thing that really intriqued me on an episode last year on Stargate Universe was where they find a completely new Solar system. New star, new planets... Wasnt there before, didnt drift into a Galaxy and park there.. It was totally new.

A race or being that had the ability to create Solar Systems had created it.

Just think...... What a wild concept. Having the ability to make stars, worlds, creating a functioning, balanced, precision running Solar System. Making one of the planets a green garden world.

Lionheart
April 30th, 2011, 08:04
When I was a kid, there were TONS of books on UFO's. I used to paruse them at the Library, rent them, read them back to back.

So much was documented back then. Now all those books are gone! Erased...

One book I rented several times was filled with some pretty wild accounts. A famous sighting was a brilliant looking flying saucer over some mountains in Brazil, taken from a ship. The saucer was slightly glowing white, black and white photos. That was a famous one.

Another was of many sightings of the famous 'acorn shaped' objects. These are about the size of a giant Bell, with a cap or hatch on the top, perhaps 5 feet high or more, maybe about 6 feet in diameter, shiny chrome like hull. These were usually photographed hovering, and were always 'sideways' or 'on end'. Never pointing upwards. One famous photo back in the 70's was of one taken by hikers. They looked over, and silently setting there in the air next to the mountain they were climbing, was this metal acorn shaped object, soundlessly watching them, hovering there.

What if the Germans in WWII had actually 'found' one of these (or shot it down, etc) and were trying to reverse engineer the thing back in late WWII? The Bell project?

If the occupants are indeed that small (3 feet or less), then that would be a pretty roomy little craft. Not for a human though... Well, a kid maybe. ;)

Bill

Lionheart
April 30th, 2011, 08:09
Another tidbit.

I was watching a documentary on Discovery or National Geographic, things about UFO's, etc. An engineer was talking about the new super materials and how UFOs possibly (or do) use them. One was a hyper dense fluid, like Mercury, but very very dense (heavy) and yet it could pour through a metal tank like it was a coffee filter. The fluid has to be partially held by a magnetic field to keep it inside or 'contained'.

The 'Bell' in Germany had something similar. Red Mercury, a very rare element and very lethal if in contact with the human skin. The Bell's inner engine was filled with this stuff and you had to stand 'next to' or beside this container, which was the entire center of the craft. Imagine that vessel rupturing and you are standing next to it, at 25,000 feet altitude. Ack!

Anyways... Tidbits...

heywooood
April 30th, 2011, 10:49
somewhere I read an account of large spheres of mercury being charged with electricity and spun in the center of an electromagnetic field - to replicate a situation the engineers had seen in a damaged machine of unknown origin...the results were classified.

looking back - over the last few decades since Roswell and the other So. Cal machine that was recovered offshore after it was spotted in the evening and shot down in 1942 on Feb.24 @ 10:30 pm - we see rapid discovery and developments in computer technology, communication, composite materials, and stealth technology, however, we do not seem to have developed any surprising leaps in power generation, utiilization, or engine technologies in the same time frame.

Instead, those sciences have developed apace of what one would expect in our normal, projected development cycles.

Maybe reverse engineering in those two catagories are proving to be more than we can deal with at present.

Lionheart
April 30th, 2011, 11:29
Its funny you bring that up.

That person Larzarus (I think is his name) that worked at Area 51, was talking about the saucer he was working on. The reactor ran on a element that was casted or machined into triangle plates. The AF had given it a number on the periodic charts (new) and it was extremely dense. It was 'totally' foreign to anything on Earth, so once it is depleted, no more test flights.

Now... What if the LHC project (super collider) in Switzerland is based on creating 'new' elements for just such a thing? Perhaps they are also trying to 'replicate' materials that would be used for such engines, etc.

Just an idea.

heywooood
April 30th, 2011, 12:07
are you familiar with Nicola Tesla's attempt to provide free electric power to the world by tapping into the Earths telluric currents which he had determined do not only travel through the oceans, but also travel through the continental plates along the ley lines typically?

Free energy provided by the largest engine available to us next to the sun...our own planet.

this is one BIG battery we live on...

I know this is OT - but sometimes I feel like the answers to all of our questions are right here in front of us...and we are missing it by looking at our feet, instead of the road ahead...

'cant see the forest for the trees' and all that

Lionheart
April 30th, 2011, 20:20
I know Tesla knew and tried alot of fascinating work and idea's. I didnt know the details of the one you just spoke of. His work was pioneering.

I like his 'frequency destroyer' that could level a building with a frequency set that would, after time, destroy the bricks in the building, done with a small box fitted to the side of the building.

Some say his designs did some damage to terrain in the world, such as in Russia. I think some of that is rumours. Tesla coils are quite powerful though and a very amazing technology.

You know they just found that when big lightning strikes occur from a thunderhead, that a giant bolt of anti-matter shoots opposite out into space from the thunderhead cloud. This is an amazing find. They learned this from a Euro SAT scanner that searches stars, it happened to be able to see AM through a filter it has and was filming it.

Imagine AM being a natural occurring phenomenon..

Bill

emfrat
May 1st, 2011, 01:18
As to UFOs, I would like to see one and if it comes from another universe, so much the better...they might be able to give me a lift home :wavey:
MikeW

TomSteber
May 1st, 2011, 05:09
That person Larzarus (I think is his name) that worked at Area 51, was talking about the saucer he was working on.

Bob Lazar I believe. Some say he's very credible, others say he can't prove anything. Jury's still out for me. But, as Mulder used to say, "I want to believe".

Lionheart
May 2nd, 2011, 21:50
Thats him Tom, Lazar.

Thanks.

That was the saucer I thought of in the first part of this post. Its a 3 passenger.

Supposedly a small 1 passenger was accidentally shot down during Desert Storm one. Recovered in the desert, big hole in the hull.

nigel richards
May 3rd, 2011, 13:53
I believe in UFO's...saw one once! And in any case how does Rami get round so fast!
I believe in aliens, too. Met a few.
I believe in conspiracies, there's certainly a few fishy things going on around.

I believe, also, after reading all the posts in this thread, that its time to have a chat with my shrink...anyone seen him...where's he got to...HEH! Milton!

heywooood
May 3rd, 2011, 22:42
I know Tesla knew and tried alot of fascinating work and idea's. I didnt know the details of the one you just spoke of. His work was pioneering.

I like his 'frequency destroyer' that could level a building with a frequency set that would, after time, destroy the bricks in the building, done with a small box fitted to the side of the building.

Some say his designs did some damage to terrain in the world, such as in Russia. I think some of that is rumours.
Bill

there is some speculation that a similar device, using ultra low frequency modulation or harmonized modulation was used by Joshua (and friends) to bring down the walls of Jericho...there is mention of a mighty horn or trumpet after all :kilroy:

Tesla tested his device in New York city...a very small version of it which he thought would be sufficient and safe for use in his own apartment - he was surprised when it caused a small panic in the neighborhood as many windows were shattered and some bricks fell from the facades of the buildings across the street - the police were called but Tesla had already destroyed the little 'toy'

Lionheart
May 9th, 2011, 15:37
I dont know about Joshua using that as a Harmonics. Perhaps when the Lord told him to do so, it caused the effect. All I know is He said to do 7 laps around that city and the walls would come down and they sure did. :)

I have heard of that device of Tesla's. Radical concept.

pilottj
May 9th, 2011, 18:04
UFOs are facinating. UFOs and aliens showing on ancient carvings and paintings, and the speculation that they were involved in our ancient history is also facinating. I have heard one theory that a couple of alien races had an epic battle on earth. This battle could possibly have over one race viewing interaction with earth some kind of 'prime directive' type violation, and thus having a conflict with the violating race.

Lionheart
May 9th, 2011, 20:30
I have heard one theory that a couple of alien races had an epic battle on earth. This battle could possibly have over one race viewing interaction with earth some kind of 'prime directive' type violation, and thus having a conflict with the violating race.

How about the one that aligns with the ancient texts from 5,000 years ago, where we had 10 planets, and one was destroyed that is now where the asteroid belt is. They also counted the planets from the outer rings inward, which means that Earth was number 7, Mars was 8, Venus was 9, and Mercury was 10..

Also, in the texts, Mars would visit..

So.. what happened?

Lionheart
May 13th, 2011, 19:30
On Yahoo, some UFO's (2) were reported over the Great Lakes this evening from Michigan. I guess from what I read and heard, they were moving too fast to be airplanes (guy taking the movie) and they were also hovering (news agency reporting it, which was on YouTube, going viral).

Pretty cool that we can get first hand information... lol... CNN also has a news reporting link for people with first hand news and film.

Lionheart
May 22nd, 2011, 07:16
I just remembered this morning, that back in my test driver days, I had seen 6 mutilated cows before.

These were lined up along a road we would take to Aguila Arizona, off the Interstate Highway that takes you to California. Taking the off ramp, about 1/2 mile into the desert, still on tarmac, I noticed 4 dead cow corpses, then another two about 50 yards past those. I didnt know what to think, except, 'dead cows!'. I would get a newsletter from the local MUFON group, and a week or two later, I read that there are cow mutilations near Aguila. I remember, I had been seeing the same cows still along that route. So, the next time we drive by them on that route, I take note, drive slowly past. They are still there! But... This is whats wierd. There is 'no' flesh decay. Their mouths and groin area's were 'cut out', with some very nicely done cut lines, curves and straight lines, like they were stamped out, and with black edges. Each cow was left on the road, with the belly facing roadward, cow on the side edge, heads all pointing toward one direction, as though lined up neatly, right on the side of the road.

These cows must have been there an entire month! They never did rot. The hair became faded or dusty on the top, but the flesh didnt decay. In the hot desert, a carcus becomes hollowed out in days, sometimes 4 days leaves you with hardly anything but bits of torn carcus. These were there the entire time, untouched by wildlife or biological organisms (break down of flesh, maggots, etc).

Very wierd..

Just another one of those personal sightings during my days as a test driver.

Lionheart
May 29th, 2011, 10:52
OK.. I remembered another one from my test driver days.

Driving out of Sedona one day, about 3 of us in Rovers departing Sedona via the 179 highway. Passing the Circle-K store, very tight traffic, one lane each way. We were coming into a very large dip in the highway still in the outskirts of town. A red large metallic burgandy Ford sedan was coming at me, about 40 yards ahead. A very decorated Air Force officer was chatting and laughing with the passenger. I looked and nearly freaked out. He was short, sitting in the passenger seat low, but could see out. His head was huge and giant eyes, but you could see whites in his eyes. He was looking around. At one 'millisecond' we made eye contact as they drove right past me in the on coming lane.

His eyes were HUGE...! HUGE! I was speechless for a long while. None of my driver team saw it, only me. The windows were 'very' tinted from the sides, but the windshield was not.

Believe it or not...

I have seen a guy here in Phoenix that has a very displaced face. One eye is inches higher then the other, and he walks around in stores and places. I have seen him several times. I had thought at first this was one such person, but adding things up, I can pretty well figure what I had seen.

Mind you, it could be a cruel joke by the AF, lololol... But the eyes were moving. He looked right at me. It wasnt a costume. It literally freaked me out.

I remembered this as I passed the Sedona exit yesterday. Thought I would share that with you all...

Bill

SpitXIV
May 29th, 2011, 11:06
Does anyone here watch the History Channel? they're doing a show on ancient civilisations and the connection to UFO's as I post. :running:

Lionheart
May 29th, 2011, 13:29
Yep. Pretty cool.

I kind of made a connection on the 'Bell' project from Germany WWII. The object looks like the top center of the 'floating ships' that were 5,000 years old, and the glyphs on the sides of it are similar to that indian language of all those texts, which makes me think, the Nazis somehow found one of the engines and got it running, lol... It doesnt look like it can hold people. The entire engineering staff of the 'Bell' were shot so that the Allies couldnt get the information on the project.

But that would explain why it would have glyphs on the side perimeter, such as the one in Keksberg USA (however that is spelled).

Another thing was how gravity can effect time and light. If a small engine was powerful enough, it could bend time, thus acting like a time machine in a very small way. That might have been the purpose of the Bell project, as they stated, as they called it an incredible weapon, but it didnt have weaponry, so maybe they were trying to use an old engine to make a jump in time.

Sounds strange, but reality can sometimes be stranger then fiction.

Another thing. In reading the biography of that General from the Roswell craft recovery, when he went into the crashed craft, he was in there for 40 or 45 min's, but he himself said he went in, looked around, noted the engine was still running, and went right back out.. It was very tight, as it was designed for 6 passengers the size of small children in Kindergarten or 1st grade. When he came out, they wondered where he was for so long. So perhaps the engine of the craft was damaged and was bending time? Who knows. Interesting though. Einstein was talking how how Light, Time, and Gravity inter-react....

Bill

beana51
May 30th, 2011, 09:14
There is a Great Egyptologest in Egypt.DR. . Zahi Hawa'ss.He is often featured on the science channels...He Did have a program ,for education and entertaiment ...in this program he alway proclaimed to those who told him about Mummys...he would Shout.."SHOW ME THE MUMMY"....Not unlike the Missouri "Show-Me" State?....its not that I Personnel y do not belief that some intelligence exists , for it does,every where in the know universe,its that as of TODAY...No one can Show Me THE UFO here on EARTH!...not a nut or Bolt,a Head bone,or a finger,a Machine or a chart..so far NOTHING !!..Those who point out a secret well kept,truly make me doubt more so.for That information is in the hands of Politicians,and they are notorious in leaking ANYTHING!.Yet its fun to conjecture this subject.....but Seeing is believing!!...CHEERS Vin!<label for="rb_iconid_15">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon28.gif</label>

SpitXIV
May 30th, 2011, 11:23
Here's a link to coasttocoast show last night i think it applies here.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2011/05/29

look below when you get there. It's called Area 51 secrets.