PDA

View Full Version : Maui Scenery

Smashing Time
April 11th, 2011, 05:16
Has anybody tried the new Maui landclass scenery by Charles Reid?
I get about 6 fps when using it.

mal998
April 11th, 2011, 06:19
I set it up last week and like it alot. No FR problems so far. As you may be able to see from my screenies, frames are right up where they should be according to my 20fps lock. Check your install again. It was not that easy to follow his instructions.

mal

Mr.Mugel
April 11th, 2011, 06:25
Tried it yesterday, took off at Kahului, had some bad frames there, too, in DX10, was better when flying over the observatieries to Hana. Just took quite some time to get the Catalina up to 11.000'... Scenery looks quite nice!

Smashing Time
April 11th, 2011, 16:22
I set it up last week and like it alot. No FR problems so far. As you may be able to see from my screenies, frames are right up where they should be according to my 20fps lock. Check your install again. It was not that easy to follow his instructions.

mal

According to his instructions there are three folders that are put in the scenery addon directory. What else need to be done?

falcon409
April 11th, 2011, 18:57
I decided to try this because I spent a week in paradise in the early 80's and wanted to see how it stood up to my recollections. It was mentioned that the instructions are a bit confusing and I think the reason for that is that the developer has tried to include not only a straight forward installation for "first-time" users, but also options for those who have earlier versions of other scenery packages or AFCADS that might conflict. You can easily get lost in the "if you have this, then use this and that, but not these" maze. I see why he did it that way, and if you fall into that group who might have previous scenery files, then it's necessary, but yes, it was a bit confusing at first.

After getting the three folders I needed installed and activated, I started at Kahului Airport and made my way immediately up to Haleakala since I had visited the volcano when I was there. It was very much like I remembered and even included the Observatory and Visitors Center which sits on the rim of the volcano at approx 10,000. Don't get out of your car and run to the Visitors Center. . .you won't make it halfway before you have to stop and catch your breath and the parking lot isn't that big, lol. I enjoyed the sightseeing around the mouth of the volcano and then started a steep decent to Hana Airport on the eastern cost. The images show it pretty well and the decent was a blast, down the side of the Volcano, over the small village that is Hana, a slow left turn out over the black lava beaches and right down onto the rwy. Full Stop!

I still have a lot to explore and this scenery makes it very enjoyable, whether you've been there just recently, or almost 30 years ago.:salute:

falcon409
April 11th, 2011, 19:03
. . . . .and here's the rest!

Smashing Time
April 12th, 2011, 05:44
Strange, I don't have any other scenery, afcads, previous versions, etc. for Hawaii other than FS Genisis terrain mesh for Hawaii-thats it. I have a fast computer, graphics, and no other scenery packages I have does this.

mal998
April 12th, 2011, 06:03
As stated in the readme make sure that the new scenery sits on top of the FSGenesis mesh.

Also, is that the default Mooney? Try using a differnt aircraft to see if that is impacting frames (not likely, but just a thought). :-)

Smashing Time
April 12th, 2011, 15:44
yes no