PDA

View Full Version : Retro RNAS Yeovilton W.I.P

Hooky722
April 10th, 2011, 17:35
Hi all

Just an update. Ian Elliot and I (well Ian Mainly...) have been Hard at work on the Retro Yeovilton scenery project for fs9. Ian has been working his magic on the control tower, AFCAD and buildings and over the weekend I managed to get some AI sorted. (sorry Hunter fans Phantoms only until i can find a suitable/Relatively Frame friendly Hunter T8/GA11 to use.) Special Thanks should be made to Ian for all his effort and help on this project he's been really patient (particularly when I've been being extremely Dense!) and the contributions he's made to the project have been astounding.

Heres some screenies of the work so far:

Regards

Hooky:salute:

WarHorse47
April 10th, 2011, 18:29
Nice work. Should go greeat with my Sea Vixens, Vampires and Venoms.
:ernae:

--WH

Jagdflieger
April 10th, 2011, 21:04
Just the ticket for my 50s-60s theme FS 9.

nigel richards
April 13th, 2011, 01:49
Looks like I can finely park my Seafuries, Fireflies, Seahawks and Stringbags where they deserve. Look forward to this one. Good work gents! :salute:

Hooky722
April 15th, 2011, 11:55
Hi All,

Firstly thanks to all of you for your kind comments and continued support for this project Just a quick update Ian's placing a few more objects for me but he had to reinstall FS9 last week due to an rather severe software issue As soon as he is back up and running we'll be back in business. Ian suggested last week a retro RNAS megapack, consisting of Yeovilton, Culdrose, Portland. Merryfield, and Predannack. The Afcad's for 3 out for these 4 have already been completed ( I still haven't quite finished Merryfield.) Culdrose has been fitted with buildings and traffic will hopefully soon follow. may take a little longer but I'm hoping it will be worth the extra wait!

Kindest regards,

Hooky

Desert Rat
April 15th, 2011, 13:09
Hooky and Ian,

This sounds great, looking forward to the results, just finished reading Phoenix Squadron and that has got me in the mood for some retro RN flying. Is the old DSB UK fighters pack still available somewhere, whilst they had no VC the Banana is still a mighty fine model (they surpassed the F-4's themselves, plus the freeware alphas are available to.)

Jamie

Hooky722
April 15th, 2011, 13:48
Hooky and Ian,

This sounds great, looking forward to the results, just finished reading Phoenix Squadron and that has got me in the mood for some retro RN flying. Is the old DSB UK fighters pack still available somewhere, whilst they had no VC the Banana is still a mighty fine model (they surpassed the F-4's themselves, plus the freeware alphas are available to.)

Jamie

I'm not sure about the DSB pack I've been wanting to get hold of it myself but It was VRAF freeware and I believe Only available from sharing but was never available from a download site or something along those lines I'm not quite sure? would like to look at the Banana but i've been putting alot of time and effort into the old Alpha one lately btw does anybody hove or know of an Ai wessex???? need one for portland and culdrose???

Hooky:salute:

Motormouse
April 15th, 2011, 13:54
Hooky and Ian,

Jamie

It's 'available' ; as in permitted to share; but may not be uploaded to any site.

ttfn

Pete

Motormouse
April 15th, 2011, 13:58
Hi All,

Firstly thanks to all of you for your kind comments and continued support for this project Just a quick update Ian's placing a few more objects for me but he had to reinstall FS9 last week due to an rather severe software issue As soon as he is back up and running we'll be back in business. Ian suggested last week a retro RNAS megapack, consisting of Yeovilton, Culdrose, Portland. Merryfield, and Predannack. The Afcad's for 3 out for these 4 have already been completed ( I still haven't quite finished Merryfield.) Culdrose has been fitted with buildings and traffic will hopefully soon follow. may take a little longer but I'm hoping it will be worth the extra wait!

Kindest regards,

Hooky

And Brawdy / Lossiemouth too if you're going 'retro' (there's already a fairly nice Lee-on-Solent and Ford)

ttfn

Pete

Hooky722
April 15th, 2011, 14:08
And Brawdy / Lossiemouth too if you're going 'retro' (there's already a fairly nice Lee-on-Solent and Ford)

ttfn

Pete

Ahh I forgot about Lossie! shame on me! Ian put together a Quick version for me its got the main features Tower, hangers, Buccs but I'll have a word and see if he's ok with it being included in the final download. as for Brawdy I'll have to look into it. not sure the history of the place around that time I know it was RAF Hunter HQ for a while.

Regards

Hooky

AndyG43
April 15th, 2011, 14:24
It's 'available' ; as in permitted to share; but may not be uploaded to any site.

ttfn

Pete

Unfortunately I lost mine in one of the HD crashes, but more than happy with the Alpha versions of both.

ian elliot
April 16th, 2011, 11:50
Just thought i'd chip in, this is one of those moments when you messing with an afcad or a traffic file and the next thig you know, things have spiral'd into a full blown project, We now have a very nice Yeovilton that was originally Hookys baby but i help'd out with scenery objects, There's a Lossimouth that i knock'up in an afternoon which is great for exploring the Highlands from, The Culdrose is an updated version of my scenery in the SOH file library which has been around a few years, Hooky's just sent some great screenshots of helo ai, but i'll have to work on the Culdrose afcad to make them fit better,
Portland and Merryfield are Hookys babys but im guessing he'll pass them on for object placment.
If you expecting something along the lines of Maiw or Ukmil, ours is going to be a little basic, the scenery is fairly simple, authentic hangers and Control towers but little else but should creat the right atmosphere and look good, means also we can go to town on the ai, and be appreciated by simmers with medium power pc's, one problem is we may have to use aircraft that ar'nt really suitable for ai, example, ive made a traffic file for Lossie using the Alpha freeware Buccaneer, which as you can imagin is a bit of a frame hog so i cant use to many, but we've still have a few things to sort out, im playing with the scenery and Hooky has ideas about the ai, should be a fun package.

PS, funny you should mention Phoenix Squadron Jamie, but we've both read it and is one of the reasons for these airfields, that and the great now freeware RN F4 from Alpha/Virtavia which really needs a home .
cheers ian

Desert Rat
April 16th, 2011, 13:34
UKmil has an AI buccaneer, listed as 'AI UKMIL Bucaneer Brough Static', must've come with a scenery pack as gate guardian or something? It has mirrored upper and lower surfaces, so no white underside RN paints possible, but the all-over blue would be somewhat possible. It's a shade over 10K poly for LOD1 and has 4 more, fps should be reasonable. Has retractable gear and closing canopy, so should work to an extent as a non-static AI. Would Gaffer let us paint it for part of this pack? Was really fancying one with with a straw for my thirsty banana. Some in flight refuelling would be fun.

Jamie