PDA

View Full Version : Brand new EE lightning model for FSX

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
April 10th, 2011, 06:10
Hi all,

Just posting a thread to let anyone know that i have recently started an F6 Lightning for FSX. I visited Midland jet museum at Coventry to get all the external measurements to create a precise F6 lightning.

I will be making the F1a, F2a and the F3 plus a trainer.

Thats it for now but i will update as things progress.

Dave

hschuit
April 10th, 2011, 06:38
Hi Dave, that sounds like a GOOD plan! It has been a while since David Hanvey and Paul Barry made the Alphasim series for FS9 (which still look fantastic, I am hoping your models will be just as spot on as theirs).

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i45/schuit/FlightSim/Lightings006.jpg

UKMIL
April 10th, 2011, 06:52
Hi all,

Just posting a thread to let anyone know that i have recently started an F6 Lightning for FSX. I visited Midland jet museum at Coventry to get all the external measurements to create a precise F6 lightning.

Dave

Great news, if you need assistance let me know:salute:

kilo delta
April 10th, 2011, 07:06
Yep...excellent news. :)

Cirrus N210MS
April 10th, 2011, 08:31
i have photos around here some place ill post them for you

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
April 10th, 2011, 08:40
Thankyou for the offer of help if needed.

i have photos around here some place ill post them for you

Thankyou mate, they can go to add to the hundreds of detailed shots i have for this model project. all and any referance is always welcome.

I am not only aiming to please the community but myself as this is one of my all time favourite aircraft, i have been to Bruntingthorpe to watch them do power taxi runs down the runway and hopefully thunder city will start back up in cape town as i will be saving and taking a trip in a lightning from ground level vertical to space ...... ok not quite but damn close.

Dave

CavOk
April 10th, 2011, 08:48
This is great news indeed for such an iconic aircraft. I can hardly wait!!:applause:

Cirrus N210MS
April 10th, 2011, 08:53
Thankyou for the offer of help if needed.

Thankyou mate, they can go to add to the hundreds of detailed shots i have for this model project. all and any referance is always welcome.

I am not only aiming to please the community but myself as this is one of my all time favourite aircraft, i have been to Bruntingthorpe to watch them do power taxi runs down the runway and hopefully thunder city will start back up in cape town as i will be saving and taking a trip in a lightning from ground level vertical to space ...... ok not quite but damn close.

Dave

here you go

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n579/MikeMannschreck/aircaft%20photos/LightingJetIntersepter.jpg

spatialpro
April 10th, 2011, 10:01
That is great news!

Do you have 3-view drawings with cross-sections?

Andy

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
April 10th, 2011, 10:14
That is great news!

Do you have 3-view drawings with cross-sections?

Andy

Hi Andy,

Yeah i have the ones out of the sam publications book comprehensive guide for the modeller to give me a rough guideline.

Thankyou for the offer though.

Dave

have more books on the lightning than i have had hot dinners, lol.

Railrunner130
April 10th, 2011, 22:50
Very cool! I can't wait!

IanHenry
April 11th, 2011, 00:07
That's something to look forward too!

Regards,
Ian.

Stickshaker
April 11th, 2011, 07:48
Fantastic news! Nice to have so many versions!

fsafranek
April 11th, 2011, 10:33
Hi Dave, that sounds like a GOOD plan! It has been a while since David Hanvey and Paul Barry made the Alphasim series for FS9 (which still look fantastic, I am hoping your models will be just as spot on as theirs).

Definitely a very tough act to follow. Wish you all the best in this endeavor. Looking forward to it.
:ernae:

trevytt2004
April 11th, 2011, 13:20
Hi Andy,

Yeah i have the ones out of the sam publications book comprehensive guide for the modeller to give me a rough guideline.

Thankyou for the offer though.

Dave

have more books on the lightning than i have had hot dinners, lol.

High quality 3-views for you. Good luck

http://rapidshare.com/files/456979598/Lightning_3-views.rar

Greetings from Tobago

wingman111
February 9th, 2012, 02:02
Hi all,

Dave

Hi Dave
I thought an native FSX model of such an iconic aircraft as the Lightning was long overdue ... so I stated to build one ,and now in my research I come across this thread ( and another by jetwelder) ,that shows we have all had the same idea :mixedsmi: ........so if you don't mind me asking ........... how's yours progressing ? is it worthwhile me carrying on , or am I soon going to be able to fly yours ? :jump:

Cheers
Dave R

kilo delta
February 9th, 2012, 02:11
Hi Dave
I thought an native FSX model of such an iconic aircraft as the Lightning was long overdue ... so I stated to build one ,and now in my research I come across this thread ( and another by jetwelder) ,that shows we have all had the same idea :mixedsmi: ........so if you don't mind me asking ........... how's yours progressing ? is it worthwhile me carrying on , or am I soon going to be able to fly yours ? :jump:

Cheers
Dave R

Just Flight are doing an F6... http://www.justflight.com/developProduct.asp?pid=638

Martyn
February 9th, 2012, 05:05
And it's coming along quite well!

calypsos
February 9th, 2012, 05:49
Currently being put through its paces (in first beta form) on my PC and looking very promising, as can be seen above.

delta558
February 9th, 2012, 05:54
I'd almost given up hope of seeing one of these in FSX. It was quite common in the earlier versions of the sim, and I'm really looking forward to having an up-to-date version of one of my all time favourites.

Bone
February 9th, 2012, 06:52
A VC shot or two would be nice.

kilo delta
February 9th, 2012, 07:19
A VC shot or two would be nice.

Jeez Bone...you've the memory of a goldfish! http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?61001 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?61001-E-E-Lightning&highlight=Lightning)

:p :icon_lol: :guinness:

Martyn
February 9th, 2012, 07:25
Apologies, didn't post a comprehensive set of images as I didn't want to take over the thread too much! Here is another of the VC:

IanHenry
February 9th, 2012, 08:00
Martyn, what sort of time frame are we talking for the release of the Lightning?

Regards,
Ian.

DennyA
February 9th, 2012, 11:42
This is awesome to see, particularly the trainer. For some reason I love the side-by-side trainer designs like this and the TF-102. There's something so cool, yet so wrong, about them. :)

Is this going to be commercial or freeware?

Ian Warren
February 9th, 2012, 11:50
Looking good , right shape for the old and last Binbrooks :kilroy: ....... and the fellas like myself with the Vulcan ... be ideal for a bitta MP AC training

Martyn
February 9th, 2012, 23:59
Martyn, what sort of time frame are we talking for the release of the Lightning?

We should be releasing it towards the end of Q1 / beginning of Q2 2012.

Is this going to be commercial or freeware?

Commercial (Just Flight).

IanHenry
February 10th, 2012, 00:53
The more Lightning's the better. Has anyone thought of doing a top quality payware Tornado Gr4?. The Tornado is a serious omission in FSX.

Ian.

dancoz
February 10th, 2012, 03:06
The more Lightning's the better. Has anyone thought of doing a top quality payware Tornado Gr4?. The Tornado is a serious omission in FSX.

Ian.

UKMIL, do a fabulous Tornado GR4. (Freeware).Well sorry, actually a Donation to Help for Heroes.
Well worth it in my humble opinion.

:salute:

Really looking forward to an FSX native Lightning.

Martyn
March 8th, 2012, 02:44
Some more preview pics!

Roger
March 8th, 2012, 04:19
Excellent

noddy
March 8th, 2012, 04:39
Excellent

+1 :applause:

DagR
March 8th, 2012, 07:35
Excellent work ;-)

spatialpro
March 8th, 2012, 11:15
Hi Dave,

How is your freeware Lightning for FSX coming along? I eagerly anticipate her arrival. Some screenshots of progress would be really ace.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Andy