PDA

View Full Version : AI Traffic causes FSX to crash in certain areas

gavinc
April 10th, 2011, 00:32
Hoping someone can give me some help.

All of a sudden (don't think I changed anything recently) FSX (SP2) on Win 7 64 bit is crashing when I go to certain areas of the world. It only happens if I have some AI traffic.

So far it appears in the London area (Heathrow, Gatwick, Biggen Hill, Luton, Stanstead) and Paris (CDG & Orly). FSX loads fine and I get the aircraft cockpit displaying then it crashes and I get the message "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working". If I set traffic to zero then they load fine.
Other areas of the world that also have heavy AI traffic are fine. I have no issues in Manchester, Edinburgh, New York, Chicago, Tokyo, Sydney, Milan, Frankfurt.

I have turned off all add-ons, pulled out all 3rd party AI traffic and have just enabled the FSX default traffic file but no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks
Gavin

idahosurge
April 10th, 2011, 03:22
How high do you have your commericial and ga traffic sliders set when it crashes?

Are you sure that you did not download a addon airport that came with a traffic bgl file that you forgot about? Two places that I know a addon traffic bgl file can be is in the scenery folder of the addon airport that it came with or in the scenery/world/scenery folder.

I think that there is a freeware tool available that will search for traffic bgl's, but I do not know for sure. You can search the download section of the various FSX sites.

Also if the third party traffic program you are using is MTX then in the MTX Communicator you can find the tool if you have a version of MTX that has it. If not ask for help on the MTX support forum, Burhard will provide you with a link.

gavinc
April 10th, 2011, 06:48
I sat back and thought a little bit about what was going on - I had 2 scenery files conflicting, one in the proper place and the other in a core FSX folder.

Gavin