PDA

View Full Version : Fuel/Range Gauge for South African Air Force Trans African flight

SADT
April 9th, 2011, 22:58
Hi All,

I was wondering if there was available a good freeware gauge that can total the amount of fuel one has in his entire aircraft (Incl. external tanks) and also give one a time and range till empty calculation. I ask because I am doing a recreation (Fictional) South African Air Force postwar flight from London to Cape-Town, in an F4U Corsair (A2A) to "Strengthen ties between the United Kingdom and the Union of South Africa" (I know that the SAAF never used the F4U; one can dream.....). The A2A Corsair, as equipped, does not come with any navigation aids, and so I am also looking for a gauge thats adds a Nav1 receiver and VOR in one. I would appreciate any help to make this flight possible. I have even got a early 50's atlas from South Africa, showing what areas are British, and thus safe to land at..... :ipepsi2:

Craig :-)

fliger747
April 10th, 2011, 13:51
An excellent addon, that comes up in a seperate window, but will tell you real time information on most of your planes parameters is the AFSD by Herve Sors (Google either or both). Will give current fuel and air and ground range, taking current winds into account.

Cheers: T

SADT
April 10th, 2011, 21:46
Hi Tom,

Sounds good, if a little complex :D (I have had a look at his website)

Are there any others I should be aware of? That just calculate range and fuel flow?

PRB
April 11th, 2011, 05:26
There is also a freeware gauge out there called RKG Fuelstat. It does exactly what you described. Several freeware planes come with it. If you do a search at FlightSim.com for "RKG" you will find a B-377 panel mod which, as the description points out, comes with this gauge. There are several different variants of the gauge included in the file. Round ones, square ones, piston engine ones, and jet ones. I screw one of these in almost every panel mod I do. If you haven't found it by the time I get home from work I'll post it here.

PRB
April 11th, 2011, 14:53
Here it is:

SADT
April 12th, 2011, 02:34
Thanks Paul, and for the link, as I did not have the time at "work" to check for it. :-)

Cheers,
Craig :-)