View Full Version : 'I Regret That I Didn't Have Time To Stop..'

Panther_99FS
April 9th, 2011, 14:06
:frown:...

HouseHobbit
April 9th, 2011, 17:13
Bummer..
It is a great site..
I am learning more each day about these Brave men..

I am building missions MAW/ ETO expansions..To honor these Gentlemen..
And this has been a learning experience for me..

Even if this is only a small attempt to say Thanks..
I am Grateful to all of the "Greatest Generation"..
BRAVO.. :salute: :salute: :salute:

rayrey10
April 9th, 2011, 18:18
It's a cool place to visit. When I was stationed at Auburn University we would go to the VA facility (in Tuskegee) and volunteer for a day every couple of months. I could sit there all day and listen to these "old guys" tell stories.

I wished I had picked up some art work on my many visits. I managed to get a Buffalo Soldier print from a local artist but I purchased it at Ft Benning.

Daveroo
April 10th, 2011, 10:46
last year at the EAA/westcoast airventure flyin at the yuba county airshow..i met this man at the tuskeegee airman table....he was sitting by himself and not talking to anyone....im disabled and use this jazzy power chair and it caught his eye..he got up and came out of the hanger and started talking to me about it....i said to him it was pretty awesome to have a member of "THE airmen" ( i emphisised "the" )to come speak to me and i thanked him after about a 20 minute talk,he told me he was a private pilot,but was a crew chief during the war...i told him if it werent for chew chiefs,and crews race cars wouldnt win races....and i went back to the airshow....about an hour later...i went to get a hamberger and i saw him standing there....rolled up to him and when he saw me..he got a bit of a tear and offered to buy me a soda and said hed been think about what i had said and it changed something in him....made me feel better about me too...but he had just been like a lump sitting beside a tusgeege airman pilot at these shos..but i made him realise he had just as much right to be proud of his service as the pilots.....he and i remand friends until his death three months ago.....

Cees Donker
April 10th, 2011, 20:23
make some time sometime!

Cees