PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL CONCERNING SPAM

Fibber
April 9th, 2011, 06:16
Greetings all!

Just want to give a heads-up notice to all.
If you receive any message with the sender listed as Fibber2713@hotmail.com DO NOT OPEN IT!!! It is spam mail. My old addy at Hotmail was that addy used for downloading items from sites that reqiuired addys for them to be sent to and thus possible spammers.
DO NOT OPEN THESE MESSAGES. THEY ARE SPAMMERS SENDING THEM.
I DO NOT do spam , if I am sending a message I will either publicly tell you or direct to a Skymail account.
I have just been notified by Hotmail that my account as been flagged as a Spam generating addy. I believe I know where the compromise started, but am reserving opinion tilll I am sure as a possible disclosure may generate some real controversy here.

Rami
April 9th, 2011, 09:56
Fibber,

I hear ya. Brunosk and Peperez has their e-mails go the way of the dodo as well. :jump:

Ali Cat
April 10th, 2011, 10:07
Fibber,

You’ve done the right thing and, also, I’m sorry it happened to you.

In other post and PM’s I’ve mentioned that I’m web paranoid but it is not without justification. Fibber, it infuriates me that good people such as you have to put up with such nonsense. Remember that the web was never designed for what we use it for now. If one gathered an elite team and wrote the it from scratch it would work nothing like what is before us. It is not your fault.

I don’t mean to scare anyone. Probably the worst that will happen is that you’ll have to reload Windows. But " know thy good Web good practices" – it is something we all need to be reminded of.

AC