PDA

View Full Version : OT: Photoshop Problem... (Please help!)

Kiwikat
April 8th, 2011, 23:19
I put this topic in the FSX section in hopes that some of our avid repainters and photoshop gurus might see it...

A few weeks ago my photoshop started having this weird problem:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/whippetstorm/canvasproblem.jpg

Everything on the canvas has this weird blueish tint. However when you save the image it doesn't show up blueish. It also doesn't show blueish in the layer thumbnail or in the navigator window. It is just the canvas in PS CS4. It happens to both my 32 and 64 bit versions. It doesn't happen in windows explorer, windows live photo gallery, other Adobe CS programs, or any other programs I have, only PS CS4.

Anyone got any ideas? It is extremely frustrating as it has rendered my photoshop completely useless... :frown:

stiz
April 9th, 2011, 02:05
only thing i can think of is that a filters possible been turned on unknowingly? Only got cs2 ere so not much help :(

Timbohobo
April 9th, 2011, 02:11
Ctrl+Shift+k and check your color settings are 'normal'

If in doubt then Ctrl+Alt+Del while CS4 is starting to reset your preferences

Kiwikat
April 9th, 2011, 02:20
Ctrl+Shift+k and check your color settings are 'normal'

If in doubt then Ctrl+Alt+Del while CS4 is starting to reset your preferences

I don't really know what color settings are "normal"...

Resetting my preferences didn't do anything. (Ctrl + Alt + Shift)

Timbohobo
April 9th, 2011, 02:30
Oops <ctrl +="" alt="" shift=""> I meant Ctrl+Alt+Shift, hmm that always solves any issues I've had with CS to simply reset defaults

"normal"? whatever it comes with when its first installed of course :)</ctrl>

RobH
April 9th, 2011, 03:51
Click on your channels tab, next to your layers, and see if only the blue channel is highlighted? If so, highlight the red and green channel also. That's all I can think of that could cause it.

Kiwikat
April 9th, 2011, 09:12
Click on your channels tab, next to your layers, and see if only the blue channel is highlighted? If so, highlight the red and green channel also. That's all I can think of that could cause it.

They are all highlighted.

I think I'll ask over on a photography forum after I get home from work.