PDA

View Full Version : Samdim TU-114

falcon409
April 7th, 2011, 21:55
Has anyone ever succeeded in moving the TU-114 into FSX? Exteriors look great but the VC disappears about 2 seconds after loading along with the entire interior model.:salute:

Dave Torkington
April 7th, 2011, 23:07
Hi Falcon,

There's an adapted FSX version of the Samdim TU-114 made by Ranislav Jansik on Flightsim.com. I can confirm the VC displays just perfect, but I haven't tested the flight model / effects.

DOWNLOAD (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=149201)

Also, there's a texture set including Aeroflot 1960 / 70's liveries.

DOWNLOAD (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=149380)

Dave :salute:

Daube
April 8th, 2011, 01:08
The good thing about this Tu114 is that is uses XML gauges that work perfectly in FSX.
The bad thing is that there is absolutely nothing clickable in the VC...

I tried once to tranfert the Tu-114 gauges in the Tu-95 (by Vlad Z., the one with a virtual cockpit), but the names are anything but explicit to me, so it's not possible without a visual panel editor :/

Hurricane91
April 8th, 2011, 06:00
The bad thing is that there is absolutely nothing clickable in the VC...

I tried once to tranfert the Tu-114 gauges in the Tu-95 (by Vlad Z., the one with a virtual cockpit), but the names are anything but explicit to me, so it's not possible without a visual panel editor :/

I converted the Tu-114 interior textures with the help of some other simmers. The VC in mine is fully clickable and the tooltips work in window mode, but I didn't make any modifications for that. I can't figure out why yours does not work. I do know that the 2D panel must be loaded once to activate the gyros, have your tried that?

I do all my panel work without an panel editor. I identify the gauges in the panel .cfg by their position, or by editing out (//) each one in sequence and observing which one is absent on reload. For future reference I add a note at the end of the gauge entry (gauge10=114!UgolTang, 360,291,146,146// pitch indicator). The "UgolTang" is very useful when setting up the Tu-114 for final approach. I have also found this instrument to be useful in some other aircraft as well.

My thanks to Dimitri Sandim and his team for one of the most oustanding aircraft in Flight Simulator.

bipon
April 8th, 2011, 06:23
Search for TU 114 at simviation.com

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Props-62-17?mark=7328#7328

In my experience, some original gauges are clickable and the VC in general is fully functional.
On the other hand, I have to admit that I mostly fly the glass cockpit fiction variant.

Daube
April 8th, 2011, 06:34
I don't recall the Tu-114 has any clickable gauge or button inside.
It's a plane I always started with CTRL+E, because it was not possible to manipulate the systems and engines from the VC. Perhaps it was not the same version ?
I'll check again with one of the planes you linked, just to be sure.

Dave Torkington
April 8th, 2011, 06:34
I converted the Tu-114 interior textures with the help of some other simmers. The VC in mine is fully clickable and the tooltips work in window mode, but I didn't make any modifications for that. I can't figure out why yours does not work. I do know that the 2D panel must be loaded once to activate the gyros, have your tried that?

I have clickable switches and tooltips in the VC too, although some animations like the parking brake and throttle levers aren't clickable...

Hurricane91
April 8th, 2011, 07:39
I have clickable switches and tooltips in the VC too, although some animations like the parking brake and throttle levers aren't clickable...

You are correct Dave (Saitec has spoiled me).