PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to get hold of Ken Harrison?

gavinc
April 7th, 2011, 07:51
Like it says.

I am mashing together a couple of French Air Force Spitfire repaints for his YAS series and would like his permission to post them (assuming anyone wants them that is). I have tried the email in his readme and it bounces back and his user name here (merlin66) no longer seems valid.

A couple of screen shots of a Mk Vb & a Mk Vc to show the WIP. I am no artist like some people here but hopefully it gets the general idea across.
Thanks
Gavin

sc7500
April 7th, 2011, 08:08
...(assuming anyone wants them that is)....

I can NEVER have enough Spits in the hangar - Looking Good, Gavin ! :wavey:

Thanx
SC
:kilroy:

gius
April 7th, 2011, 08:42
Greetings for the new skins Gavin!!!
Gius

Captain Kurt
April 7th, 2011, 13:31
Gavin,

I don't think that it is necessary to get permission if you follow his disclaimer guidelines. This is from his YAS docs (readme) file:

" Disclaimer:

The original design and source files for these aircraft are the intellectual property of the Author. Any subsequent distribution, use and or inclusion of any of the discreet parts should include acknowledgement.

BACKUP any .gau or .fx files before copying any from these models to the FS directories.

This software may be freely used, copied and distributed with the following restrictions:
This document must be included in any redistribution.
DO NOT place these files anywhere that requires a fee for downloading.
DO NOT place any of these files in any commercial package or any CD collection without the authors consent. "

From this I conclude you could include the entire model along with the skins if you follow his instructions for credit, include his doc file and don't try to sell it anywhere.