PDA

View Full Version : BPF & FAA Avenger skins for The B24 Guy's OH Avenger

revev
October 1st, 2008, 17:38
Hi simmers,

I have just uploaded the following repaints for you RAF BPF fans:

CFS2/Grumman Avenger II 371/P JZ483 RAF BPF HMS Victorious, 1945. Flown by LT CDR A.J. Griffith.

CFS2/Grumman Avenger I 376-X JZ114 RAF BPF 848 Squadron HMS Formidable, August, 1945.

CFS2/Grumman Avenger I 382-X RAF BPF 848 Squadron HMS Formidable, 1945.

CFS2/Grumman Avenger II 386/W JZ386 RAF BPF, 857 Squadron, 1945.

CFS2/Grumman Avenger II 387/S JZ434 RAF BPF, HMS Indefatigable, 1945.

These squadron's aircraft attacked targets on Okinawa, Formosa, and the Japanese home islands in the last summer of the war. Aircraft attached to the British Pacific Fleet carried roundells with bars, to aid in not being mistaken for Japanese aircraft.

CFS2 Grumman TBF-1C Tarpon I 1AW JZ594 857 Squadron - RAF Fleet Air Arm, HMS Indomitable, 1944.

All the above paints are complete with gunner's hatch (see screenshot of 382's starboard) and painted over The B24 Guy's TBF Avenger. All Texture and Damage files are included.

I have managed to tweak the files to the point where this model flys just great in FS2004 (see the screenshot over EGLL). If there are enough of you that would be interested in flying the CFS2 OH stock model in FS2004, I'll package it up and make it available for download.

Enjoy!

Jagdflieger
October 1st, 2008, 18:50
Nice! I've got to rebuild my Japan 46 installation and one of these will certainly find itself on one of Collin's RN carriers.

Ravenna
October 1st, 2008, 19:05
Nice paints...thank you Rev!:applause::applause::applause:

Corsair Freak
October 1st, 2008, 19:42
Looks great Rev! Maybe I'll get to fly them one day when I get my PTO install up to date. :costumes:

CF

revev
October 1st, 2008, 19:55
Hi folks,

I put a little work into getting the camo painted for these skins. David Hasdell sent me a copy of the camo schemes for various types of BPF aircraft. It took me a few days during my spare time to finally get a common Avenger painted in camo. Once I had one, it got much easier. I've noticed that almost all the skins out there are painted with the same camo scheme, and according to the "official" camo diagrams, they are wrong. Hmmm . . . Well, I tried to keep fairly close to the "official" scheme, and if it is not right on, at least we have a different camo out there. If you noticed, I tried a different tint than used on the earlier paints from several months ago.

I'm wondering if I'll hve any takers on my offer to put the FS2004 package out there that I have put together for the Avenger OH model?

If I get ambitious, I might go over to the FS2004 forum and test the waters.

Enjoy!

Jagdflieger
October 1st, 2008, 20:53
Rev,

I'm sure the interest would be there, but I think most of the FS 9 crew would like new colors for the MAAM Avenger. Of course that's a payware plane, but you might check to see what's been done for it. I'd be tempted to buy it if it would convert to CFS 2.

Blue Devil
October 1st, 2008, 21:33
Beautiful REV, ...Just what the PTO needed.

Thanks fer doin' the _OH.

...I'll even throw in a 3D gunsight, ...just expand and save.

Thanks REV.

elephant
October 2nd, 2008, 09:44
Many thanks, Rev. :applause::applause::applause:

Mike

OBIO
October 2nd, 2008, 10:41
Thanks Rev. The Avenger is such a good looking aircraft, from a period on aviation history when there were a ton of good looking aircraft. I have always like the looks of the Avenger. I think that the Avenger will be pushed way to the top of my To Do list for updating. Some shine, some DP tweaking.

OBIO