flyer01
April 5th, 2011, 07:57
This is what my system is:
Intel core Duo E8600 @ 3.33GHz
3.00GB OF RAM.
Video card GTX 470
MOBO- Gigabyte GA-EP45_UD3P
Windows XP 32 bit.

To get this to work before I start CoD I set the PC to the 800x600 then start the game.

IMO to get the full benefit of CoD I will need 64 bit and 4GB of Ram.

flyer01:salute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7Ubq9w_uZk&feature=player_embedded

gradyhappyg
April 5th, 2011, 08:32
I am getting restricted video not available on some sites. I guess that means this one. Bummer.

flyer01
April 5th, 2011, 08:54
I am getting restricted video not available on some sites. I guess that means this one. Bummer.
gradyhappyg,

Click the YouTube logo and you can see the video.

gradyhappyg
April 5th, 2011, 09:29
Still not working brings me back to this same page where I am restricted.

Never mind the logo I got it now.

redriver6
April 5th, 2011, 09:49
nice video Flyer....looks like you got the slats working on the 109...how did you do that.

i tried mapping them to a button on my joystick but they still don't work for me..

flyer01
April 5th, 2011, 12:10
nice video Flyer....looks like you got the slats working on the 109...how did you do that.

i tried mapping them to a button on my joystick but they still don't work for me..

I do not know what you mine when you say "slats".

flyer01

redriver6
April 5th, 2011, 12:26
I do not know what you mine when you say "slats".

flyer01

the little thingies that come out at low speed on the leading edge of the 109's wing...gives it more lift at low speed......haven't seen it on any of my flights yet..

what level of detail did you have the a/c on in that video?

Naismith
April 5th, 2011, 13:08
Nice vid, not sure I like the red arrows which give an idea of where the enemy are. A similar thing was used in the old sim MiG Alley and it helped with situational awareness, but nowadays with TrackIR not needed I think. Can they be turned off? And can TrackIR be used with this new sim?

redriver6
April 5th, 2011, 13:22
Nice vid, not sure I like the red arrows which give an idea of where the enemy are. A similar thing was used in the old sim MiG Alley and it helped with situational awareness, but nowadays with TrackIR not needed I think. Can they be turned off? And can TrackIR be used with this new sim?

yep the red arrows and icons can be turned off....i'm purty sure its can be used with TrackIR...

W. Bleddyn
April 5th, 2011, 15:51
TrackIR works great. As for the arrows, even IL-2 had them if you enabled them. With CoD they are off by default after install so if you don't want them don't worry, you would have to turn them on to get em.

flyer01
April 5th, 2011, 20:29
the little thingies that come out at low speed on the leading edge of the 109's wing...gives it more lift at low speed......haven't seen it on any of my flights yet..

what level of detail did you have the a/c on in that video?

As far as I know I did not do anything to do that.LOL

flyer01

redriver6
April 6th, 2011, 07:37
hmm...welll i guess i just missed it before...but now i'm seeing the leading edge slats...

Naismith
April 6th, 2011, 22:39
TrackIR works great. As for the arrows, even IL-2 had them if you enabled them. With CoD they are off by default after install so if you don't want them don't worry, you would have to turn them on to get em.

Really!!! I never knew that and I've had the sim since the year dot. I will try and find the setting and switch them on and just maybe won't get blown out the sky so readily. Tx for the tip. :wiggle:

roger-wilco-66
April 7th, 2011, 22:22

[...]

The leading edge slats on the Me 109 (and many other aircraft) were/are automatic. When the airspeed gets lower, a spring mechanism, which acts against the airpressure on the leading edge, deploys them.
So, everytime the aircraft flys beyond a certain airpseed, the slats pop out automatically.

Cheers,
Mark

GT182
April 9th, 2011, 18:10
If you can't get to YouTube to see the video, you'll problably have to Allow Pop-ups.