PDA

View Full Version : What millitary airfields within NA blue?

Peter SWE
April 4th, 2011, 01:16
I've been using google and trying to find out what AF bases there is within the Orbx Na blue scenery. Iv'e found one not so far from portland but what else is there? Any attac helicopter bases?

PRB
April 4th, 2011, 05:57
There is the naval air station at Whidbey Island (KNUW) and it's not bad. No attack helicopters there, just EA-6Bs, EA-18Gs, P-3s, and EP-3s. There should be McChord AFB too (KTCM) but I haven't "visited" that one yet...

Meshman
April 4th, 2011, 05:57
I don't have the scenery, so don't know what treatment it might or might not have, but there is Mc Chord AFB sitting in Tacoma, Wa. Delivered many a load into the base. :salute:

CG_1976
April 4th, 2011, 15:43
CFB Comox CYQQ on Vancouver Island. 19 Wing, 442Sq and 407Sq. CFB Comox also serves as a forward operating base for temporary deployments of the CF18.

W. Bleddyn
April 4th, 2011, 18:32
Besides the ones listed above, there is Gray Army Airfield (KGRF) and I suppose you could count Coupeville Naval Outlying Field (KNRA) but you won't find alot there. Boeing Field and Portland Intl also have large "MIL" parking areas.

Peter SWE
April 4th, 2011, 23:52
Thanks a lot guys! It looks like there is quite a lot mil stuff going on in the scenery area.

Now i'm off to fly a Hawk from cold lake to comox and to do som SAR helo flying.

olaf1924
April 5th, 2011, 07:41
Iknow of two airbase spokane has fairchild and mountain view over in Idaho.

CG_1976
April 5th, 2011, 17:43
Hum I also believe Malstrom AFB in Greatfalls, MT is covered by NRM.

swimeye
April 6th, 2011, 04:18
There is a nice freeware addon for Comox that enhances the AFB and the surroundings, it includes a version that is adapted to NA Blue.

delta_lima
August 18th, 2011, 12:32
CFB Comox CYQQ on Vancouver Island. 19 Wing, 442Sq and 407Sq. CFB Comox also serves as a forward operating base for temporary deployments of the CF18.

Would it be too much to ask to see a couple of screens of Comox in this add-on? I've held off buying this because of my worries about FPS and cost. But for access to some nice scenery of the areas around where I live, epecially if the performance is ok on lower-end systems, then I'd consider it.

thanks!

DL

mmann
August 18th, 2011, 12:51
The bad news is that the CFB Comox (CYQQ) that is part of FTX Orbx PNW is no great shakes. The good news is that Don Grovestine has released a freeware addon of this airport and it is very good!

Regards, Mike Mann

delta_lima
August 18th, 2011, 13:39
Thanks Mike,

Yes, I saw his - since I don't know much about the ORBx line of packages, I wondered if the commercial one mightn't be better. For now, then, I'll stick with his, and use some other BC/PNW mesh, if such a freeware alternative exists.

cheers,

dl

mmann
August 18th, 2011, 13:57
Note that I was referring only to the CFB Comox airbase itself. As far as the surrounding area is concerned FTX Orbx PNW does a fantastic job on the mesh, and roads and water features as well as superior landclass. They go way beyond what you could get with FSGenesis, UTX Canada and GEX North America. In other words, great value for the dollar!

Regards, Mike Mann

CG_1976
August 18th, 2011, 21:49
CYQQ by Don Grovestine visited by the Arctic UKMIL GR7