PDA

View Full Version : MiG-21F-13 by Ivan "Aardvark" Jurčaga

Blackbird686
April 2nd, 2011, 10:18
I just re-installed Ivan "Aardvark" Jurčaga's superb MiG-21F-13. After going through the manual and associating the illustrations for the panel and instructions for getting the engine lit, I was able to have an enjoyable flight with this plane... had to keep the power on tho, she tends to get a bit 'splashy' at slower speeds.

I remember a thread about an alternate panel config, or a gauge, that controlled the regimen of start-up for the MiG-21F-13 here once. Whilst I don't mind doing my walk-arounds, flipping the switches and holding the starter buttons down, there are times where I just like to jump in and go. Does anyone remember how this is done, or if it can be done?

BB686:USA-flag:

ian elliot
April 2nd, 2011, 11:33
I dont have this model installed at the moment but i think its a case of scoring out the last Gauge in the panel cfg, gauge 31 if i remember rightly, back up original if im wrong, hope this helps, ian

Blackbird686
April 2nd, 2011, 12:12
Thanks, Ian... I'll have a look.

hurricane3
April 3rd, 2011, 15:24
You have to go into the panel config ,and go to where it says gauge 32=Mig21 f 13!Autostart motoru,0,0,10,10 and put two // marks in front of gauge 32. Should look like // gauge32 etc.
Since I had it written down and didn't look up the panel config file the spaceing might not be correct ,don't know if that matters ,but just put the slash marks in front of gauge 32 and save, and it will start when you use crtl+e. Hope this helps

Quax d. Bruchpilot
April 4th, 2011, 10:16
There is also a repaint (for a GDR version) by Björn Kesten (I think at flightsim.com) Included there is also a small advice to change the "flight dynamics" This make it a little bit easyer to stear this bird.

Greets
andi

Blackbird686
April 4th, 2011, 13:27
I found the gauge and commented it out. Now the MiG-21 F-13 acts like most all my other planes in FS. I just have to remember to go back into the panel config and re-activate it if I want to start flying the jet "authentically" again. Thanks fellas...:salute:

I did see the GDR Repaint for the MiG-21 F-13, as a matter of fact, I believe that skin is on my back-up HD too.