PDA

View Full Version : CoD Throttle Problem

SkippyBing
April 2nd, 2011, 07:05
Just started Cliffs of Dover and the throttle response is all messed up. It's as if the game is only checking its position every minute or so which tends to end up with either full or no throttle.
Has anyone else had this problem?
The throttle works fine in everything else, it even shows up as working ok in the CoD control configuration screen, i.e. it displays what percentage movement there is and continually updates. I also tried using a different axis to control the throttle and no joy.

Ahh, just played around in the game configuration again and for some reason it had set 0% throttle as the first 5% of movement and anything more than that was 100% so hopefully that'll fix it. The other problem I've got is that every other time I go to fly the screen shows the desktop, you can hear the sounds but not see anything, if you escape back to the menus they show up but I have to exit and restart the game to get visuals!!

SkippyBing
April 2nd, 2011, 08:04
Hmm, so it will now detect intermediate throttle positions but it still isn't continuously updating it so I keep finding myself with it stuck at some random unhelpful position watching my target pull away from me as the engine ticks over...

redriver6
April 2nd, 2011, 09:24
thats a problem i haven't seen so far in the dozens of 'problems' threads i've read at Simhq or 1C...but those two places seem to be the best place to find answers...