PDA

View Full Version : 'If Pontiac Were Still Around..'

Panther_99FS
April 2nd, 2011, 06:09
The USA would probably have these from Holden :wavey:
--> http://www.caradvice.com.au/57955/2010-hsv-e2-clubsport-gxp-maloo-gxp-review/

Meshman
April 2nd, 2011, 06:15
The USA would probably have these from Holden

I dunno, Mr. P. You ever drive a car with the steering wheel on the right?

I was gonna do a conversion of the cost to USD, but what ever it turned out to be I still couldn't afford it!

brad kaste
April 2nd, 2011, 06:32
As they say,...beauty is in the sight of the beholder. In this case,...it's nearly as butt ugly as the Pontiac Aztek. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Aztek

It makes one wonder how in heaven's name could GM come up with such ugly looking vehicles? Way too many air scoops, creases,...bulges,....and bumps on both. One honor the Aztek got,....it was voted the number #1 of the 'ugliest 100 cars of all time.' Apples don't fall too far from the tree with this Holden.

OBIO
April 2nd, 2011, 06:36
Those cars can be as ugly as they want to be....with a 6.2L V8 under the hoods, I'd be more than happy to drive one.

OBIO

Panther_99FS
April 2nd, 2011, 06:48
I dunno, Mr. P. You ever drive a car with the steering wheel on the right?

LoL you do realize that the 'new' Pontiac GTO started out life as Holden...;)

Drzook
April 2nd, 2011, 07:43
I like the Maloo (the ute); GM would just have to re-work the front fascia and put the steering wheel on the left and....voila! Brand new Chevy El Camino! I doubt they'd be able to sell enough to make a profit but it's got more panache than the SSR that's for sure.:jump:

Willy
April 2nd, 2011, 08:53
Based on the highly successful Pontiac GXP, as sold in the United States, the new HSV ClubSport GXP (sedan) and HSV Maloo GXP (ute) will be limited to 400 and 350 variants respectively.

Sounds to me like Pontiac is still around.... sort of.

I've drove a left hand drive car around in the UK and a right hand drive here in the states. Just takes a little getting used to.

I like the Maloo myself.

Years ago, I had the scheme of grafting a Pontiac Tempest front end cap onto a El Camino. I still think it would have worked.

Bushpounder
April 2nd, 2011, 16:31
I like that little pickup. That is a good looking car. Sort of a small, modern version of an El Camino. Yep, killing Pontiac killed GM for me. Only GM I would ever buy now is a Corvette. They can keep the rest of that crap. (I am refering to the U.S. version of GM. It seems that some foreign versions are pretty cool!!)

Don

PeteHam
April 2nd, 2011, 20:24
Down here in these parts there's a strong 'Holden vs Ford' razzing amongst the auto enthusiasts :icon_lol:

Especially in the racing crowd.

But I'd happily trade my Nissan double cab pickup for the Holden one :jump::jump:

Pete.

Panther_99FS
April 2nd, 2011, 21:18
Also,
The "new" Camaro has roots in the Holden Commodore......