PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a Navy vet...

Navy Chief
April 1st, 2011, 07:12
vL2FC6Bhq2E

My friend, retired CDR Fred Sanders, is trying to locate a CPO he worked with in Attack Squadron 46, back in the mid 1970s. He was a AMHC, named Wright. Fred can't remember CPO Wright's first name, and the cruise book simply has the initial, "C". At the time, VA-46 was assigned to the USS John F. Kennedy.

I have tried searching on:

Togetherweserved.com

Hullnumber.com

Military.com

Facebook

and several others, but have not located him. Was wondering if any of you vets might have some other links I could try? Surely there must be a way to find the information. He may be deceased for that matter. No idea. But am doing what I can to help Fred.

Thanks in advance,

NC

Willy
April 1st, 2011, 09:33
Try Together We Served? http://navy.togetherweserved.com

Navy Chief
April 1st, 2011, 09:36
Try Together We Served? http://navy.togetherweserved.com

That was the first site I checked. No joy.

Willy
April 1st, 2011, 09:39
It was an idea. I found a few old shipmates there.

Navy Chief
April 1st, 2011, 09:44
It was an idea. I found a few old shipmates there.

As have I as well! But not so in this case. Am hoping a shipmate on the VA-46 Facebook page.

alain95
April 1st, 2011, 12:44
This is pertinent day to look for a calmar, maybe you will find many
but not the one you wanted :icon_lol:

Regards :salute:
:engel016:

Navy Chief
April 1st, 2011, 13:14
I posted on the forum at Togetherweserved. One of the members provided me a list of shipmates who were in VA-46 during that time period. I will email all of them. Maybe one or more will know CPO Wright, and how to get in touch with him, if he is still around.

THanks.

NC

TARPSBird
April 1st, 2011, 13:29
By the 1970's we had gone to SSN's rather than service numbers, so if anybody has an old squadron roster or airlift manifest where Chief Wright is listed with SSN it would be an easier task to track him down. Although CDR Sanders may have to spend a few bucks with an online locator service like USA People Search or such.

Navy Chief
April 1st, 2011, 13:36
By the 1970's we had gone to SSN's rather than service numbers, so if anybody has an old squadron roster or airlift manifest where Chief Wright is listed with SSN it would be an easier task to track him down. Although CDR Sanders may have to spend a few bucks with an online locator service like USA People Search or such.

Possibly my best bet is if one of the guys on Togetherweserved either knows CPO Wright, or another place to search......