PDA

View Full Version : a few screenshots from CloD...

redriver6
March 31st, 2011, 15:34
AA was off in these...i have a few shots over land but the game is nearly unplayable for me over land so i stay over the channel mostly..

darklight
March 31st, 2011, 18:56
What is the specs of your machine, to make it unplayable over land?

I've got a 9800GT card, not sure if its good enough... Plus a dual core 2ghz processor, 3gb ram...

IanHenry
April 1st, 2011, 00:27
Darklight,
I think I would save my money if I were you. I find the game virtually unplayable on my machine, which is:
Intel 920 @ 3.4
Nvidia GTX 285 @ 2GHz
12 Mb RAM.
What I don’t understand is that the scenery etc is rather poor when compared with Rise of Flight, A-10 Warthog & Black Shark, but they run perfectly.
The promotional films give a completely false impression of how the game looks/plays.
Also there is some ridicules program called “Steam” that you need to install in order to register/run the game, which periodically pops up on my desktop to advertise games that I am not the slightest bit interested in.
To say that I am disappointed would be something of an understatement, and I can only hope that the company releases a patch to fix the problems associated with this game, but considering how long it has been in development, and the fact that they have not got it right on release, I wouldn’t hold my breath on a quick fix.

Regards,
Ian.

flyer01
April 1st, 2011, 00:49
I was not even able to get this sim to work on my pC. I got it to load after puting it low everything but grass and trees. and I had to turn them off. I think the steam thing is what the problem is and thy do not want to say that. I took the whole thing off my PC. IMO this sim is the worst!!!!!!!!
If you want a great WWII combat sim stay with the CFS3 Expansions.

flyer01

If you think I over stating this look at this . Very un happy folks. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189

IanHenry
April 1st, 2011, 01:11
Over on the CoD forum:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/8071032709 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/8071032709)

there is even one poster talking about taking UBISOFT to the Trading Standards people (they are an agency here in the U.K who police trading and misrepresentation etc).
If you watch the promotional video, I think they might have a case, if only because during the opening frames, the pilots face looks to me like it’s a real person, not a virtual one.
I have seen quotes saying that the game has been built as a platform for the future, and that current high end machines might not be able to run it at its full capacity, but if that is the case, why doesn’t the game use the latest technology, for example it doesn’t fully utilise multiple core and SLI etc.
I think the game is something of a train wreck and I am undecided whether to ask for my money back or hang in there and hope for a fix.
I do notice that JustFlight (a company that I have the highest regard for) haven’t opened a section on their forum for Cliffs of Dover, I wonder why!

Regards,
Ian.

redriver6
April 1st, 2011, 10:11
What is the specs of your machine, to make it unplayable over land?

I've got a 9800GT card, not sure if its good enough... Plus a dual core 2ghz processor, 3gb ram...

my pc specs:

Athlon 64 6000+ 3.1ghz
4mb ram
ATI 5750 1gb (just bought because my nVidia 9600 GSO 768mb wouldn't work with Clod)

this game produces some stunning WOW moments but even when i'm not over land the explosion FX cause my pc to go into stutters...

i don't disagree with anything Ian said.....there are some people claiming its running fine on thier machines but i can't afford a new one right now just for a flight sim.

spotlope
April 1st, 2011, 10:42
I'm sorry to hear it's such a dog. I was going to get it this weekend, but I think I'll hold off for now. One thing that keeps me optimistic in the long run is that I remember how hard Oleg and company worked after the initial IL2 release to fix and patch things. They seem dedicated to just releasing updates until things are working better. Right now, I just don't have the time or inclination to get up on that horse, though... think I'll wait until the braver souls give it the green light first.

Really nice pics, btw. :salute:

W. Bleddyn
April 1st, 2011, 11:08
It seems to be really hit and miss whether or not it will run decently on your system or not. I find it very playable on what I consider to be a very moderate system.

I am not one of those people who memorizes my hardware or posts it in my sig, so I had to look this up but it is telling me that it is an i7 900 @ 2.67ghz. 6gb ram, ATI 4800 series (4890 IIRC) with 2gb memory, and running on Win 7 64. Not a bad PC but certainly a lesser PC then some that claim it is unplayable.

That is what makes me think there has to be something wrong in the software. More power does not necessarily mean it will smooth out the problems.

redriver6
April 1st, 2011, 12:48
two other things that come to mind that get a thumbs down are the sounds and the tracers...the sounds seem to me at least to be nothing more than copied straight from IL2 and CFS2 has better tracers....

on the thumbs up side....really good damage models....however...i've seen some videos of a Hurricane flying along with no wings attached....:icon_eek:

redriver6
April 1st, 2011, 14:27
a few more screens...