PDA

View Full Version : Baseball fans are you ready for the season?

pilottj
March 30th, 2011, 10:13
Hey folks,
Baseball season is almost here and I am very excited for my Giants. How is your favorite team shaping up? As a Giants fan I am most concerned about the Rockies, I think they will have a great year. Looks like the Braves and the Phils could have a tight race. There might be some suprises in the NL central.

Looking foward to this season. :jump:

Cheers
TJ

Rami
March 30th, 2011, 11:17
Hey folks,
Baseball season is almost here and I am very excited for my Giants. How is your favorite team shaping up? As a Giants fan I am most concerned about the Rockies, I think they will have a great year. Looks like the Braves and the Phils could have a tight race. There might be some surprises in the NL Central.

Looking forward to this season. :jump:

Pilottj,

I agree wholeheartedly. The Brewers are a team that I think might turn some heads in the NL Central, but I am also equally as excited about my beloved Red Sox. I'm also excited about my Bruins and Celtics being in the playoffs...I already have my playoff beard...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playoff_beard

Moses03
March 30th, 2011, 11:31
I'm ready. Opening day is my favorite sports day of the year. I'm taking off work on Friday to hopefully watch my Rangers beat up on the Red Sox. :jump: Sorry Rami! :173go1:

rpjkw
March 30th, 2011, 12:18
I've been ready since the World Series. As a diehard Cubs fan, this is another 'next year' as hope springs eternal.......

I noticed, however, ESPN isn't televising baseball games all day like they used to do. Disappointing to say the least.

Bob

pilottj
March 30th, 2011, 12:34
Pilottj,

I agree wholeheartedly. The Brewers are a team that I think might turn some heads in the NL Central, but I am also equally as excited about my beloved Red Sox. I'm also excited about my Bruins and Celtics being in the playoffs...I already have my playoff beard...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playoff_beard

Fear the Beard brother!:salute::ernae:
...it worked for our closer :)

Bomber_12th
March 30th, 2011, 12:51
Looking forward to it, Friday night, Twins vs. Blue Jays. Long-time Twins fan right here, and they look to be off to another superb year, and everyone's healthy! Just hoping our pitching can stay strong.

Cloud9Gal
March 30th, 2011, 17:04
We don't have much to get excited over, here in Pittsburgh, with the Pirates......http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/355/355346u5g42y0cio.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

And I wish the Montreal Expos would still be in existence...

Blah!

Navy Chief
March 30th, 2011, 17:25
I have never been to a Major League Baseball game. Maybe someday.

Nearby Chattanooga (1.5 hours drive) has a farm team. Maybe I'll try going to one of their games.....

NC

rpjkw
March 31st, 2011, 05:45
NC, when you move to Florida, you'll have twp MLB teams sort of nearby. The Tampa Rays (closest) and the Marlins (their new field will be located south of downtown Miami. We'll be moving to Palm Coast in two years and I'll have the Daytona Cubs, single A farm team, 30 minutes away. And don't forget about spring training; you'll have LOTS of teams almost playing in your back yard.

Bob

Go Cubbies!!

Navy Chief
March 31st, 2011, 05:59
Going to my first game! Chattanooga "Lookouts", playing the "Tennessee Smokies" this coming Sunday at 2:15.

NC

brad kaste
March 31st, 2011, 06:47
I've been ready since the World Series. As a diehard Cubs fan, this is another 'next year' as hope springs eternal.......Bob

rpjkw,....I gave up on the Cubs decades ago. Yes,...decades ago. For the life of me, I can't figure out why legends of fans follow these 'lovable losers.' There's nothing lovable or adorable about the Chicago Cubs. If the Chumppies were a private enterprise, they would have been out of business a long time ago. Why pour good money after bad? Last time they won a pennant was 1945. Last time they won the World Series (I think) was 1908.
As the late Chicago sportscaster, Jack Brickhouse, once said about the Cubs: "Hey,...anyone can have a bad century..."

Cazzie
March 31st, 2011, 07:46
Over ready! Hope to see parts of three ML games today. Nasty arse day out too, misty rain and 41 ° F. Gonna stay in and watch some baseball. Yeah!

Go Cards!

But we lost our star pitcher Wainwright for the season to Tommy John surgery. Know you Cubbies are glad to hear that, Brewers too.

Caz

rpjkw
March 31st, 2011, 08:42
I agree with you 100%, Brad, but as heartbreaking as the Cubs are, I still can't bring myself to switch allegiances. I didn't even grow up in the Chicago area. For years I lived in Houston and was an Astros fan, but when I retired and moved to New Mexico I started watching the Cubs on TV and, well, the rest is history. Who can explain affairs of the heart? The wife says I should have my head examined.:icon_lol:

Bob

brad kaste
March 31st, 2011, 11:57
Hey Bob,..........you don't need you head examined,...you're just a die hard Cub fan. No problemo there. If I remember correctly,...when cable TV first made it's appearance 20 some years ago....Chicago local WGN,...the station that carried the Cubs (and still does,...only to a lesser amount) was channeled throughout the US at that time. That picked up a lot of new Cub fans. From what I gather,...they'll finish out pretty much the same like they did last year. Maybe not in the cellar,...but close to it.

TARPSBird
March 31st, 2011, 15:00
I've been ready since the World Series. As a diehard Cubs fan, this is another 'next year' as hope springs eternal.......
Bob
Ahh yes... hope springs eternal... since 1908. :banghead:

Moses03
April 1st, 2011, 15:57
Rangers 9, Red Sox 5.

Muuuhhhaaaaa!!!!!:icon_lol:

Meshman
April 1st, 2011, 16:39
As a Giants fan I am most concerned about the Rockies,...

Well after ONE game in the season a writer for Fox Sports was saying how great the Dodgers were going to be. His pick to win the West!

Guess he doesn't get out here to La-La land too much and has missed the circus surrounding the team.

And for those further north than me in Kalifornia, Fox picked the A's to win the AL West! Best pitching in baseball so says Fox.

Guess me and Father Bill will be the only ones rooting for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim? (pun intended, btw)

TARPSBird
April 1st, 2011, 16:40
Cubs lost their opening game, 6-3. Business as usual. :frown:

pilottj
April 1st, 2011, 18:23
Well after ONE game in the season a writer for Fox Sports was saying how great the Dodgers were going to be. His pick to win the West!

Guess he doesn't get out here to La-La land too much and has missed the circus surrounding the team.

And for those further north than me in Kalifornia, Fox picked the A's to win the AL West! Best pitching in baseball so says Fox.

Guess me and Father Bill will be the only ones rooting for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim? (pun intended, btw)

LOL yeah guess one game makes them an expert haha. Funny tho I think the Giants do better when they are the underdogs, they tend to run into trouble when the spotlight is on them. Who knows, the D-Backs might make a good run of it. :D

brad kaste
April 2nd, 2011, 06:20
Cubs lost their opening game, 6-3. Business as usual. :frown:

Yep,......The Cubbies are on their way for another illustrious season........

Trans_23
April 2nd, 2011, 19:35
On a brighter note, the White Sox are 2-0 and have scored 23 runs in those 2 games. I think they have given up 13 runs so the pitching has to get a little better. Going for the sweep tomorrow in Cleveland. :jump:

It is amazing that the Cubs have not won a WS in over a century now. Seems they continually spend big money for players that don't live up to the billing. Even though I am a Sox fan I will pull for the Cubs if they ever make it to a WS in my lifetime.