PDA

View Full Version : Any FS Panle Studio users out there?

Sid2008
March 30th, 2011, 08:36
Hi, if you are an FSPS user, please indicate: 1) can you use this program to modify gauges that can be later installed in a virtual cockpit? and 2) can you build totally new XML gauges instead of modifying ecisting gauges?
Thanks,
Sid

Willy
March 30th, 2011, 10:00
I've got the program, but have only used it once for a new build panel and mostly just use it to modify existing panels. PRB might know something about the gauge end of it.

falcon409
March 30th, 2011, 10:21
I'm with Willy, in that I use it every day practically, but only to modify or add to existing VC panels. Supposedly you can build new gauges with the program but I've never ventured there.:salute:

OBIO
March 30th, 2011, 11:31
I also have FS Panel Studio, and like the others have only used it to modify existing panels and VCs. Would be nice to use it to create new gauges as I have some ideas that I would like to play around with...heck, would be nicer if there were a program that would produce XLM program gauges...that would be the cat's meow right there.

OBIO

Desert Rat
March 30th, 2011, 12:59
Like the others, I use it for panels. But I was under the impression it let you edit the XML gauge bmp's and nothing else, I could be completely wrong, haven't tried it.

Jamie

PutPut
March 30th, 2011, 13:13
Like the others, I use it for panels. But I was under the impression it let you edit the XML gauge bmp's and nothing else, I could be completely wrong, haven't tried it.

Jamie

You can open up the XML files in FSPS and edit them by hand. I have taken some Lockheed_Vega gauges and added the necessary lines so they will work individually with each of 4 engines.

Best, Paul

Dangerousdave26
March 30th, 2011, 16:07
One thing Panel Studio will not do is let you create new XML Gauges if you don't know how to create XML Gauges. So if you know how to create XML gauges you might just find it easier to make them with out Panel Studio.

Personally I find it one of those indispensable FS Tools that I would rather not live with out.

nazca_steve
March 30th, 2011, 16:10
I find it a very useful program, both for XML editing but more importantly, placement of gauges. Sure you could edit outside of the prog. but it does make life easier. Can't speak for actual from scratch gauge creation mind you.

Sid2008
March 31st, 2011, 05:43
Thank you all. i think that this is a program worthy of my few dollars
Sid

fsafranek
March 31st, 2011, 09:57
It's a very good tool for editing exiting panels and for making (assembling moreso) a new panel from scratch. Like the others said above it will work for editing existing gauges to change them or use them as a starting point for new gauges. I used to use it a lot but really haven't over the past couple of years.
:ernae: