PDA

View Full Version : Some X-Plane Pics

gera
December 4th, 2008, 05:05
After fooling around for a week or so with X-plane I am convinced I will enjoy it very much as my "Second" sim. I have gotten all the tools to make scenery and "Blender" the 3D program they use to make objects.......mind you, it will be "Numero-2" but if you have the opportunity to get it, do so. You will enjoy it very much........:kilroy:...

guzler
December 4th, 2008, 05:07
That looks excellent, rich green scenery, very tempted. How does it compare to FSX for frame rates ? I suffer from blurries and frame rate limitations.

Bone
December 4th, 2008, 05:12
I have X-plane, but it didn't work with my TrackIR. I'd like to use it, but I gotta have TrackIR compatability.:banghead:

gera
December 4th, 2008, 05:12
That looks excellent, rich green scenery, very tempted. How does it compare to FSX for frame rates ? I suffer from blurries and frame rate limitations.

I have no problems at all, it sails very nicely and no stutters of any kind, I have it at full Max.....Funny once in a while a sign comes on and says" You have this thing at Max resolution, you might get some flikker" or something like that, but the thing keeps running smoothly as silk!!!!!.....at the current price with an extra plane for $ 39.00 its a steal!!!!!.....you also get 60GIG!!!! of world scenery!!!!! and a lot of free sceneries around....nice...:applause:

fcfcfc
December 4th, 2008, 07:19
How does IR-Track actually work? If you have just one monitor in front, and you turn your head left, don't you have to look from the right corners of your eyes to see the left view displayed on the monitor? Is it not a bit weird?:isadizzy:

gera
December 4th, 2008, 07:29
How does IR-Track actually work? If you have just one monitor in front, and you turn your head left, don't you have to look from the right corners of your eyes to see the left view displayed on the monitor? Is it not a bit weird?:isadizzy:

hahahahahaahahahahahaahah!!!!!!:costumes:

Nick C
December 4th, 2008, 08:33

Not at all, it magnifies your movement meaning that you only have to move your head a little. It takes a week or so to get used to it, but once you have, it renders any other flight sim almost obsolete if you can't set it up for Track IR. It's really that good.

Prowler1111
December 4th, 2008, 08:59
Are weapons modeled in Xplane code? or prety much a civilian sim?

Prowler

Lionheart
December 4th, 2008, 09:32
Are weapons modeled in Xplane code? or prety much a civilian sim?

Prowler

Weapons and bombs are in there, but I dont see AI planes.

Gera,

Where did you get your jet at? Is that freeware?

Coincidently, I couldnt sleep last night and logged an hour over San Diego in XP9. Was good fun. Found out how to zoom out from the panel in VC mode.

Bill

Prowler1111
December 4th, 2008, 09:43

Gera,

Coincidently, I couldnt sleep last night and logged an hour over San Diego in XP9. Was good fun. Found out how to zoom out from the panel in VC mode.

Bill
Dang! now you made me buy it!!:costumes::costumes:

Prowler

gera
December 4th, 2008, 10:52

Gera,

Bill

Hi Bill.....Get the Viggen here, itīs freeware..if you flying Version 9 get the 8 it works fine., look at all the plugins this gentlemen has...

http://www.viggenxfiles.se/pages/Download_do.html

The beautiful Eurofighter is here together with many, many freeware models for any version, but you will have to register...This is a great place for X-plane info.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=3301

You know Bill, I am very surprised with this thing, it works so well and smooth its unreal!!!!!......I remember getting a Dinky Toy Truck when I was a boy...Looooooooooooooooooong time aggggggggggggggggoooooooooooooo.......this thing is something like that:icon_lol::icon_lol:

GT182
December 4th, 2008, 16:58
I have X-plane, but it didn't work with my TrackIR. I'd like to use it, but I gotta have TrackIR compatability.:banghead:

Ahhh, now that's the number one reason I won't buy XPlane9. Thanks for the heads up Bone.

researchpilot
December 4th, 2008, 17:16
X-Plane does have Track IR compatibility. I have been running version 9 for some time and have had no issues with Track IR. From memory it needs to be enabled in the settings menu.

MudMarine
December 4th, 2008, 17:52

I would recommend going to their website. Anyone with out a TrackIR is REALLY missing out on making their sim experience much better!!

tkyler
December 7th, 2008, 09:59
Ahhh, now that's the number one reason I won't buy XPlane9. Thanks for the heads up Bone.

Unfortunately, lack of information is a primary reason x-plane reputation suffers. Lots of people use trackIR fine.

Frame rates are much smoother for myself. Of course when the scenery gets heavy, it can bog..but the visual quality with the settings turned up is quite nice.