PDA

View Full Version : Coming real soon......

euroastar350
March 28th, 2011, 22:47
With the gracious help and approval from Mario Noriega, I am proud to present Project AX (Avanti X) for FSX Acceleration. Features FSX texturing throughout (diffuse, specs, bump), FSX animations throughout, 2-D panel and virtual cockpit (carryover from FS2004 release), 11 texture sets converted from the FS2004 release with matching specular maps, custom sound suite and effects.

I have some small corrections to address. This addon will also mark the first time I try out FSX soundcones. Stay tuned for further info.

euroastar350
March 28th, 2011, 22:48
4 more shots......

Daube
March 28th, 2011, 23:30
Excellent !!
This plane was already one of the greatest port-overs in FS9, working flawlessly with a very nice VC and beautifull model and textures. I can't wait to test this FSX version. Thanks a lot for your efforts :ernae:

On a side note, this plane cas also the one and only Mario Noriega's plane that didn't kill the performance in my FSX :)

DennyA
March 29th, 2011, 21:00
Oh awesome! I'm loving this new teamwork between people who prefer to stick with FS9 and folks who are comfortable with the FSX SDK.

Can't wait to fly it!

expat
March 30th, 2011, 00:50
Enjoy flying regularly Mario's Avanti in FSX - one of the more satisfying turbo-prop experiences in FS IMHO - so looking forward to your refinenments. Are there any changes to the VC included?

doublecool
March 30th, 2011, 03:11
Nicely Done :jump:

euroastar350
March 30th, 2011, 18:14
Thanks guys, no changes to VC....for now. Only thing that has changed is the FDE and sound system. Not too long before release.

expat
March 31st, 2011, 01:10
If it is a true native FSX model made with the FSX SDK then people can swap the VC/interior for another native one if they want . .

Daube
March 31st, 2011, 02:01
Might not be necessary.
The virtual cockpit of this bird is quite nice, and the avionics are really detialled and complete. I don't think there is any other vitual cockpit you would want to use instead of this one.

Of course, you could use the VC of the payware Avanti, but if you have the payware one, you don't need the freeware one anymore.

euroastar350
March 31st, 2011, 02:26
Tis a true FSX native Avanti with all the FSX bells & whistles:icon_lol: Wouldn't be posting this topic here if it wasn't:ernae:

Railrunner130
March 31st, 2011, 21:08
Very cool. I really like the Avanti.

Bjoern
April 1st, 2011, 03:48
Sweet, scratch one portover from my hangar!

The P-180 is a really hot ride. FL390-410 ain't much of a problem.

Also:

The fuel selectors in the original release behaved weirdly, so I've altered the code.

<Gauge Name="FuelTanks" Version="1.0">
<Element>
<Select>
<Value>(G:Var1,bool)</Value>
<Case Value="0">
<Image Name="switch_off.bmp" ImageSizes="26,43"/>
</Case>
<Case Value="1">
<Image Name="switch_on.bmp" ImageSizes="26,43"/>
</Case>
</Select>
</Element>
<Mouse>
<Tooltip>Order of tanks (Up = Aux, then Main; Down = Main only!)</Tooltip>
<Cursor Type="Hand"/>
<Click>
(G:Var1) ! (&gt;G:Var1)
(G:Var1) 0 !=
if{
0 (&gt;K:FUEL_SELECTOR_ALL)
0 (&gt;K:FUEL_SELECTOR_2_ALL)
}
els{
0 (&gt;K:FUEL_SELECTOR_LEFT_MAIN)
0 (&gt;K:FUEL_SELECTOR_2_RIGHT_MAIN)
}
</Click>
</Mouse>
</Gauge>

The above is the content of FuelTanks.xml

<gauge name="Cutoff 2" version="1.0">
</gauge><Gauge Name="Cutoff 2" Version="1.0">
<Element>
<Select>
<Value>(G:Var1,bool)</Value>
<Case Value="0">
<Image Name="switch_on.bmp" ImageSizes="26,43"/>
</Case>
<Case Value="1">
<Image Name="switch_off.bmp" ImageSizes="26,43"/>
</Case>
</Select>
</Element>
<Mouse>
<Tooltip ID="">Right Total Fuel Cutoff (R Eng Shut-Off!)</Tooltip>
<Cursor Type="Hand"/>
<Click>(G:Var1) ! (&gt;G:Var1) (G:Var1) if{ 0 (&gt;K:FUEL_SELECTOR_2_OFF) } els{ 0 (&gt;K:FUEL_SELECTOR_2_ALL) }</Click>
</Mouse>
</Gauge>
Content of Fuel2.xml

Hint:
Changing the gauges involves unpacking the original .cab of the gauge file into a folder, copying the above codes in two separate new .txt files, renaming those two files as indicated, copying the resulting new .xml gauges into the gauge folder, overwriting the older versions.

So much for the rough procedure. You'll figure out the details.

expat
April 1st, 2011, 06:22
The virtual cockpit of this bird is quite nice, and the avionics are really detialled and complete. I don't think there is any other vitual cockpit you would want to use instead of this one.

I don't mean for a minute to be critical - I fly this one ported into FSX quite a lot and it is a very sweet ride indeed with a great flight profile and performance, e.g. speed, altititude and generally nice manners considering the radical look and design of the airframe. Needs a bit of runway - pilot report consensus is you want 4,000' TO to be on the safe side but still a better short field performer than many light jets.

Re the VC and panel, I think it is fine and also it uniquely fits the shape of the airframe so using another one wouldn't be right. The only thing I find - and with some other panels - is purely cosmetic in that where the panel background is based on a photo of a real cockpit it often ends up looking a bit washed out and pixilated and also some may notice the glare/reflection from the camera flash. Not my area of expertise, but would imagine just some higler res/pixel bitmap panel textures might make a difference.

Now, off to fly her now. Love the sound too . .

expat
April 1st, 2011, 13:00
High and fast . .