PDA

View Full Version : Programmer Wanted - Apply within - No Wages!!!:)

hpat
March 28th, 2011, 20:25
Hi,
I have been trying for a while to turn the stock CFS3 Ships into drivable Vehicles, though without the aircraft design sdk (won't install for error:27398 i think) so I think after my many varying failures, to ask an expert (or anyone who can do better then me:icon_lol:) if interested in making for me see below.

ALSO WANTED: a way to start these ships at sea, if anyone knows how please.

it is obvious that you may not want to do all off these, if that's the case just do the ones you want to do (no complaints from me:icon_lol:)
unless otherwise stated could all ships please have weapons to the cfs3 standard for that type of ship. (no panel needed, by the way) Variants in brackets are the wanted ones (folder names of the ships).

1. Cruisers (a_cruiser,g_cruiser) one for each nation
top speed 40knots as advertised in M.O.W Manuel, standard weapons, on the standard rotatable truuets

2.Destroyers. (a_fletcher,b_destroyer,g_destroyer)
top spd. 35 knots. standard weapons.( i think it varrys a little form ship to ship.)

3.british MTB gunboat (brit_mtb also another the same called b_mtbgunboat)
Top spd. 45 knots. the standard machine gun plus (in substitute of the torpedo? tubes mounted of the side) 2 forwards facing (locked in place preferably) howiczer type artilery guns (just find a appropriat gun)

4.E-Boat (e_boat)
Top spd. 37 knots (it looks slower!). the standard machine gun plus (to make fair) 1 forwards facing (locked in place preferably) howiczer type artilery gun (just find a appropriat gun)

Thank you very much for helping (or thinking about it!!:)
Harley Paterson

hpat
April 1st, 2011, 19:23
Hello;
Yeah, I know, "not HIM again!":jump:
I just had a thought, instead, as my sdk won't install someone could just send me the files in the aircraft design sdk, in zip type folder.

hairyspin
April 2nd, 2011, 05:02
First question: is your CFS3 fully patched to 3.1a?

Second question: have you tried re-downloading the Aircraft and Vehicle SDK?

hpat
April 3rd, 2011, 20:32
Yeah, done those, thanks for trying, though.
Thank,
Harley Paterson

hpat
April 3rd, 2011, 20:34
Wait a moment - did you just say 3.1a - i dont think i've got the a part ill try to get that now.
Harley Paterson

hpat
April 3rd, 2011, 20:36
no, that din't work still getting error 2739

hpat
April 3rd, 2011, 20:37
would the fact i have some groundcrew ships on the game affect it?

hairyspin
April 3rd, 2011, 21:57
I don't think Groundcrew ships will have anything to do with it. Try a Google search for Error 2739 and I think you'll find some answers, especially if you're using Vista.

HTH

hpat
April 4th, 2011, 20:40
cant find anything on google , must be an uncommon problem:banghead:

hairyspin
April 5th, 2011, 10:58
Try again, or click here (http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Error+2739+)

hpat
April 5th, 2011, 21:00
Tons about adobe Photoshop, but still nothing about cfs3 sdks.
P.s: I like your "let me google that for you" think:icon_lol:

hpat
April 5th, 2011, 21:16
Oh, I see, its nothing to do with CFS3, got it going now, thanks for the help:icon29::guinness::ernae:
Harley Paterson

hpat
April 6th, 2011, 00:43
My first attempt will not load or show on cfs3 menus and there is no indication the game even knows its there can anyone tell me where i went wrong? (let me guess: on the first line of the xdp?)

hairyspin
April 6th, 2011, 13:11
Difficult to say where to start, but I get the impression you've combined a number of files from various models to make this.

You need to understand how CFS3 models work.

The model itself and virtual cockpit are the .m3d files . Hard coded into that model are the names of the texture files used to 'skin' the model - these are the .dds files - so just dropping other texture files into the folder won't work. Renaming the textures to match a model's original texture files won't work either unless they were made for the same basic model.

Aircraft.cfg gives a list of model parameters used by the sim to position the model on the ground and to determine how it flies. The .air file defines a great deal more about how the model flies and is specific to each model.

Then there's the .XDP file which is unique to CFS3 - this defines the weapons, damage behaviour and effects used amongst other things.

A typical model - say a Grumman Hellcat - would contain a set of files like this:-

Hellcat.m3d, Hellcat_cockpit0.m3d (the model files)
aircraft.cfg, Hellcat.air, Hellcat.xdp (configuration files)
Hellcat_t.dds, Hellcat_s.dds, Hellcat_pit_1.dds, Hellcat_pit_2.dds (texture files)
a sound folder
Notice the naming practice! This is one big reason your model doesn't show in CFS3.

Now the main gotcha: you can't just take a non-flying, or non-drivable model, add a few files and get it driving (or flying). The model has to be built for driving or flying or your viewpoint is from the model's centre - which depends on the modeller's whim - and you might see some or none of it in the sim. So you may have to get to grips with gmax and modelling.

There are a few drivable ship models - I know there's a U-boat in the ETO expansion for CFS3 - so you could get a few pointers by looking at these models. Also ask over at the CFS3 forum, there are some friendly folk there who like ship models.

hairyspin
April 6th, 2011, 21:05
One other thing - if the model is defined as AI only in the .air file, it won't show in the flyable/drivable list in CFS3.

hpat
April 6th, 2011, 21:25
Ok, ill look over those things.