PDA

View Full Version : New EPads arrived

Ickie
March 28th, 2011, 10:19
Today the second EPad arrived.

Now that I know what I am doing with this epad, it has come to my attn we have a graphic problem with SOH and we never knew this. CK will see the error when he gets his unit Friday. The top SOH graphic is a Gif and it is mapped wrong, it comes across as a black and white image, sorta brown, lol. The same graphic at the Flight Center is OK. This is one of the reasons we needed to get one of these, in our case, 2 of them, to see how SOH looks in other types of gadgets.

Next I just love the way i can monitor the server using Linux, it is safe and secure and I can take this little unit anywhere I go, like to the can, lol, or to bed. Before I use to have my big computer running with the sound turned way up so when that alarm went off I knew something was wrong. Now it is next to me and all I have to do is just glance at it. Sometimes I use to take the laptop into the bedroom, but it is large and clumsy and takes up the whole top to the small bedside cabinet and I always worried I would knock it off, lol. Or worse Haney would knock it off.

I did find on google market for droids a virus/ malware program for this unit so I am double protected.

I set this epad up with only 3 links, the Linux server our life blood, lol, SOH.com and SOH.net and run 3 windows with each page.

Tho this will never replace a real computer and some of it is crap, lol, it still does what we need it to do. Monitor the server and check CK's code.

I am sure CK will love this little unit too.

I set it up and checked out everything on it before I sent it to him by UPS. He will receive it Friday, and I am sure my phone will ring, hehehe.:jump::ernae::173go1:

Thank you all once again

Chacha
March 28th, 2011, 19:58
Today the second EPad arrived.

Now that I know what I am doing with this epad, it has come to my attn we have a graphic problem with SOH and we never knew this. CK will see the error when he gets his unit Friday. The top SOH graphic is a Gif and it is mapped wrong, it comes across as a black and white image, sorta brown, lol. The same graphic at the Flight Center is OK. This is one of the reasons we needed to get one of these, in our case, 2 of them, to see how SOH looks in other types of gadgets.

Next I just love the way i can monitor the server using Linux, it is safe and secure and I can take this little unit anywhere I go, like to the can, lol, or to bed. Before I use to have my big computer running with the sound turned way up so when that alarm went off I knew something was wrong. Now it is next to me and all I have to do is just glance at it. Sometimes I use to take the laptop into the bedroom, but it is large and clumsy and takes up the whole top to the small bedside cabinet and I always worried I would knock it off, lol. Or worse Haney would knock it off.

I did find on google market for droids a virus/ malware program for this unit so I am double protected.

I set this epad up with only 3 links, the Linux server our life blood, lol, SOH.com and SOH.net and run 3 windows with each page.

Tho this will never replace a real computer and some of it is crap, lol, it still does what we need it to do. Monitor the server and check CK's code.

I am sure CK will love this little unit too.

I set it up and checked out everything on it before I sent it to him by UPS. He will receive it Friday, and I am sure my phone will ring, hehehe.:jump::ernae::173go1:

Thank you all once again

He will surely love it!
He will be in love with this little thing!
He can be anywhere and he can be with us at SOH...
(no where to hide!) :)