PDA

View Full Version : Sound Problem: "Ground Roll" will NOT quit!

HighGround22
March 27th, 2011, 14:42
I'm hoping this irritating snag can perhaps be fixed with the help of one of the more sound-savvy folks around here!

Whatever the aircraft, and whatever the state -- even "cold-dark" -- the ground_roll sound for that aircraft will be sounding. Zero wind, battery off, parking brake on doesn't matter. From the moment FSX opens, until it shuts down, there's that sound.

Dieter has/had the same problem in a much earlier post that was alas unanswered:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?12896-Sound-problem

If anyone has a suspicion of what could be causing this (it's probably something simple), I'd be enormously grateful!!

FSX-Accel, Win7-64. (Had the same problem with my earlier XP setup, as well)

Cheers, all.

scottmm73
March 27th, 2011, 16:20
1. Try reloading the aircraft. It seems a default flight was saved with the 'ground roll' sound being executed during the time of the save.

2. If reloading the aircraft doesn't work try loading a saved flight from the Free Flight menu and see if it persists.

3. If it continues after loading another saved flight rename the fsx.cfg to fsx.cfg.bak and allow FSX to recreate the .cfg file. Load your default flight and see if the sound persists again. Hopefully one of those three options should fix the situation.

If option 1 fixes it, re-save the default flight situation.

If option 2 fixes it, re-save a default flight situation.

If option 3 fixes it, any modifications you made to your original cfg file must be transferred to the new one.

****Note. This is just a whack in the dark. I've never heard of this occurring before. This assumes you have not added any new third party software to FSX.