PDA

View Full Version : TR B-25J RAF Skin?

Pen32Win
March 26th, 2011, 20:58
I've been searching high and low and can't seem to locate one. I've been through 60 pages of archived skins, the new RAF Skins here, Simviation, SC's home page, Morton's Home page..... Does one exist?

Seagull V
March 26th, 2011, 21:25
Hello Pen32Win

Good to see that you are taking a break from GMax !!!!!!!

For the RAF B-25 find B25J_RAF.zip:-
Skin for Fightertown Design Group v.2 FS9 - North American B25J Mitchell

180Squadron RAF Mitchell EV-S. In real life it was a mitchell II .
Based on an original by RAF23-Chainsaw.
You will have to get the Donation ware aircrafts at:http://www.donationware.net/
And to use this skins and aircraft in CFS2, please download Bearcat241's conversion instruction package from:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=3278

Morton, November 2007

Note the Link which was in the "history-readme" file is not working, updated link for Fdg2_b25j_conv.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/#download) is (at the bottom of the page):-
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=bearcat241&ammm=15&pap=2

Pen32Win
March 26th, 2011, 21:54
Thanks SG;

I've seen that one but it's not for the "TR" model. I even checked to see if just by chance they were mapped the same. Great skin and I jumped at it until I realized it was for a Non-Multi-LOD FS9 Conversion.

Jagdflieger
March 26th, 2011, 22:08
Pen,

There is a 4 pack of skins by TR for the B-25C that has an RAF skin. I don't have a screen shot of it, but the zip file is 25vctex.zip. TR uploads all of his stuff to simviation.com so you should be able to get it there.

Link:

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=25vctex.zip&categoryId=3

Pen32Win
March 26th, 2011, 22:30
Thanks Jagd;

I have that set and there's a perfect 2nd TAF Skin in it for the C/D. I even tried it on the "J" model and most of it is ok but there's a number of very obvious pieces that are not mapped the same. It's not a huge deal, I was going to use it for a Mitchell III which is what the British called the "J". Though from the pictures I have they didn't use the Side-Pak Guns.

Thanks for trying to help gents!!!:ernae:

Nole
March 27th, 2011, 08:13
Sopwith Chameleon did the skins for the TR B-25 series. You might contact him directly, and TR must have a copy. He hangs out on the SimV CFS2 forum.

Sopwith Chameleon
March 27th, 2011, 11:57
I've been searching high and low and can't seem to locate one. I've been through 60 pages of archived skins, the new RAF Skins here, Simviation, SC's home page, Morton's Home page..... Does one exist?

Hi Pen,

I've got this one - not sure it ever got out (?)

Jim34034

Pen32Win
March 27th, 2011, 12:16
Howdy SC;

That's the C/D Model. Never the less, it's beautiful. Dutch Triangle, "NO" would make it 320 Sqn. 2nd TAF D-Day period. You should put that one out.

Have you tried it on TR's "J" Model? It really isn't a big deal, I do have the AS B-25J but I've forgotten if it's any good on FPS.

This is just more of my "rediscovery" period after being away for almost two years. I must have installed 30+ upgrades yesterday and today looks to be more of the same.

Update: Now I remember why I didn't care for the AS B-25J/Mitchell III, as AI's the Props, Spiiners, Etc. are missing. Not bad at all on FPS to the positive side.

Sopwith Chameleon
March 27th, 2011, 15:24
Hi Pen,

Tom never modelled a "J" Model without the Package guns, but if that's not an issue, I'm sure we can do something ......

I don't have any references for the "J" in RAF service - it would be useful if you can share what you've got - what I have seen is in Bare Aluminium ?

Jim

Pen32Win
March 27th, 2011, 16:04
Howdy SC;

I talked about that very issue early on in this thread, side pak guns that is. No the RAF didn't use them. 2nd TAF only used the Mitchell in the Level Bomber roll. They had the Typhoon's and Mossie FB's for the Ground Attack roll.

The RAF called the "J" the "Mitchell III" and they were painted just like the Mitchell II's (B-25C/D). OD Upper, Lt. Grey Undersides, Red Sqn.Aircraft ID's. Just like the picture you posted.

From 15 Nov 43 until 7 May 45, No.98 Sqn. "VO" "Derby", No.320 Sqn. "NO" Dutch, No.342 Sqn. "OA" French and No. 305 Sqn. "SM" Polish (May Have) flew the Mitchell III with 2nd TAF. Several other Sqn.'s finished out the war with Mitchell II's. I have a copy of a pretty rare book called "2nd TAF" by Christopher F. Shores. It's actually an Osprey Hardcover book which is the most detailed book you'll ever find on the 2nd TAF. A great resource which unfortunatly has not been published in a very long time. My copy is a 1st print from 1970.

Sopwith Chameleon
March 27th, 2011, 16:38
Howdy SC;

I talked about that very issue early on in this thread, side pak guns that is. No the RAF didn't use them. 2nd TAF only used the Mitchell in the Level Bomber roll. They had the Typhoon's and Mossie FB's for the Ground Attack roll.

The RAF called the "J" the "Mitchell III" and they were painted just like the Mitchell II's (B-25C/D). OD Upper, Lt. Grey Undersides, Red Sqn.Aircraft ID's. Just like the picture you posted.

From 15 Nov 43 until 7 May 45, No.98 Sqn. "VO" "Derby", No.320 Sqn. "NO" Dutch, No.342 Sqn. "OA" French and No. 305 Sqn. "SM" Polish (May Have) flew the Mitchell III with 2nd TAF. Several other Sqn.'s finished out the war with Mitchell II's. I have a copy of a pretty rare book called "2nd TAF" by Christopher F. Shores. It's actually an Osprey Hardcover book which is the most detailed book you'll ever find on the 2nd TAF. A great resource which unfortunatly has not been published in a very long time. My copy is a 1st print from 1970.

OK,

I have a partly finished skin for the B/C {Mitchell II} for 305 {SM} SQN which won't take much to tweak to fit the "J" Model {MK III} - so only question is - do you want Invasion Stripes ?

Jim

sc7500
March 27th, 2011, 17:02
...I have a partly finished skin for the B/C {Mitchell II} for 305 {SM} SQN which won't take much to tweak to fit the "J" Model {MK III} - so only question is - do you want Invasion Stripes ?...

...Would it be to make one with and one without ?

'Cause I'll just have to kill an evening removing them if you make a skin WITH Stripes.....

Thanx
SC
:kilroy:

Pen32Win
March 27th, 2011, 23:24
SC, I think without would make it more versitile. And to SC7500's point it's always easier to put stripes on than take them off. Thank You for jumping in on this. I know you've got a project list the length of your arms. :ernae:

Sopwith Chameleon
March 28th, 2011, 23:52
:salute: OK, Plain Vanilla or Stripes - the choice will be yours - got some tidying up to do (thanks Pen) and they'll be ready - I'll post the link when they're uploaded

:wavey:

Sopwith Chameleon
March 29th, 2011, 04:08
34133:wiggle: ..........they're up and ready to roll : http://sopwithc.wetpaint.com/page/Downloads+Page+8#link

Enjoy !

Jim
:salute:

Pen32Win
March 29th, 2011, 09:43
Thank You SC.

They're perfect and one of the best things about this bird is the FPS. I had 40 of them in a bomber stream and had no problem. Still pulling 50+ FPS.

sc7500
March 29th, 2011, 12:04
..........they're up and ready to roll :... Enjoy !...

Thank You, Sir - Excellent as always [and I have something to fly instead of paint tonight!] :salute:

SC
:kilroy:

Jagdflieger
March 29th, 2011, 12:57
Thanks SC!

Nole
March 29th, 2011, 16:41
In response to Sopwith's announcement on the SimV forum of his new RAF skins, TR has released a new Mitchell III model. Post says it's uploaded and will be in the download que by morning.

Rami
March 29th, 2011, 18:49
Good evening,

Sorry I haven't been on top of this thread. Great work, SC and TR! :ernae:

Jagdflieger
March 30th, 2011, 03:42
TR's new Mitchell III (without the cheek guns) is up and ready to download at Simviation.com

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Aircraft-83-0