PDA

View Full Version : Wow did some "Gun" work today..

HouseHobbit
March 26th, 2011, 15:00
Oh did some "gun" work today,

I was left a daisy model 880 Air rifle, by a Tenant, Then I found the scope for it in another apartment ???
A little 3/4 inch cheap made in China scope, was missing the screw and Clamp for the Mount on the rear..

So, I took My trusty Dermal tool some files and went to work..
Made a new Clap, and found a screw in my computer stuff, that was the same metric threads..

And now I am the proud owner of a daisy 880 air rifle in 5mm, shoots according to the info, at Ten Pumps= 750 fps..

WE shall see!!! I'll shoot it over my chronograph..
But first to work up some loads???
And shoot LONG range, yes 50 yds :applause:..Well maybe 25 yds..:ernae:

I am going to give it to a friend's son, He will enjoy it..:costum:

Off to test my new toy..:tgun2:

Fearless hunting Hobbit is loose..:cowboy:
Going after the dangerous, and deadly 2-liter bottle..:icon_eek:

Perhaps may have to defend from a charging Pop can too..:isadizzy:

It will be a Brave Hunt I am sure..

rayrey10
March 26th, 2011, 15:11
Happy Hunting! :sniper: :bump:

I used to have a Daisy Air Rifle when I was a kid. My brother and I would pack a lunch, take our air rifles and go "exploring" thru the woods around Hinesville, GA...my Dad was stationed at Ft Stewart. Man, we used to have fun. Sometimes we would also take cane poles and go fishing too.

Life was so good then. As long as we were home by sun down everything was okay....I'll stop now because I'm showing my age...hahaha!!!

Anyways, HH I'm sure that your friends son will enjoy it.

Willy
March 26th, 2011, 16:41
My folks normally would never let us kids have BB guns. Said that too many bad habits were developed with them. They usually got us a single shot 22 at around 7 or 8 years old and if we didn't handle it correctly, we'd loose it for a while or longer.

They did let one of my younger brothers have a BB gun. He figured that as it wasn't a "real gun", he could shoot all kinds of stuff with it. The folks didn't appreciate for having to pay for some car windshields that he shot with it.

Matt Wynn
March 26th, 2011, 19:04
looks a nice air rifle... i've only got 2 in my collection a Crossman Ratcatcher (.22) which i use for it's name... ratting & 'Plinking' and a Westlake B2 i use for can and bottle 'Plinking' will get some pics later on... if i can find my darned sight.... good news for me was the scope on the ratcatcher fits most air rifles so i just swap them over when the urge takes me, used to have a supressor for my ratty but that got a bit busted after a trip with a buddy...

stormtrooper271
March 26th, 2011, 21:43
I've got a Daisy 880 and an old Sears air rifle that was a slightly modified Crosman 1400.
The Sears is a .22 and is much more accurate than the 880, the only thing that I do with them is shoot cans in the back yard.
Just out of curiosity Hobbit does the 880 you have have the metal receiver or plastic one?

Jagdflieger
March 26th, 2011, 21:43
It sounds like that was a fun and rewarding project. I'm sure the young man you give it to will appreciate it.

I taught my son how to shoot properly and accurately with a Beeman barrel cocker in .17 cal before moving him on to rim fires and then center fires. We still have that air rifle and with a good aperture rear sight it is a great little practice rifle when I don't feel like leaving the back yard.

HouseHobbit
March 27th, 2011, 00:30
I've got a Daisy 880 and an old Sears air rifle that was a slightly modified Crosman 1400.
The Sears is a .22 and is much more accurate than the 880, the only thing that I do with them is shoot cans in the back yard.
Just out of curiosity Hobbit does the 880 you have have the metal receiver or plastic one?

This one has a plastic receiver, It is in Great shape..
I haven't had the chance to see if you can hit the wide side of a barn yet or not..
I will really work it up to see how it shoots..

I would hate to give Douglas, something you can't hit a can with at 25 yds..LOL..
That might be a bit discouraging..

So I shall find out if one can hit a can with it..
If not, I will warn him at what range, it will work at..
I don't expect much from it, but I could be surprised..

The Lad I am giving it too is a wonderful young man, with 6 sisters.. I do feel sorry for Him, all those Girls to deal with..LOL..
But he is a good lad, and I am grateful it is so..

Off to hunt the dangerous and deadly 2 liter bottle..
Brave Hobbit Hunter is loose..And Armed, (legged too) just short ones is all..

stansdds
March 27th, 2011, 04:40
I still have a Crossman .22 air rifle. It used to wear a small, 4x scope and was extremely accurate. Targets at 25 yards were no problem.