PDA

View Full Version : Question about arrestor cables and launch.

XLR8
March 24th, 2011, 06:45
How would one go about putting them on a runway for training. Is there a EASY way.

Dave Torkington
March 24th, 2011, 08:14
Hi XLR8,

In a word - not really...

There's a very good FLOLS Training objects pack for FSX Acceleration that includes FLOLS trailers, 3 different cable sceneries and LSO's made by S. Parouty, but you'll need to place your chosen model somehow... These trap anything with a configured arrestorhook.

I'd be glad to place arrestor cables at your chosen airfield for you if it helps - just pm me details and I'll send you the files...

Perhaps someone else could help with the launch effect?

XLR8
March 24th, 2011, 08:20
Hi XLR8,

In a word - not really...

There's a very good FLOLS Training objects pack for FSX Acceleration that includes FLOLS trailers, 3 different cable sceneries and LSO's made by S. Parouty, but you'll need to place your chosen model somehow... These trap anything with a configured arrestorhook.

I'd be glad to place arrestor cables at your chosen airfield for you if it helps - just pm me details and I'll send you the files...

Perhaps someone else could help with the launch effect?

Thanks. I don't want to burden anyone. I see a addon from Abacus flight deck 6 . It has working arrestor cables and launch . I was thinking there might be a easy way of doing it .

Sieggie
March 24th, 2011, 08:49
This Choctaw scenery has been around for a while.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=113&id=83

I don't think they put out cables for real practice at an airfield. They say it is "All about the Approach" :)

Dave

ryanbatc
March 24th, 2011, 09:07
The airport I work ATC has one cable on each end of the runway. Now it's not for navy jets, it's for USAF jets in case of emergency, but it does the same thing :)