PDA

View Full Version : Flight tuning the P.Burnage Mossie.

demorier
March 23rd, 2011, 16:13
I need a little assistance getting some more rudder for take off in the P.Burnage Mosquito's (Mark V1). It doesn't have a regular CFS2 type aircraft.cfg file that I could just add a little more rudder to keep it straight on the runway. Even rudder trimmed way to the right and right engine power at about 70% I'm still just about tracking off the side of the runway on takeoff.

Might need a slight adjustment to some entry in the air file...but which entry ??

bearcat241
March 23rd, 2011, 17:46
Copy the FT section ONLY from a virgin stocker's un-modded cfg and paste it into the Mossie. Set the rudder effectiveness to 8.0.

demorier
March 23rd, 2011, 19:55
Had a thought something like that last night but didn't get around to it. That fixed it anyway...thanks BC. Probably a bit to twitchy now...just a little tinkering to do with those numbers, might just reduce the 8.0 number a bit and add some rudder trim there. :wavey:

bearcat241
March 23rd, 2011, 20:47
Adding that section of text to a cfg that didn't have it before will have a side effect on the overall characteristics of the flight model. If you want, you can delete all of it except the rudder portion and just use a lower value for that.

demorier
March 23rd, 2011, 22:06
Will do BC...thanks for that.