PDA

View Full Version : RV-8!!!!!

skyhawka4m
March 23rd, 2011, 16:11
What ever happened to the RV-8 that some folks were working on? If I remember correctly it wasn't that far off from completion.

http://www.vimeo.com/11623266

N2056
March 23rd, 2011, 16:22
You are probably thinking of the one that Dan Dunn is doing. Unfortunately I have seen/heard nothing regarding progress on it for some time. I do hope it gets done as I am a huge fan of home-built aircraft. His RV really looks good (and that's coming from a Thorp guy) :icon_lol:

ryanbatc
March 23rd, 2011, 17:22
The only RV I know of is this RV7:
http://www.baytower.ca/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=103

(Last update Mar 6)

Kiwikat
March 23rd, 2011, 18:27
I haven't talked to Dan for months now. I think he's put the project on hold indefinitely.

It is certainly a shame. He had done some really cool stuff with it...

skyhawka4m
March 23rd, 2011, 21:49
yep....he sent me screen shots of the paints he was going to include and they really were good looking paints, and the cockpit looked stunning.

TomSteber
March 24th, 2011, 01:52
You are probably thinking of the one that Dan Dunn is doing. Unfortunately I have seen/heard nothing regarding progress on it for some time. I do hope it gets done as I am a huge fan of home-built aircraft. His RV really looks good (and that's coming from a Thorp guy) :icon_lol:
I'm sorry, but I'm pretty new to the FSX side of things, but did you ever finish your T-18?
I remember seeing pictures of it quite a while back and thought it looked great. Would be very interested in getting my hands on that little darling!

N2056
March 24th, 2011, 04:53
Tom, that project is still in the hangar. Because of the tie I have to the real one I want it to be the best I can possibly do, and as I learn things on other projects I go back and incorporate what I have learned into the Thorp. Needless to say I have re-done things many times! :icon_lol:

I have been thinking of releasing a 'beta' version that would be minus the pilot and some other things. What I have right now is useable according to some people that have tried it out.

ryanbatc
March 24th, 2011, 09:10
I haven't talked to Dan for months now. I think he's put the project on hold indefinitely.

It is certainly a shame. He had done some really cool stuff with it...

So is Dan the Baytower one?

hews500d
March 24th, 2011, 10:18
So is Dan the Baytower one?

Dan isn't the Baytower one. He is/was working on an Rv-8. The guy that is doing the Baytower one (Rv-7) is Danny. Dan doesn't equal Danny in this case :icon_lol:

Darrell

TomSteber
March 24th, 2011, 17:34
Tom, that project is still in the hangar. Because of the tie I have to the real one I want it to be the best I can possibly do, and as I learn things on other projects I go back and incorporate what I have learned into the Thorp. Needless to say I have re-done things many times! :icon_lol:

I have been thinking of releasing a 'beta' version that would be minus the pilot and some other things. What I have right now is useable according to some people that have tried it out.
Well... if you ever need another "beta" pilot. :jump:

Kiwikat
March 25th, 2011, 01:23

"useable"?

I thought it was pretty darn nice! :ernae:

Tracon
March 25th, 2011, 08:04
That's Vernor's in your mug, right? :wavey: