PDA

View Full Version : JY43 Hill Top Airport, NJ - Sloping Runway

Wally-Bob
March 22nd, 2011, 11:09
New Listing in Warbird's Library\FSX Scenery:

Current real world private airport omitted by MS is now available as a FSX sloping runway. A touchdown tire squealing, smoking rubber - that kind of hardened surface sloping runway. High resolution mesh terrain and day/night photo scenery designed to work well with and look good with default FSX, UTX, GEX and MSE photo. Manual includes FSX configuration and installation tips. USGS 0.5m Orthoimagery and LiDAR 1/9 arc second source data.

by Wally-Bob :USA-flag:

falcon409
March 22nd, 2011, 11:23
Hey there Wally-Bob. . .yes I can vouch first-hand for his scenery. . .excellent work and a blast to fly into (or out of). Even though it's made to fit in with the Megascenery textures, it looks perfect with GEX and UTX as well. . .nice job!!!:salute:

Wally-Bob
March 22nd, 2011, 11:48
Thanks Falcon409,

I have a few of your fine works as well.

For completeness and continuity of your virtual experience so the airstrip terrain blends seamlessly into the surrounding, it is highly recommended to download and install Northeast New Jersey 5 Meter Mesh Terrain - neNJ_Mesh_5m_v1_w-b.zip. JY43 Hill Top Airport will prove to be a great base of operations to rediscover <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place>Northeast New Jersey</st1:place> rendered in High Resolution 5 meter mesh.

_w-b :USA-flag:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

robcap
March 22nd, 2011, 13:22
Tha's quite some work you put into that, with the mesh and the photoreal scenery around the airport.
Great job.
I'll certainly do some more flying around there.

Cheers, Rob

Edit: I think it deserves a sticky :ernae:

Wally-Bob
March 23rd, 2011, 10:25
Thanks Rob,

The photo scenery did take some time, and the runway lighting also.
None of the airport editors out there are set up to work with a sloping runway so ...

_w-b :USA-flag:

Meshman
March 23rd, 2011, 10:38
Any chance you could do this for Princeville, on the island of Kauai, Hawai'i? :173go1:

Greets out to Wally-Bob!

P.S. Roof done Friday, now for outside paint...

big-mike
March 23rd, 2011, 11:38
Tha's quite some work you put into that, with the mesh and the photoreal scenery around the airport.
Great job.

Cheers, Rob

Nothing to add,fantastic work!
Thank you
Michael

Roger
March 23rd, 2011, 11:53
Great job.

Cheers, Rob

Edit: I think it deserves a sticky :ernae:

It's not too often we stickie a scenery release...but why not?:engel016:

I'd love to see some screenshots btw...

big-mike
March 23rd, 2011, 12:45

big-mike
March 23rd, 2011, 12:56
One more

big-mike
March 23rd, 2011, 13:02
And the last

Meshman
March 23rd, 2011, 13:12
And one more, with UTX and GEX active. Landing at Wally-Bob's airport is from the east, as trying to land from the west can cause major structural problems with the airplane. Thought I had it setup OK for the sloping runway going down hill, but er..., insurance company says they'll pay for the repairs to the Kodiak!

big-mike
March 23rd, 2011, 13:23
LOL,
I`ve damaged the gear of my C185 too.
Michael

Wally-Bob
March 24th, 2011, 11:58
There are more screen shots in the download package including an animation- "Building JY43"
Many Thanks Roger, Mike and Meshman. Your thumbs up really means a lot.
Princeville Airport, Kauai, Hawaii, sloping runway - hmmm, somebody needs to do it ...

big-mike
March 24th, 2011, 12:24
"Princeville Airport, Kauai, Hawaii, sloping runway - hmmm, somebody needs to do it ..."
That would really be great!
Michael

Wally-Bob
April 16th, 2011, 07:41
I'm currently writing the "How to Build Sloping FSX Runways" tutorial.
The release should only be a couple of weeks from now on my limited free time schedule.

I'm happy to see that both JY43 Hill Top Airport and Northeast New Jersey 5m Mesh Terrain have surpassed the 1000 downloads mark combined all sites with many Thanks and positive reviews.

I'm glad you all enjoy.

heywooood
April 16th, 2011, 07:58
looks like a great strip with nice environs...and a challenge to boot

count me in too