PDA

View Full Version : panel probs.

winslow33
December 3rd, 2008, 15:31
I have a really nice DC-2 panel to go along with my Finnish DC-2, but the majority of it is black. Sadly, black is the color that is transparent in the game. Is there any way to change this to white or something other than black so the panel works? I included a picture of it. thanks.

hubbabubba
December 3rd, 2008, 16:24
The transparency color is determined by the upper-left pixel, and can be any color you want. Since screen resolution is not the same from one monitor to the next, a good precaution is to make that a 2x2 pixels square. Choose a dark color as, from Ivan's experience, light colors tend to "seep", especially with different screen resolution. Pure RGB black (0,0,0) is the norm, but anything dark, for example R=20, G=20, and B=20, will do.

I don't really see faulty transparency from the image above. Sky is visible through cockpit windows, as it should be; I don't see outside visual elements through the panel. It looks like a night rendition of a cockpit; the left cockpit lamp cast light an shadows on the board.

Of course, the color you choose should only be used in region where you want transparency, and nowhere else. Also, make sure that this color does not appear in a change of luminosity (facing the sun or night flying are the most common situation).

winslow33
December 3rd, 2008, 16:29
Thanks. One time I accidentally made navy blue transparent but couldnt figure out how I did it.:isadizzy:
And that image was directly from the panel bitmap. I'll try to take a CFS screenshot of what was happening after.
Thanks.

And yeah, that picture was of a Dutch Navy DC-2 in a dark hanger. I have a similar picture in the daytime, but I like this one better. The red warning lights make it look very realistic.

winslow33
December 4th, 2008, 16:08
These are some pics of my panel.. A before shot of what was happening and an after shot. Thanks for the help:jump:

hubbabubba
December 5th, 2008, 05:01
Yep, it does make a difference:costumes:!

Didn't had to enlarge them to see it!