PDA

View Full Version : "an aa-mode that`s worth a try!

big-mike
March 19th, 2011, 13:47
I want to invite you to follow this thread
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/330328-an-aa-mode-thats-worth-a-try/
Gives me a stunning result,the shimmering is gone for 99%,
takes load from the CPU over to the GPU.
My 285GTX can handle it,but much more she probably wouldn`t.
For users with a newer card absolutely recommendable.
Michael

warchild
March 20th, 2011, 03:14
I just set this up on my GTX 260 and ran tests over Portland and Tokyo.. All results returned very favorably. frame rates were smoother, and the flashing blocks of scenery i normally get over portland were almost completely eradicated. I'm still not happy with my transparency aa but i'm working on it..

MarkH
March 20th, 2011, 05:26
Can I be the first to ask, how do you make nVidia Inspector actually do anything? It just seems to show me parameters...

wallyboard
March 20th, 2011, 05:42
Can I be the first to ask, how do you make nVidia Inspector actually do anything? It just seems to show me parameters...

This should get you on your way;

http://www.simforums.com/forums/nhancer-settings-for-new-drivers-updated-v1932_topic36586.html

Cheers
Larry

Roger
March 20th, 2011, 05:43

Hi Mark,
On the first screen click the "spanner" icon. Then choose MS FSX from the top menu. At the end of every line there's a drop down menu where you can set up your required paramemters. Finally "save" and you're away.

Roger
March 20th, 2011, 05:46
I have tested this with my 460 and am impressed with the results. Now I know why I bought the 2 gig ram version:engel016:
Thanks for the hu Michael:ernae:

Roger
March 20th, 2011, 06:02
I'm going to send the thread to the FsX "Tweaks" sub forum. It will be visible for longer there and deserves to be up with the best tweaks.

MarkH
March 20th, 2011, 07:16
Hi Mark,
On the first screen click the "spanner" icon. Then choose MS FSX from the top menu. At the end of every line there's a drop down menu where you can set up your required paramemters. Finally "save" and you're away.

Thanks Roger. Unfortunately my 'spanner' icon is greyed out :(

[Later]

Oh okay, I see it needs a later nVidia driver than the one I have on this machine. I'll go and try it on the proper FSX computer...

MarkH
March 20th, 2011, 07:19
This should get you on your way;

http://www.simforums.com/forums/nhancer-settings-for-new-drivers-updated-v1932_topic36586.html

Cheers
Larry

Thanks, that should get me going.

txnetcop
March 21st, 2011, 13:22
This seems to work on all 260GTX and above Nividia cards with at least 768GB of RAM...however the more ram the better!
Ted

OleBoy
May 2nd, 2011, 06:46
This nvidia inspector is FANTASTIC!!! :applause::ernae::jump:

Thanks for the info.
After a good testing, my FSX flight experience is the best it has ever been. Now to experience flying. Oh, how I wish I knew how to make a video. Awesome is the word.